Lumia 900 vs Titan II.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok so let's get this out of the way, if you are an AT&T user and your contract is up this year and still have your Focus, Surround or Quantum you are in for a tough choice.

Both phones look amazing and I don't know how to decide ( Won't get neither, because my carrier is lame )

titan2aejy3.jpg

900specssc6kq.png

*Graphs made by Brokasten from neogaf, I rehost them*

Titan Hands on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UlBWNie9kwhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UlBWNie9kw

Lumia 900 Hands on

Nokia Lumia 900 - first hands-on video - YouTube

Ugh such hard decisions. Can we just get a Blue Titan made of polycarbonate?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
id go for the NOKIA hands down...

1. cause of the pollyfiber shell or w/e its called ( sounds cool LOL )

2. the Titan does NOT have gorilla glass :( ( this is a MUST for me ) unless i missed something

3.AMOLED screen with the enhence pixel thing ( haven't compared yet but i think Nokia wins.)

4, bigger battery smaller screen = longer life.

5. camera and storage doesn't matter to me.

but i am a little intrigued with he TITAN 4.7inch screen!!! UGE! but the Nokia Looked UGE as well soo i dunno lol...

with out playing with them... NOKIA 900

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm very interested in Nokia for the call quality. I'd love a 4.7" screen, but making calls comes first.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Mike20PR

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a Titan, and im planning to get a Lumia 900 when released. Titan is awesome, but Nokia is where its at with Windows Phone. What sold me is when Elop mentioned that unlike the other OEMs, Nokias absolute best efforts and technologies are focused for Windows Phone unlike the rest that seems like they use leftover parts for their devices or mediocre devices (except HTC with the Titan) also, Amoled screens do it more justice than the faded out blacks in SLCD Titan uses. Plus dare I say... Its friggin gorgeous

sEnT fRoM mY TiTaN(iC) BeAsT

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
id go for the NOKIA hands down...

1. cause of the pollyfiber shell or w/e its called ( sounds cool LOL )

2. the Titan does NOT have gorilla glass :( ( this is a MUST for me ) unless i missed something

3.AMOLED screen with the enhence pixel thing ( haven't compared yet but i think Nokia wins.)

4, bigger battery smaller screen = longer life.

5. camera and storage doesn't matter to me.

but i am a little intrigued with he TITAN 4.7inch screen!!! UGE! but the Nokia Looked UGE as well soo i dunno lol...

with out playing with them... NOKIA 900

While I'd rather have the 900, I think I may end up waiting for WP8. My contract isn't up until around November anyway.

But just to address some of your points...

1. Yes. It's beautiful and sturdy.

2. The Titan doesn't have Gorilla Glass, but it does have the HTC equivelent. Gorilla Glass is just a brand name. HTC and Samsung both have come up with their own glass technology. Though I'm not sure how it stacks up with Gorilla Glass 2.

3. The Nokia screen does look nice on video. But I will say that my current Titan holds up pretty well against the Super AMOLED my Samsung Focus. The screen is pretty nice. I imagine the Titan II would at least be of the same quality.

4. Smaller screen may not really affect battery life all that much. You'd be surprised how little the screen uses up the battery compared to other things like the antennas. But you're right about the better battery in the Nokia.

5. I will say that the camera in the current Titan is pretty nice. I assume that the Titan II's camera will be of similar quality, but with more pixels. I'm not sure what the Lumia 900's camera will be like. But hopefully it's awesome also.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Umm, regarding #4, not so sure about the screen having little effect on the battery. Your phone will burn about 4% with WiFi on
for a full 15 hour day (running in the background). 3G, about 11% in 15 hours. Turn you screen on for an hour, and don't use any radios (WiFi, BT, 3G) or play any processor intense games. You will drop 10-15% per hour. Add gaming or video watching to that and it will jump to 15-20% per hour. Bit less for web browsing. So screen does matter. Now how much .4" matters, not so sure.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'd take the Nokia. I've had Nokias in the past and was always pleased with the cell reception and battery life. I'm considering replacing my personal BlackBerry with the Lumina 900 actually.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I gave HTC a chance that I said I never would by getting the original Titan... After I exchanged my Titan for the Focus S, I'm going back to that stance I had on HTC.

16MP means nothing... no one is blowing up their pics that much that they'll need 16MP. I'm almost 110% that the Carl Zeiss will blow out the 16MP on the HTC device.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
By specs alone, the camera of the Titan 1 (pot size, focal length, aperture), is identical to the lumia 900, save the glass elements.

The key will be software, however.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Canada where neither device has been announced, but given the choice I'd go with the 900. I currently have an HD7 and I don't want a bigger screen than 4.3", plus the original Titan had well documented issue relating to call quality etc which have neither been confirmed or denied in the new model. Nokia's reputation in this dept has always been stellar.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs