Made a purchase: Did I Make the Right Choice?

Android_Al

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm a Tmobile user, bought the HTC Amaze instead of the Lumia 710. This means two more years under contract without a WP7 phone.

I'm sort of sad about this, and I have 14 days to return the Amaze which is pretty sweet looking, but is ****ing enormous. I can barely hold it in my hand and I'm 6'1 with fairly large hands.

Should I return the Amaze for the Lumia 710 or stick with what I got?

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Is there something that is turning you off from the Lumia? 2 years is a long time. I'm on a Galaxy Nexus, but will sell it soon as a new WP7 phone hits Verizon.

Also have you considered buying one of the 1st Gen WP7 phones on Craigslist? You'll be able to switch between the two phones and if you like WP7, just use that phone more.

Android_Al

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I guess just knowing that the 710 is inferior to the upcoming 800 and 900...the phone just didn't seem advanced enough despite its 4g speed.

i have 14 days to return the amaze. im not sure what to do.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Mobile World is about a month away. You could always wait to see what else T-Mobile is getting and make your decision then.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Mobile World is about a month away. You could always wait to see what else T-Mobile is getting and make your decision then.

While this is a great idea, he doesn't have till next month to figure it.

In any case the Amaze is a sweet phone. If T-mobile release the Windows Phone equivalent of the amaze, I'll make love to it so hard that it will void it's warranty.

In any case don't feel bad for jumping ship, the choice if always yours and if you want to come back we will welcome you with open arms.

Android_Al

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I still can't get over the size of the Amaze. It makes my arm weak to hold it in one hand for extended periods of time.

is there any scenario in which the lumia 710 would be better than the amaze?

Ohgeez10

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Former TMO rep here. I currently own an Amaze and Radar. I'm becoming more and more of a fan of WP7.

You are right about the weight and size of the phone. When I put them side by side, it doesn't look like they are that far apart but when holding/using the phones on a daily basis, you can feel it.

I'm waiting for Ice Cream Sandwich to come out for the Amaze before I sell it....or I might just keep both. All I know is that over the past few weeks, I haven't touch my Android phone much.

One of the reason I got the Amaze was because of the bigger screen, camera and video features. But as it turns out, I don't take as many pics and videos as I thought I would and surfing on the Radars smaller screen isn't that bad.

Good luck. Either phone is great......although I have to say.....once you go WP7, its hard to go back to Android.

Android_Al

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
GAH. i figured as much. but Tmo doesn't have any high-end WP7 devices out or coming out in the near future.

If I wanted to return my Amaze I just need to take out the SIM card and do a factory reset, right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750