HD7 vs Radar on Tmobile

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had a HD7 since February 2011. I just bought a new Radar in the box for 150.
1. My God its hard to type on the Radars small screen. I have small hands and I repeatedly hit the wrong letter.
2. No compass on Radar. I downloaded the HTC compass but when I tried to open the app it said not compatible with your phone. Not a deal breaker but when I started downloading some of my apps I got a warning app might not work properly because your phone doesn't support a compass.
3. 4G vs 3G. Where I'm at I test Xbox live, eBay, USA today, WP central and Market place. They were just about even. I would say I think my HD7 was faster just a bit. My HD7 had 3G and the Radar had 4G displayed during my test.
4. Screen brightness is a lot brighter on the Radar.

So my conclusion.........
Hands down HD7
the only advantage to the Radar for me was a brighter screen. Loosing app capability sucks so HD7 wins here. The downgrade in screen size and the trouble I had typing is what killed it for me. Oh one more positive for the Radar is the front facing camera. Since I never use it that doesn't matter to me.

This is all the more reason I hope tmobile releases a new WP7 with a BIG screen. Our only option on tmobile is a inferior downgrade.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
It's not really a downgrade considering that when people first got the HD7 they're still in contract. By the time the contracts are over there will be a phone to directly succeed the HD7. I do agree that the HD7 has something in it that's causing it to get the same speeds as some 4G devices. Its only supposed to be a category 7 device but yet I've seen speeds faster than 7.2mbps.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
1. My God its hard to type on the Radars small screen. I have small hands and I repeatedly hit the wrong letter.

Seriously?! I have the HD7 and my hands are large enough to use it one-handed with either hand. I tried out both the Radar and the Lumia 800, with a 0.1" smaller screen, and I typed a few lengthy sentences on both devices, in portrait mode with no errors at full speed, and I regularly make errors on my HD7. Not often, but it does happen. For the record, before I learned about WP I wanted an iPhone. At least until I tried typing on one.

Also you forgot battery life; HD7=worst WP battery life, Radar=best WP battery life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte