12-02-2012 01:10 PM
31 12
tools
    Just noticing people around me, it seems that there is a shift happening. Older folks are starting to move to smartphones and they all seem to go to the iPhone because of the ease of use. It's not a far stretch from their dumbphone and not many settings to fiddle with. The other movement I'm seeing is that more young folks are moving to WP8. Not in droves, but it's happening. The intuitive interface, focus on social media, and killer hardware like the Lumia 920 are driving this movement. Don't think more people are moving to WP8 devices? Just since 9/5/12, the Lumia 920 forum has flown past the number of threads and posts of the Lumia 900. That would seem to be at least a small indicator.

So.. we'll see. Just seems like the iPhone is becoming "your parents phone"... and that's not a bad thing for Apple. Microsoft and Nokia teamed up to create a fantastic OS and device that's going to start taking marketshare. Enjoy the "no Apps" argument while you can lol but watch as other more open-minded individuals opt for a phone and OS that gives them what they want.
    11-20-2012 07:27 PM
    Noting that MS did come out and say that the reason a notification center was not included in this launch is because they ran out of time, says that this OS was unfinished. BUT what OS is a complete product. Yes, WP8 still has some growing to do. It has taken a huge step from year one to year two but we can not expect it to be on par with IOS and android just yet. With that being said, by this time next year I completely expect it to be. No excuses. MS is too big a company with an incomparable amount of resources. I'm a expecting an update by February and another by June to fix these issues. Notification center= swipe from left to right. That's seems so obvious. Closing apps should be a simple tap and drag down just like in W8. As far as the major apps, what can MS do to make these developers make these apps for us? MS said they are getting the top 50 apps well that is too low a number to shoot for. Top 100 or 200 should be their goal. Like I said MS is too big not to have these developers in the fold by now. The whole instagram thing I don't get it but people want it. Facebook owns instagram and MS owns part of facebook so what's the deal?
    I read a lot of reviews about the 920 too then went to the store and actually felt it and it is big but not to the extent these people were going on about. I guess cause its not a thin piece of soft aluminum or thin sheet of plastic.
    Oh and 1220Ac it's I'm or I am, not "am"
    11-21-2012 06:31 PM
    Brilliant troll post, OP. Quite possibly the best I've seen this year!
    11-29-2012 05:08 PM
    iPhone is becoming "your parents phone"...
    The newest Apple advertising: "Hi, I'm Tom Bosley for Apple."
    11-29-2012 05:09 PM
    That's because there are no novelty features in iPhone 4S, so I'm not sure what exactly was it that wore off after 5 days. iOS is and has always been strictly about its incredible eco system. The OS alone offers nothing.
    A vibrant app store is not the same thing as an ecosystem. I have SharePoint and office integration in my windows phone, I have excellent, built in streaming music/radio, I have integrated OneNote. No, I cannot play a few games, but people, please stop confusing apps with ecosystem. They are different things.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-29-2012 05:20 PM
    Amateurish? You mean like rows of static icons with no function? Buggy? You mean like a new Maps app forced on users that puts the Golden Gate Bridge on the wrong side of San Francisco?
    12-02-2012 01:10 PM
31 12