Lumias and Windows Phone: So Amateurish and Buggy But Many Loving It Because of The Novelty?

1220Ac

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Be honest, let's bring it, current Nokia Lumia / WP 8 fanatics / disappointed (beta) testers! Or I should revive this thread next year so I could get a more definitive answer on people's take on this in the long run.

Full Disclosure: I love gadgets and am a huge fan of Nokia hardware during it's glory days of dumb phones. But I've abandoned them from the time I purchased my first iPhone. I've been testing all other smartphones in other platforms whenever I have the chance in the stores.

For the first time ever, for a change and something different (being an iLoyalist and still on AT&T with my unlock iPhone 5), am gonna buy within the next few days on full price (unlock) Nokia Lumia 920 and LG Nexus 4 (all on AT&T until my contract expires using a sim adapter etc).

After reading comprehensively this message board and all the reviews of WP, BB and Droid devices and OS, I have this feeling, am gonna in the end, go back and even appreciate more all the things I love in iOS and iPhone. But still, am gonna do this test and so I can finally see it for myself ... for the love of gadgets!

Am really excited since in my mind, a toy'sh looking yellow Lumia 920 will perfectly compliment a black iPhone 5. Having a hard time on finding the perfect Droid device for me since the Nexus 4 / Droid is very similar to iOS and even LG Nexus 4's form factor.

GreekboyD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
OK, I'll be honest. I've had my 3GS now for three years and I have ZERO interest in the iPhone 5 and its very stale OS.

WP8 and Android interest me A LOT more.

1220Ac

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying / testing all the Lumias and WP OS in the stores. And will own / fully test / use it in real world for the next 2 years, buddy (since now I can afford to have all of them at the same time) ... Just to be in the safe side - am keeping and will be using my favorite and so dependable / reliable iGadgets at the same time. :D

Last edited:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I had an iPhone 4s it only took 5 days for the novelty of that device to wear off me traded it for a Titan II best deal I ever made.I should hope that the OP of this thread would keep his opinion mute till he actually uses a Windows Phone.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I had an iPhone 4s it only took 5 days for the novelty of that device to wear off me traded it for a Titan II best deal I ever made.I should hope that the OP of this thread would keep his opinion mute till he actually uses a Windows Phone.
That's because there are no novelty features in iPhone 4S, so I'm not sure what exactly was it that wore off after 5 days. iOS is and has always been strictly about its incredible eco system. The OS alone offers nothing.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
That's because there are no novelty features in iPhone 4S, so I'm not sure what exactly was it that wore off after 5 days. iOS is and has always been strictly about its incredible eco system. The OS alone offers nothing.
That's not necessarily true. IO's offers app switching and a totally useless notification system...��

jdom

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Be honest, let's bring it, current Nokia Lumia / WP 8 fanatics / disappointed (beta) testers! Or I should revive this thread next year so I could get a more definitive answer on people's take on this in the long run.

Full Disclosure: I love gadgets and am a huge fan of Nokia hardware during it's glory days of dumb phones. But I've abandoned them from the time I purchased my first iPhone. I've been testing all other smartphones in other platforms whenever I have the chance in the stores.

For the first time ever, for a change and something different (being an iLoyalist and still on AT&T with my unlock iPhone 5), am gonna buy within the next few days on full price (unlock) Nokia Lumia 920 and LG Nexus 4 (all on AT&T until my contract expires using a sim adapter etc).

After reading comprehensively this message board and all the reviews of WP, BB and Droid devices and OS, I have this feeling, am gonna in the end, go back and even appreciate more all the things I love in iOS and iPhone. But still, am gonna do this test and so I can finally see it for myself ... for the love of gadgets!

Am really excited since in my mind, a toy'sh looking yellow Lumia 920 will perfectly compliment a black iPhone 5. Having a hard time on finding the perfect Droid device for me since the Nexus 4 / Droid is very similar to iOS and even LG Nexus 4's form factor.
sorry but to me the iPhone is one boring phone

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I left Android when the 900 came out. I have never owned and iPhone (I have 2 iPads). IMOP the Android OS is a hack job and most of the phones have super poor battery life. With IOS most people don't like the base OS if they did Jail Breaking would not be so popular.

With the 920 MSFT is so screwing up I just can not believe it. My 920 will be going back in 13 days and I'm going back to my 900 if they do not fix this huge cluster f$#@. What is that you might ask...there is no way with windows phone 8 to sync your purchased XBOX videos to your device and the software they have to replace the Zune app is a POS.

So I agree with the OP but only for WP8.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Totally useless notification system? And you use Windows Phone? You know what they say about a someone living in a glass house throwing stones at others :p
I need to know one thing when I look ay my device... Has my daughter who is away at college posted anything. How many steps on iPhone at least 4 counting turning on the phone. On WP all Windows Phones no matter the generation-1.

graigsmith

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
microsoft messed up. they shouldn't have released windows phone yet. it's too buggy. i am having so many unresolved issues i am going to take it back.

edit, i really like the phone though. i am going to take this back and bring my computer in with me. and if they can produce a lumia 920 that works with internet sharing, and that will let me sync my files then i'll take it. if not then i'm probably going to go back to my iphone 4 or maybe get an iphone 5

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
microsoft messed up. they shouldn't have released windows phone yet. it's too buggy. i am having so many unresolved issues i am going to take it back.edit, i really like the phone though. i am going to take this back and bring my computer in with me. and if they can produce a lumia 920 that works with internet sharing, and that will let me sync my files then i'll take it. if not then i'm probably going to go back to my iphone 4 or maybe get an iphone 5
I hope you get somebody who knows Windows Phone because you shouldn't be having issues like that. Use the predicted text on the Windows Phone keyboard then tell me you prefer IO's. No way iPhone keyboard beats Windows Phone 8 keyboard.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I need to know one thing when I look ay my device... Has my daughter who is away at college posted anything. How many steps on iPhone at least 4 counting turning on the phone. On WP all Windows Phones no matter the generation-1.
Yes, in theory that is how Windows Phone should work. But let's not pretend here, we all know how inconsistent the whole push notification and live tile system on WP is. Not to mention the lack of a notification centre altogether. WP might be good in a lot of things, but notifications? Not a chance, not currently at least.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Yes, in theory that is how Windows Phone should work. But let's not pretend here, we all know how inconsistent the whole push notification and live tile system on WP is. Not to mention the lack of a notification centre altogether. WP might be good in a lot of things, but notifications? Not a chance, not currently at least.
I disagree I don't have issue with push notifications. With my live tiles I have no use for a notification center. Its a different way of thinking that is for sure I don't expect everyone will get it.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah! IPhone 5 is so ANOREXICALLY thin & EMPTILY light, I love to hate it.
The problem with these trolls is that they GATECRASH on their rival's forum and start to impose their self-righteous, narrow-minded views on us.
They live such a pathetic & freakishly trivia life, I feel sad for them.
Like they say... Empty vessels make more noise :D

dermotf

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

Have you listened to your self? You are one sad individual, if you have nothing better to do but come here and spew trash like that. The title you used says it all. For God's sake people don't give this guy another second of your time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa