WP going back to the store....going to Android

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

I have a new rule, you must pay a $1 to post a "I'm leaving WP" whine story. Proceeds will be used to give the rest of us free WP8 devices.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
And I freely confess to hating Android. I have owned a number of them (G1, Galaxy S Vibrant, Evo 4G, Evo 3D, and GS 3)... Each promised that "this time, the problems are fixed." And each of them was a horrid mishmash of bad UI, lag, crashes, freezes, lousy battery life and random bugs, with the "next version of Android" promising to "fix everything" but either not doing so (or never being released for the device).

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
And I freely confess to hating Android. I have owned a number of them (G1, Galaxy S Vibrant, Evo 4G, Evo 3D, and GS 3)... Each promised that "this time, the problems are fixed." And each of them was a horrid mishmash of bad UI, lag, crashes, freezes, lousy battery life and random bugs, with the "next version of Android" promising to "fix everything" but either not doing so (or never being released for the device).

The only real lag free experience on android will be nexus devices. Sense and touch wiz destroy the experience imho.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The only real lag free experience on android will be nexus devices. Sense and touch wiz destroy the experience imho.

Try ICS on a Nexus S. LOTS of lag.

Try JB on a Galaxy Nexus (assuming you have one that the carrier will allow to be updated). Lots of lag.

Sorry, the promise of Android always eludes the reality. Whenever a "fixed" issue is encountered, it's blamed on the hardware, the carrier, or the user, with a promise of "if you buy X device, it will fix the problem."

Then the user buys that device, encounters the problem again, and gets the same line.

It's time to break the cycle! It's time for Windows Phone! :D

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
man. I find it weird. that people can't handle limitations. people need to get use to them some day. I can handle the limitations just fine

MathiasVerden

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I just bough Lumia 710(before 2 days). WP7.x phone. I synced it((music so far) with my MAC, upgraded OS software all with MAC connector. No issues.
Regarding navigation, even iphone didn't have anything inbuilt till iphone5. Yet you bough it and millions bought it. (I don't count google maps as turn by turn)

Apps, agree. Will take time to catch up.
Regarding voice commands, I have to say, voice recognition of my Lumia 710 works better than my iphone 4s with iOS 5. (I am from South-east Asia)
WP recognizes my words much better than siri. For me that is more important than other assistant functions, since those are useless if Siri can't recognize
my words.

My biggest complaint(based on WP7) so far, after 2 days is there is no easy way to transfer contacts from my iphone 4s sim to WP, nor from iphone phone memory.
I haven't yet been able to transfer contacts.

(Btw, Lumia 710 is supposed to be a gift for my dad, but am just checking it out for few days, so I can set it up for him and show him around the phone and OS).

People > Settings > Import SIM contacts. Works flawlessly for me, could be different for you.

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Try ICS on a Nexus S. LOTS of lag.

Try JB on a Galaxy Nexus (assuming you have one that the carrier will allow to be updated). Lots of lag.

Sorry, the promise of Android always eludes the reality. Whenever a "fixed" issue is encountered, it's blamed on the hardware, the carrier, or the user, with a promise of "if you buy X device, it will fix the problem."

Then the user buys that device, encounters the problem again, and gets the same line.

It's time to break the cycle! It's time for Windows Phone! :D

Jelly bean has lag on a nexus? I dunno about that I have a one x on a beta cm10 and its very fluid.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I had a Nexus S 4G - ran Gingerbread just fine. Then I installed Ice Cream Sandwich on the thing and it slowed down quite a bit. Gingerbread, not ICS, was made for that device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium