Nokia 920 Vs Note2

Bentstraight

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
So does anyone know the global sales of the Nokia 920? I've just read the Note2 has reached 5 million sales. Good grief, this is a niche product and has no business achieving such numbers. Absolutely amazing. I couldn't help but think if a Windows Phone 8 device doesn't sell better than the Note 2 then it's gonna be a devastating time for Windows Phone.

Last edited:

Timture

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Well I definitely see more people using a Note 2 than I do with a Nokia phone period. That's quite discouraging. What the heck is going on. I'm betting if this year is another failure, Nokia starts making a few Android phones.

glenada

Jan 7, 2004
Visit site
I was in my local Verizon store this afternoon, and I looked at the Note II. I was quite impressed. I could sell my iPad and my 920 and use just the Note.

bjbaylor

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
You'll be using those big paws to factory reset the Note II every six weeks or so when the lag reaches terminal levels...

That's not really true anymore. Android has made great strides in the past 6 months and the technology had finally caught up to truly allow the user to take full advantage of the OS with a faster multi-core processor and more ram.

I contemplated getting a note 2 for a while, but decided to go with Windows Phone after being with android for years. The phone is huge, but the form factor is great. You can be more productive on it than a phone, but have the convenience of a phone. But I needed a change and iOS bores the crap out of me so the Lumia 920 was where I landed and I am very happy!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So does anyone know the global sales of the Nokia 920? I've just read the Note2 has reached 5 million sales. Good grief, this is a niche product and has no business achieving such numbers. Absolutely amazing. I couldn't help but think if a Windows Phone 8 device doesn't sell better than the Note 2 then it's gonna be a devastating time for Windows Phone.

There's something you need to remember here:

The Galaxy Note 2 is on multiple carriers. Nokia has no multi-carrier device (though the 810/820/822 are all about the same), while the 8X will likely be skipped over by many on AT&T because it's overall an inferior device (in terms of available software, camera, storage, wireless charging, and--most importantly--PRICE). The best WP device around is limited to one carrier, basically.

Now, that only applies to America, but the 920's exclusive to one carrier in the UK as well. It's going to be tough to reach even 5 million sales for a device only offered on 1 carrier per country (isn't the 920 an exclusive to Rogers in Canada as well?). Basically, the 920 is likely to cannibalize sales from the 8X on its carriers, while even the 822 can do that to people on Verizon. With the Note, the only TRUE competition when it released was Samsung's own Galaxy S III. The One X just couldn't quite compete, and I'm sure there were some such as my sister who vowed to never buy another HTC device after their poor support of the Droid Incredible (one legitimate update in its lifetime?!).

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
To add to the above, the Note 2 is basically a big Galaxy S 3, one of if not the best selling phone worldwide. And it's running Android, an OS which is mature, and although not my first choice, is actually a good OS.

americasteam

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Why all the hate for the Note 2? It's a fantastic device. That's what I'm coming from. It runs extremely smooth, has awesome battery life, and great hardware. I'm just getting tired of Android, so WP8 is a refreshing change.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
You'll be using those big paws to factory reset the Note II every six weeks or so when the lag reaches terminal levels...
Why hello there. Welcome to 2012. It's a great year. And you know what? Android doesn't lag anymore. So that argument has gotten REALLY old. I suggest you find a new one. Kthxbye.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
That's not really true anymore. Android has made great strides in the past 6 months and the technology had finally caught up to truly allow the user to take full advantage of the OS with a faster multi-core processor and more ram.

That's what they told me when I bought my GS 3. And when I bought my Galaxy Vibrant. And when I bought a Samsung Behold II.

Wasn't true then, and I doubt it's true today.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'll be honest and say I somewhat wish I wouldn't have bought my 822 and would have waited for the Note 2. It is a big phone, but it's fairly smooth on jelly bean and it's more mature than WP is at this time.I am enjoying my WP for the most part though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo