What is the best phone you ever owned? Be honest..

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
For me, it is the 920. I got mine on launch day and have had no problems with mine. I understand that wp8 doesn't suit everyone, but for me l, it is perfect. There are no apps that I'm missing from other platforms, and the UI is exactly right for me.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had a Moto razor, Sam instinct, palm pre, HTC arrive iPhone 5 and this 8x.

There are things about 3 of the devices, separately that made them really good. Those are the palm pre, arrive, and this 8x.

I loved the multitasking in the pre. The OS was beautiful. I am really loving wp8 UI and features. That said, if the 8x had the multi tasking and notification center (for toast history) as the pre, the wifi-sync and music of the arrive (wp7.5), this would be my ultimate phone.

But since the ? Was which phone was the best that I have owned... Its a tie, maybe slight advantage to this 8x over the palm pre.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
It is a toss up between the blackberry 7105t and the Titan 2. The Titan 2 is better than the L920 only because I had no issues with the T2.

Yes I am replying to my own post ;p

I felt the 7105t was way head of its time. I had push email (yahoo plus) and I also had my own blackberry email. I also loved how blackberry synced with my outlook. Back then Google Sync was the best app ever. It was a sure proof way of never loosing your contacts. Google maps worked better than any other maps application by using triangulation.

Going forward, the 3gs was probably the next phone that blew anything I had before. I had that phone for about a 16 months. It probably provided the most value do to the ecosystem and also the support.

My favorite device of all time has to be the Titan 2 but it doesn't mean it is the best. Clearly the Lumia 920 is better in most ways. The Lumia 920 is the best device I have ever owned, yes it is more than light years ahead of the iphone 3gs, and the old Blackberry 7105t, but in terms of today I believe the Lumia 920 is probably a top 5 device behind the iPhone 5, Note 2, G3, and very close to the iphone 4s. You could probably put it at #3 or #4. Personally thou I do not like android at all and the worst device I have ever owned besides the Treo 600 (yes that was the worst) is the original mytouch. In the month and half I have owned my Nokia Lumia 920, I have this heat issue when playing games, then the phone becomes sluggish. I know I can only play 1 level of castlemine before the phone wants to blow up. The Titan 2 I had ZERO problems with it, ZERO. It is the only phone I have ever owned that I had no issues. Because of this, A HTC Phone might be my next device when I am due for an upgrade. I have thought about selling my Lumia 920 and going back to my T2 once 7.8 comes out.

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
My Samsung ATIV S hands down is my best till my 3 year's are up 😎

In 2015 64-bit phone's will be out! WP9 64-bit hybrid ARMv8/Intel 64.
-14nm chips
-4GB+ RAM
-64GB+ flash memory & 512GB+ SD
-4 to 8 Core SOC
-OpenGL 5.x & DirectX 12.x

No perp us to have a PC "PC RIP" 😢 2015.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Moto Razr Maxx. It ties or beats my 920 in all the categories. Battery is a beast. I can have WiFi on, Bluetooth on and playing music all day and email and phone calls all day and I would still have more battery than my 920 setting idle at the end of the day. Camera is just as good as 920. Actually prefer Razr camera due to glowing eyes on 920 pics.

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Still have a soft spot for my Nokia 282 flip. Was my first. :)

But gonna have to go with my current Lumia 900.

iPhone 4s was one of my least favorite, right down there with an old Audiovox POS. :)

rwcrossman

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I really miss my palm pre plus, webos was a great os but my Lumia 920 is quickly moving up the ranks. I knew after HP pulled the plug on webos that WP was the only home for me. I haven't regretted my decision yet.

ooklah

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've gotta give it to my Bold 9930, with an honorable mention to the LG Voyager.

But I find things to love about all of my phones and their corresponding OS... Which makes it so damned frustrating deciding which one to use at a given time.

*sigh*
/first world problems

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Skeet1981

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Nokia 6210. Thing lasted forever. Still going now, keep it in the glove box for emergencies. Still holds its charge for about a month if off.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
For me, my phone is also a camera, so that tends to skew everything. For its UI smoothness and camera, it's the iPhone 4S. And a close second, for its industrial design and camera, the Nokia Lumia 800 (if only that screen wasn't wasn't PenTile). The trend to bigger and bigger phones is leaving me with a problem. I might have to accept a crappy camera and end up with an 8S at this rate! I think my perfect phone would be a Lumia 800 body with a lumia 920's brains, a non-PenTile screen and winphone 8 :)

You need to look at the L620...

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 current faves and one future fave. I loved my Samsung Link qwerty phone. That thing took so much abuse that I'm not even a bit worried about durability with my current fave: the Ativ S I'm typing on right now. Only thing that keeps it from staying my fave is that I fell in love with the L920 first and had to "settle"for the Ativ when my HD7 stopped taking a charge and I couldn't afford to buy the 920 outright. (damn exclusivity) The Ativ is fantastic. Just not my first choice.

Mr37

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I love music and NOTHING come close to the music quality that my old N91 could pumped out through headphones. "The Nokia N91 uses a special DSP-33 chip set made by Toshiba and a powerful in-built Harman Kardon amplifier to boost up its volume while maintaining acoustics". I miss that phone.

dbam987

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Best smart phone I've used is a tie between the 8X and the Droid RAZR. Both have good qualities, and have great online services to back them up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss