What is the best phone you ever owned? Be honest..

ut_jd

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Best OS - webOS on my Palm Pre
Best Construction - Blackberry Bold 9930

Currently (and loving it) - HTC 8x

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
It would be hard to choose an absolute favorite but this is a list of the ones I really liked.

Motorola MPx220
Cingular (HTC) 8125
Palm Tungsten W
BB 8310 Curve (red)
iPhone 4
Samsung GS2 Skyrocket
HTC Titan 2
HTC 8x

Last edited:

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Believe it or not, I still have fond memories of my Palm Centro. Perfect shape, good os (for the day), durable. Of course, now it's the 822.

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Actually, it was the Samsung Alias 2. Magic E-ink changing depending on direction was awesome. Great size, great functionality but still an actual phone.

822 will likely beat it but have to have it for a while for me to think its the best ever.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I've owned several smartphones and I like the Lumia 920 the best

Hitachi G1000
HTC Mogul
Samsung Moment
HTC EVO
BlackBerry Bold
HTC Titan
Lumia 900
Lumia 920

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Each new generation is probably my best phone. It's hard to compare a phone you buy today to a phone you bought 10 years ago.

I can tell you what was the worse phone I owned. It was an AT&T Siemens phone, back in like 1997 or 1998. Back then the signal was an analog signal, not digital, SIM cards weren't out yet, and you got crazy roaming charges all the time. The only time my Siemens phone would ring is when I missed a call and that was every call unless I was standing under an AT&T cell tower. I suffered with that thing for 2 years.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
All my Blackberries have proven the most reliable and robust phones I've ever owned - even my 1st Gen BB Storm. As much as I love the more advanced devices, especially my 920, nothing really touches the BB in terms of actual phone use and messaging. If I weren't so tied to WP for other reasons, I'd be counting down to BB10.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
You must be joking. Storm I was the biggest piece of garbage BB ever made. Ever. I've always been a BB fan, but no fan can ever defend that phone.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Oh, and my favorite was a Sanyo ruggedized dumb phone. Indestructable flip phone. I used to snap it shut really hard to listen to the quality of the build.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
From a call quality, reception, and battery life point of view, it was my TDMA Nokia 5165 and my GSM Nokia 6230. They were totally indestructible and the battery lasted an easy 5 days.

Other than that any phone that I own at that point in time, is the best one I ever had, so I would say the Lumia 820, closely followed by the 900

Infamy_dd

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My Palm Pre. The OS was the best, and the shape and size were perfect. Like every review at the time said, it just felt great in your hand with its curved shape. The notifications were great, and somehow being able to just slide it open to answer a call was faster and easier. More graceful somehow. That falls under "tiny conveniences that make life better" for sure. So did being able to look into the top of my purse in a meeting, and confirm from the slider at the top that it was muted. There's a lot to be said for hardware over software for things like that.

I've had three phones since, and it still sits on its charger on my desk at home, telling me the time and checking my e-mail over WiFi.

Yes - I sit in front of a powerful desktop computer, and use the buzz of my Pre to tell me when I have new mail. And its notification system was so great, that a quick glance over at it continues to be the best way to know if I want to interrupt what I'm doing to read said e-mail.

My 8x is my first Windows phone, and it comes CLOSE to working with me as well as the Pre did, but it's not there yet.

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't have my L920 yet, but so far, my best phone would have to be the Nexus One. Man, I loved that thing. It was the perfect size (at the time), and lived the feel in my hand.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
The one I am currently using. And the next one will probably be the new "best".
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

ut_jd

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My Palm Pre. The OS was the best, and the shape and size were perfect. Like every review at the time said, it just felt great in your hand with its curved shape. The notifications were great, and somehow being able to just slide it open to answer a call was faster and easier. More graceful somehow. That falls under "tiny conveniences that make life better" for sure. So did being able to look into the top of my purse in a meeting, and confirm from the slider at the top that it was muted. There's a lot to be said for hardware over software for things like that.

I've had three phones since, and it still sits on its charger on my desk at home, telling me the time and checking my e-mail over WiFi.

Yes - I sit in front of a powerful desktop computer, and use the buzz of my Pre to tell me when I have new mail. And its notification system was so great, that a quick glance over at it continues to be the best way to know if I want to interrupt what I'm doing to read said e-mail.

My 8x is my first Windows phone, and it comes CLOSE to working with me as well as the Pre did, but it's not there yet.

My sentiments exactly!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077