What is the best phone you ever owned? Be honest..

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
In recent history, I've went from a Blackberry Curve, to an iPhone 3G, to 3GS, to iPhone 4, to Samsung GSII, to L920, to, currently, a L1520. I'd have to say the best experience I've had during an upgrade was when I went to the iPhone 3G. It was just leaps and bounds better than my Curve. Overall, though, I'd have to say the best (and my favorite) phone to date, would have to be my L1520.

DreDay74

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
My best & favorite is still the phone I use everyday. Nokia 808, it does everything I need. I love the option to use hdmi out when I dont have wi-fi available for dlna. Memory card slot, I use a 64gb with no issues. Fm radio & transmitter. Love not having to buy cds & I can play music thru the car stereo anytime. Camera, yea its ok(insert sarcasm) Best Ive ever seen. I can get by with a bad browser thanks to opera & UC. Not big on having apps, have plenty of games that run smoothly. Im not holding my breath on another phone with all those features & a camera too, so its 808 everyday til the 8s fall off & its 0 left of it & Im happy with it.

Tightman69

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
It's kinda sad, but the best phone I ever owned was my old nokia n95, I was just happy with that phone, not single thing that annoyed me when I think back.

Last edited:

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Best non-smartphones I ever owned were the Motorola StarTac and the Motorola e815. The StarTac survived being washed in a washing machine and was like a tank. The e815 was the first phone I used to to text and MMS and had a color screen. I still have my e815 in a drawer. No idea where the StarTac went...

SlideWRX

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
The two worst phones I had were both samsung, pre-android. I firmly believe that android saved samsung phones from the absolute bottom of the barrel. On my samsung flip phone, the software used for texting was on the server side, so you had to wait for it to connect, get delayed while typing while it thought about something, and finally send. Kept me away from texting for YEARS. On my samsung Instinct (you know, one of those original iphone killers LOL), they couldn't get the simplest program like the calculator to work right. Forget about a usable web browser.

My Sanyo Katana flip phone was great; durable, and you could configure every little setting available.
iPhone 4 was great until iOS 7 slowed the interface down so much.
Nokia 1020 is great, just needs some software updates to make me happy.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
The Nokia Lumia 1520 is the best phone i ever owned in terms of hardware. The OS needs a lot of improvements, it is really behind Android and iOS in features.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
In that order.
1. HTC One (In use)
2. HTC One max (In use)
3. HTC OneX+ (sold)
4. HTC One mini (collection)
5. iPhone 4 (sold)
6. HTC 8X (daughter)
7. Samsung Ativ-S (@home use)
8. HTC 8S (guest mobile)
9. iPhone 3G (sold)
10. Nokia Lumia 900 (sold)
11. Nokia Lumia 920 (sold)
12. Nokia Lumia 800 (sold)
13. iPhone 4S (two units fully refunded by Swisscom, battery life was 5 hours in Edge screen off @ my office)
That is my list. Nokia is clearly the worst brand I have had. HTC and Apple the better ones. Samsung is OK. Apple simply fitted a too weak battery in all iPhone 4S, they worked fine otherwise.

zlx

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
regular cell phone: Motorola F3, thin, light, battery lasts forever, no camera. I loved it, it was soooo reduced :)

Smartphone: Nokia Lumia 1020. I think Windows Phone is the most sophisticated operating system so far, and the Lumia 1020 is just brilliant.

Honest!

samy_a

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Regular phone: Sony Ericsson T290.

I've only had a number of BlackBerry phones (not BB10) and the Lumia 920 as smartphones.
Lumia 920 is the best :)

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
A Sony Ericsson 8X it was my first smartphone and my first love.

Added: The 920 was good device however it goes below the Sony Ericsson x8.

My current new favorite is the SONY XPERIA Z1 I love it!

quotethepigeon

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
My favourite phone ever was the Sony Ericsson W810i .... In my opinion it was the complete package. Solid build , full of features and looked awesome. God i miss that phone lol

Tichshew

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
This is going to sound weird, but the LG Chocolate 3. It was the first (and only really) flip-Chocolate phone. It was insanely music-centric (had a built in FM transmitter) and offered a pretty cool design. As far as smartphones go, the HTC One X by far has been my favorite phone when it comes to in-hand feel at least. HTC's Sense UI was still a little rough, but the phone was smooth, fit perfect in the hand and just looked sharp. But my NL 900, 920 and now 1520 have all been beautiful machines.

vaultsurvivor

May 6, 2013
Visit site
My "best" phone is my 920, love it! Build quality etc... I wont cliche too much lol!

My two most missed phones are: the Nokia 3220 - that phone had lights on the side!! Such a gimmick, but it was a wicked phone, and it had a repeat function on the lights, so i could leave it on silent on my desk and it would flash (notification lights?!) if a message came through. And they were bright lights lol!

And the o2 x2. Made by o2 uk, it was a flip phone with a clock on the front... Looked sleek at the time, im sure it was worse than i remember lol.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
The 925. It's awesome. Great camera, fast, nice screen, kinda big though.
Previous Sony Ericsson Arc S was awesome too, until it got slow and laggy for no reason.
I also really liked SE G502 (got it for 1€ on 2yr contract). It was awesome. Small, battery was decent, had a fair camera (in good light), memory card slot, good resolution, games, HSDPA, broswer, email...
Nokia 1112 was awesome as well, and so was 3100.
Nokia 6111 was total crap, and so was Sony CMD-C1

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wow its a bit hard for me.

I want to say its a tie between the Nokia Lumia 920 and the Palm Pre 2.
The Pre 2 had its flaws but it still was great. webOS and the Pre itself sometimes felt like a beta product, but it was beautifully designed and friendly to hackers. I loved the keyboard, the slider action, the nifty mirror, how it curved and the gesture area and the companion light was really nice. App selection was pretty darn bad compared to WP though.

The Lumia 920's much more solid build and curved glass look and feel great. Windows Phone is as responsive and fluid as I wished webOS was. I still miss some work flow fluidity, but I feel it still fits me best. The feature set of the 920 is impressive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro