Screens and GPUs...

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Part 1: S-LCD vs AMOLOEDS.

So the 8S has S-LCD and Lumia had AMOLED...
As the popular belief goes, AMOLEDs have a high contrast rate and when LCDs are seen after looking at them, LCD looks flushed out.
What are your opinions? Are actually AMOLEDs high-contrast and show pictures differently than they are? Like is a red the actual red or is it slightly maroonish?

Part 2: Adreno 305 vs Adreno 225.

Android has taught me a thing or two. One of them is:
My RaZr houses a PowerVR and a friend's Xperia S has Adreno something.

My phone in gaming is soooo smooth, its not funny. And my friends lags and stutters ( though he is a gamer and I am jot..heheh)
But what have been your experiences with GPUs so far?

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Which Razr do you have? There are a few that uses a PowerVR according to GSMarena. Looks like all those have lower resolutions screens. Those have a 540 x 960 screen. Makes the biggest difference when talking about gaming performance. So your Buddy has a HD screen and you do not. That is why his is lacking in the gaming performance.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Which Razr do you have? There are a few that uses a PowerVR according to GSMarena. Looks like all those have lower resolutions screens. Those have a 540 x 960 screen. Makes the biggest difference when talking about gaming performance. So your Buddy has a HD screen and you do not. That is why his is lacking in the gaming performance.

I have the original RaZr. My resolution is what you said - 960x540.
And yes, my friend's phone has a higher PPI than me. I always thought it was because of the Adreno GPU that it stuttered. But, if his PPI is higher and still lags that means his resolution isn't in tandem with his GPU correct?

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the more resolution the more GPU power you need. Look what apple had to do when they went from the old ipad to the retina display. They had to double their GPU power to do that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon