NOKIA Lumia 920 vs SAMSUNG Ativ S - Which one would you choose?

androidnav

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a HTC Titan, Im waiting for the 7.8 update. But Im tempted, between the Nokia Lumia 920 & the Samsung Ativ S. Don't like the HTC 8X because screen too small for me, Lumia seems too bulky but great Nokia apps and Nokia support, but Samsung is lighter and great screen. Any opinions?

Katsyone

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Just my opinion, but Ativ S screen isn't that great compared to 8X/920. Since it's PenTile and with that size of 4.8 inch it's even less sharp.

On the other hand you can expand memory up to 64GB via Micro SD on Ativ S.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Depends on what you need to do with your phone. If you're a nav geek, get the Lumia 920. If wireless charging is your thing, get the 920. If you need the best camera, get a 920.

If not, get the Ativ. I had three Samsung WP7 phones and they were all fantastic. Great build quality, and they were NEVER buggy. In fact, if AT&T had the Ativ, I would've bought that instead of the 920.

PhilS_UK

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
920....came from Galaxy S2...Ativ would be like going back to it. Looks like an S2 with a Windows OS flashed over it to me!

920 HW is gorgeous!

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
He probably meant the call quality and speakers on Ativ S are bad. I haven't seen any other OEM that can beat Nokia in call quality and signal reception.

androidnav

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I am tempted towards the 920. But the bulky build and smaller screen keeps me held back. I guess the htc 8x is out of the question, right?

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I have had 920 since launch. Knowing what I do now, I would have never bought it. I don't know much about Ativ S, but I would get one today if I could. 920 has had a lot of problems. Some OS, but mostly Nokia software and hardware faults. Bad design, assembly or components, I don't know. But, I'm on #2 and I know some went through 3 or 4 before they got one that worked. Samsungs are made of plastic but they didn't become the #1 volume phone maker by accident. I am stuck with my 920 until AtivS comes to States or Surface Phone is released. I couldn't recommend 920 to anybody with a straight face. But on the other hand, I have no Ativ S to compare. 920 may be better of the two for all I know. But next flagship phone to market with good customer reviews gets my money. As long as its not a Nokia. Do yourself a favor, hold off until real people start reviewing phone and you get the full picture and not a lot of hype.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have had 920 since launch. Knowing what I do now, I would have never bought it. I don't know much about Ativ S, but I would get one today if I could. 920 has had a lot of problems. Some OS, but mostly Nokia software and hardware faults. Bad design, assembly or components, I don't know. But, I'm on #2 and I know some went through 3 or 4 before they got one that worked. Samsungs are made of plastic but they didn't become the #1 volume phone maker by accident. I am stuck with my 920 until AtivS comes to States or Surface Phone is released. I couldn't recommend 920 to anybody with a straight face. But on the other hand, I have no Ativ S to compare. 920 may be better of the two for all I know. But next flagship phone to market with good customer reviews gets my money. As long as its not a Nokia. Do yourself a favor, hold off until real people start reviewing phone and you get the full picture and not a lot of hype.

no matter the problems, Nokia has done more to make sure the people with the problems get well taken care of. Nokia's product support is second to none, I wouldn't buy any other windows phone anymore based on that alone.

Polytropos

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I decide to make a favor to all of you that believe that Lumia 920 is the best W8 phone out there..... Before 10 days i have bought my new Lumia 920 and i was very very very happy for my move. the first two days i couldn?t let it on the table as i was adding applications testing the back up the speed ( the first phone i have that was faster on 3G from wireless!!! ) , photos, smoothness of moving . etc. Then suddenly as i take the phone from my bag i see that was asking for the pin number , then i realize that it has restarted (?).... I have input my pin and all OK , i consider this a random event ... after two hours the phone shuts down and i was not able to boot it up from power button (??) .. after that incident I have search on internet to find a solution . I easily found that there is a key combination to power on the device from an abnormal shut down , just press the volume down and power button for 12 sec, BUT .......WHAT a disappointment.... dozens of forums with people that have exactly the same issue with me ... The most important is that NO valid solution exists .. all of them advising various methods to try ( i assure you i have try everything ) but no results at all . The only solution that user have is to replace the device.... You don?t believe me ??? then JUST go to google and search : "lumia 920 reboot problem" or "lumia 920 reboot issue"
It was the best phone that i have ever had , but this last so little time... I have read for people that have replace the device 1,2 or even three times in order to get one stable .. So i decide , Since i was definitely going for Windows 8 phone , to order Samsung ativ s ... it has not LTE but .. what can i do
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte