Camera comparision between Lumia 920 and iPhone 5

sanders2232

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Someone said lets be honest most shots are during the day outside but I disagree. I work all day and 85% of my shots are indoors in low light so 920 really is the camera for me. I mostly take pictures of my family(kids) and the 920 does fantastic job in these conditions.

JW888

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Why we have to compare with Iphone5. Iphone5 is a good phone, but not the best phone on the smart phone market.......Camera is not as smart as Lumia 920.

Fitu Pham

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I totally agree that close-ups by L920 are great. And so are low light pictures.
I only checked few pages in the sticky “Pictures/videos taken with my L920” and almost all the pictures I saw were close-ups or low light. People just don’t have great daylight outdoor pictures with sharp images of objects with defined lines. Ocean waves and clouds may be pretty, but do not make good subjects for sharpness.

Your close-up pictures are excellent, other than the food which I do not feel like it :). However, I find the pictures with the balloons terrible. Sorry if I sound too harsh, but I can’t find anything sharp and clear in this picture: the leafs, the little gazebo to the right, the balloons and cables are all bleeding color and are blurry. Only the top-centre balloon looks good. I just don’t get why you would post this picture, it does not support your position…

OMG, I just chose the wrong photo, I just edited the thread. The last picture should be blur because I took it with my shaky hands, sorry for that. As I mentioned, the outdoor photo will not be as sharp as i5 but it's still consider a nice quality photo, not that bad as most people try to put on it.
At you questioned that the leaves are so blur, yes they are, because the camera focused on the nearest balloon so most of the stuffs at the back were out of focus and it became blurry.
Thanks for comment ^^

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Close ups will always look better than landscape shots in terms of quality...

Mannnn, I can't wait to get my hands on an 808. Hopefully the hardware is good enough to last until I get one off craigslist, a year or so from now ;-)

Ebay is your best bet..

The 808 is a premium built.. even the internals are very well protected, every chip on the main board has a heat shield on it...it never gets hot, which is also good for the battery. So.. it will be fine even if you buy one in 2-3 years time.

Nokia 808 Pureview Disassembly & Assembly - YouTube

vFElQ.jpg

Saint Michael

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Which is why I got my Lumia 920 first, then got a 808 after, Symbian is a pain. But for real, this is the best Phone. Amazing call quality, amazing sounds(both speaker and headphones), and amazing build quality topped off with the game changing camera that transcends every p&s and starts rivaling dslrs. But it ain't a smartphone, Symbian is horrible for social networking and web browsing. Thankfully my wp8 does those things very well :)

arni99

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Which is why I got my Lumia 920 first, then got a 808 after, Symbian is a pain. But for real, this is the best Phone. Amazing call quality, amazing sounds(both speaker and headphones), and amazing build quality topped off with the game changing camera that transcends every p&s and starts rivaling dslrs. But it ain't a smartphone, Symbian is horrible for social networking and web browsing. Thankfully my wp8 does those things very well :)

I sold my 920 and use my iPhone 5 for everything except concert taping and situations where brilliant photos are needed. This is where my Nokia 808 kicks in. Yes, as you said, browsing and social networking on the 808 is pain in the ... :)!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
It sucks for facebook, but for twitter ... Gravity works very well. On web browser, the only way to make it work nicely is to turn off flash and java ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kR7CSAIHtw

As a smartphone.. I prefer over my iPhone 5.. it just depends on what is important for you, and your specific usage.

multitasking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZmj81MG_x0

general use
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIbUtmzOOPg

Considering that the 808 is running on an ancient ARM11 cpu ... pretty impressive performance.

sanders2232

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I will enjoy my 920 for now cause you know in 1 year there will be a new model. I'm expecting some more camera updates too....but if I could get 808 running windows 8 I would take it!

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday night I took some videos in the darkness. To my surprise. In photo mode the image enhancer worked quite well but while taking videos it didn't work. It doesn't even switch flash light. How can I enable flash and Image Enhancer while taking night time videos in the darkness?

Saint Michael

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
We can't control the camera settings for frame rates in video mode, so I would assume ita because its shooting video at 30fps. This image Enhancement you referring to is not Magic (although it sometimes looks like it.), its keeps the shutter open longer to take inn more light, therefore illuminating the scene. If your shooting at 30fps. Obviously there are much shorter shutter speeds involved, thus unable to make magic happen. In my understanding, this seems to be true, but I don't know if this is infact the case....

Also the LED can easily be turned on and off from the main viewfinder menus. At the same placement as the flash in still photo mode.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
We can't control the camera settings for frame rates in video mode, so I would assume ita because its shooting video at 30fps. This image Enhancement you referring to is not Magic (although it sometimes looks like it.), its keeps the shutter open longer to take inn more light, therefore illuminating the scene. If your shooting at 30fps. Obviously there are much shorter shutter speeds involved, thus unable to make magic happen. In my understanding, this seems to be true, but I don't know if this is infact the case....

Also the LED can easily be turned on and off from the main viewfinder menus. At the same placement as the flash in still photo mode.

Is this LED different from flash?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa