Camera comparision between Lumia 920 and iPhone 5

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
It is stated that with recent firmware upgrade Lumia 920 takes decent snaps in normal light condition. Now my question is, in comparision to iPhone 5 how good are daylight pics? I know that in low light it always outperformed iPhone 5

ton_pkt

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the iPhone5 and also awaiting to see the comparison ^ ^.

But for me, it's do improved and it's great.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the iPhone5 and also awaiting to see the comparison ^ ^.

But for me, it's do improved and it's great.

I've read numerous threads about the improvement. So says there is a significant improvement, some says its exagguration. But there is no real comparision with iPhone 5S and Galaxy S3

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
But doesn't the comparison of these three phones go well beyond the camera? Without using the iPhone 5 or S3, I'll go out on a limb to say both have good cameras. I know the 920 has a good camera.

Would someone opt for an OS that was marginal simply because the camera is better. I just don't see many saying, "The OS sucks but the camera rocks!"

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was put to shame yesterday by an S3. The picture (same picture) looked SOOOO much more brighter and cleaner on his phone than my 920. Everyone else around agreed.

I was most embarrassed :(

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Fluorescent lighting is definitely a problem for the 920. It almost feels like the sun is shining down on the camera lens, thus causing a "glare" effect. I noticed that my sister's Iphone 5 doesn't exaggerate that lighting nearly as much. This is a picture of me at the mall. What you see above is only meant to be the sunlight coming through a large window. Mind you, it wasn't even bright that day. Pre-Portico btw.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=16A7267A2C5ABC5E!160&authkey=!AOhn6FNrEQ3vgdI

However, in terms of "real" colors, meaning how the picture color/quality wise looks compared to the real thing, I will say the 920 does a better job. You can only really tell if you're there in person to see the difference.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
They all beat the 920 in real life situations. About the only thing Nokia has going for it is low light. How often do you use your camera at night? I'm still waiting for update to get Nokia camera software off my phone so I can use during the other 90% of the time I use my camera, indoor and daytime photos. Camera was all hype to sell phones. Its no better than others and worse than some in real world situations.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
They all beat the 920 in real life situations. About the only thing Nokia has going for it is low light. How often do you use your camera at night? I'm still waiting for update to get Nokia camera software off my phone so I can use during the other 90% of the time I use my camera, indoor and daytime photos. Camera was all hype to sell phones. Its no better than others and worse than some in real world situations.

I'll be working a lot in low light tbh. Especially as I'm starting a new course soon so will be back at uni and will want a few nights out. Have you been to Bradford? The photos on my titan are dark on it. And on the Torch they were near enough unusable.

pdskep

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I was put to shame yesterday by an S3. The picture (same picture) looked SOOOO much more brighter and cleaner on his phone than my 920. Everyone else around agreed.

Apparentlythe 920 doesn't render the picture as well on the camera. You need to compare the pics on a computer.

JonesCK1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Apparentlythe 920 doesn't render the picture as well on the camera. You need to compare the pics on a computer.

Next time he should try sending a skydrive link to open both photos on the same phone (texting compresses the **** out of pics) then they can compare using the same device since I too believe the image is not displayed as sharp as it really is, and unless you view it on the PC, it could be deceiving.

wangvnn

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

try to use auto fix in edit options, quick and you will get brighter picture.

Aniruddh Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

Low light + the video recording along with the audio!

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an iPhone 5 to compare it with, but here are some of the horrible, terrible, awful, ugly, blurry daytime pics I took with my 920 BEFORE the software update:

fRVYK.jpg
N4XaY.jpg
OoDhi.jpg
VrEa5.jpg
nX5DX.jpg

Sorry to subject you guys to these awful daytime pictures from my 920. I know they are so bad I should probably have tagged them as NWS.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

You're not too swift, are ya?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an iPhone 5 to compare it with, but here are some of the horrible, terrible, awful, ugly, blurry daytime pics I took with my 920 BEFORE the software update:

View attachment 26334
View attachment 26335
View attachment 26336
View attachment 26337
View attachment 26339

Sorry to subject you guys to these awful daytime pictures from my 920. I know they are so bad I should probably have tagged them as NWS.

OMG! MY boss was passing behind me when I was looking at these pictures!! Come on man. Really, heads up next time.

Horrible pictures!

Aniruddh Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 26334
View attachment 26335
View attachment 26336
View attachment 26337
View attachment 26339

Pardon my ignorance, but you're being sarcastic right...coz i really liked these pics!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster