Why Windows Phone 8 is the best!

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I stated earlier how much I love WP8 experience. But it does leave much to be desired. There are all these new apps and gadgets coming out for IOS and Android. It makes you want to leave and go back not for the OS but for the apps and extras that come with being a part if the big two. I want one of those smart watches so bad but I don't know if its compatible with WP8. Its like you take one step forward and two back with WP.
when you factor in the chances of limited or severely delayed support with android phones vs the guaranteed 18 months or so support from microsoft and many people liking the methodology of apples products, these are two pros for Windows phone 8

RJ G

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Quoting FItu Pham

"I am using WP8, but I dont think it' the best. It is a matching OS for most life styles, you will find it easy and customized for your every day use. But some important features are missing, for example, Video and VOIP Call, you can only do Skype Video Call, other than that there is no (Tango, Wechat, Line, Viber, etc); you can't send and upload the existing videos in photo gallery to facebook, to youtube, to socialcam.
But I do believe that in the near future, WP8 will be outshined iOS and Android if the supports are good both from Microsoft Team and App Developers."

Agree 100%... Lacking an app like bobsled (i live outside USA and need to contact my family) , and a feature like facetime is a big deal to me. It felt great having facetime on my phone last week when i was able to help one of my friends fix his computer. Yes i know WP has skype, but non of my tech savy family or friends are that interested. Facetime just works with their phone number.

I really like Nokia's hardware design in their phones, love two or three features of WP8... But at the end of the day i need a device that gets things done and has that extra, and for now that is an Idevice.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Quoting FItu Pham

"I am using WP8, but I dont think it' the best. It is a matching OS for most life styles, you will find it easy and customized for your every day use. But some important features are missing, for example, Video and VOIP Call, you can only do Skype Video Call, other than that there is no (Tango, Wechat, Line, Viber, etc); you can't send and upload the existing videos in photo gallery to facebook, to youtube, to socialcam.
But I do believe that in the near future, WP8 will be outshined iOS and Android if the supports are good both from Microsoft Team and App Developers."

Agree 100%... Lacking an app like bobsled (i live outside USA and need to contact my family) , and a feature like facetime is a big deal to me. It felt great having facetime on my phone last week when i was able to help one of my friends fix his computer. Yes i know WP has skype, but non of my tech savy family or friends are that interested. Facetime just works with their phone number.

I really like Nokia's hardware design in their phones, love two or three features of WP8... But at the end of the day i need a device that gets things done and has that extra, and for now that is an Idevice.

but thats not really microsoft's fault for lacking facetime since that is an APPLE product solely.

RJ G

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
but isn't that essentially what Skype is For Microsoft?

It should be, but last i heard there were too many problems with skype and wp8 (battery), correct me if im wrong but isnt skype in wp8 still in beta? ... But i do agree that skype at one point should be as practical as facetime is to the iphone. Like i said, i have family members that dont install apps, facetime is neatly integrated to the OS without having to do much, its great that wp users will have skype, but a big shame that freaking carlos slim dosent allow 3g video calling with it here in mexico.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It should be, but last i heard there were too many problems with skype and wp8 (battery), correct me if im wrong but isnt skype in wp8 still in beta? ... But i do agree that skype at one point should be as practical as facetime is to the iphone. Like i said, i have family members that dont install apps, facetime is neatly integrated to the OS without having to do much, its great that wp users will have skype, but a big shame that freaking carlos slim dosent allow 3g video calling with it here in mexico.
From my understanding it is beta. The experience with Skype seems to vary on the forums. Some people say they have a pleasant experience and some state it has been awful for them.

I tried it on my 810 and it was perfectly fine. I have yet to try it on my 8x

RJ G

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes, i know what you mean. Skype should be to wp8 what facetime is to ios, but its not yet, thats is the problem. I read somewhere in this forum that people where uninstalling skype for a better battery life, that is just unacceptable. But yea, skype and wp8 will get there.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
What would help with the Skype integration, and the platform as a whole, is next gen hardware (more power) and bigger/better batteries. I feel like it will be a very similar story to Android, where the hardware development outpaced the software optimization.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo