BB10 Z10 Vs. Lumia 920

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
have you ever hold the phone in your hand? far better than nokia

Yes I have actually. Got to try one at the o2 store in Manchester. Not a bad phone, but I prefer the Nokia tbh. Will definitely consider it as a secondary phone though. Don't want iPhone and aren't overly keen on Android as I already have a HTC Android tablet

njblackberry

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
It is a GOOD phone but not a great phone. Lasted a whole 6 days with it.
Minimal apps. Buggy OS. 1.0 device.
Fonts can't be changed.
Lock screen can't be changed (and the font is tiny).
Can't get from one message to another in The Hub without extra swipes.
It is a nice piece of hardware, but definitely a 1.0 product.

And they were 18 months late to Get It Right and they didn't.

And they royally pissed off all of their loyal customers by not having a USB sync to Outlook.

For a device and OS that was going to change the world, it's just another phone. Without apps.

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
It is a GOOD phone but not a great phone. Lasted a whole 6 days with it.
Minimal apps. Buggy OS. 1.0 device.
Fonts can't be changed.
Lock screen can't be changed (and the font is tiny).
Can't get from one message to another in The Hub without extra swipes.
It is a nice piece of hardware, but definitely a 1.0 product.

And they were 18 months late to Get It Right and they didn't.

And they royally pissed off all of their loyal customers by not having a USB sync to Outlook.

For a device and OS that was going to change the world, it's just another phone. Without apps.

My experience was the polar opposite of the above. It's sophisticated, released with fewer bugs than the 920, and most androids, the OS is very advanced, and I had an easy time navigating the hub just as fast if not faster than having to leave my current open app and THEN have to launch different messaging options. Basically all I got out of this was that you don't like the font. Pocketnow's review was pretty reasonable, much more so than the above.

Last edited:

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I was pumped when BB said they were coming out with a phone running QNX. I have a playbook and have been very pleased with it. So I think BB10 is going to be just fine in competition with current platforms. WP I am discovering is an awesome platform as well. I am finding that the phone is very stable, fluid, and a great business devise, which marketing is sorely inadequate at pointing out. They will both suffer from " no apps" drum beat. My wife complains every time there is a Martha Stewart commercial and at the end it says " down load your app at itunes". So I think that will always get feed back. I have asked several people at what point is their not an app problem, a certain number of apps, or certain apps? Its usually certain apps then the problem is individuals want different apps. So there is no Measurement for that. I want a phone that is set up to get it on out of the box and apps are adjunctive. Rich UI, simple to use, fluid, and stable. I think BB and WP are on par.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've read that forum. Seems like that is the nature of the beast. Anybody that is having problems posts in forums. I've been having battery issues with my 920 so I'm hitting the forums. My wife's 920 lasts forever so she doesn't care. Of course if hers didn't work she would just hand it to me and say fix it.

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting a Z10, but that's soooo not true. The 920 is such a damn good looking phone imo. Why does a phone have to be thin to be good?

Personal taste, I hate this recent trend of big fat phones. I know there's a segment of people who like them though. 4.3 would be the absolute max I would go as long as it wasn't thick and that's pushing it for me. I hate the way they feel in my pocket when I'm sitting, and that's when I really notice it.

Gambit11B

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
The ultimate deciding factor is this:
Will MS ever listen to their consumers, or will they continue doing whatever they please??? With MS's influence, why is it so difficult to get the developers/support/carriers on board???

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
The ultimate deciding factor is this:
Will MS ever listen to their consumers, or will they continue doing whatever they please??? With MS's influence, why is it so difficult to get the developers/support/carriers on board???

IMO it's because Android and Apple don't appear to be showing any signs of slowing down

Gambit11B

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
IMO it's because Android and Apple don't appear to be showing any signs of slowing down

I don't think they have to slow down. The whole idea behind the new kernel was to make porting easier from one MS platform to another. Windows 8 is getting more and more apps everyday, but for some reason, these same apps will not make it to WP8. TBH there is absolutely no reason why MS can't get the majority of the poplular iOS apps.... Heck, just look at MLB At Bat: Its on every other OS (to include the new BB10) and even XBox..... but for some unknown reason, it is missing from WP8!!! Can anyone explain this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)