Blackberry Z10 or Samsung ATIV S

jammie123

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone purchased a Samsung Ativ S after checking out and trying a Blackberry Z10? If so, why? I am looking to upgrade and had a quick look at the Ativ S and Z10 at my local Telus store. Thanks for any input.

jammie123

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
My Telus mobility provider does not carry the Lumia 920, unfortunately, but does carry the Ativ S. The Telus reps locally do not seem too keen on anything other than iphones and Galaxy 3's. Their opinion is these two are much easier to use than the BB Z10. I have a Nokia lumia 610 and my husband has a BB Bold 9780. Would like to upgrade to one good and easy to use travel phone on one good data plan.

dermotf

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I tried both last night at Future Shop and I would get the Ativ S without any doubt. The screen on the Ativ is amazing, I almost prefer it over my Lumia 920. To me the BB Z10 is so boring in every way and the OS is a mix of Android and IOS.

qyk1010101

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Multiple blackberrys and a playbook later, I'm done with blackberry. I held on to the hope that they would return to the glory days of the 9700 but that day never came.

If you think that the battery life on the 920 is crap, wait till you try the blackberry 9900. Coming from that phone,I couldn't be happier with battery on my 920. And there are multiple reviews saying that z10 battery is even worse.. Urgh.

jammie123

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I've heard really good things about the Lumia 920. Was there something specific that you preferred in the Ativ over your Lumia 920?

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone purchased a Samsung Ativ S after checking out and trying a Blackberry Z10? If so, why? I am looking to upgrade and had a quick look at the Ativ S and Z10 at my local Telus store. Thanks for any input.

I say the WP8 ATIV S all the way!

I bought my ATIV S from Telus Mobility in north Edmonton the first day it came out which was Dec 14/2012 on a 3 year and bought the black Gel case and screen protector made for the ATIV S from Telus Mobility as well.

PS ...the ATIV S comes with Portico OS update!

I has been an awesome smartphone compared with my last smartphone the LG IQ GW825 WM6.5 also from Telus Mobility in 2009 on a 3 year.

Samsung ATIV S has been a great phone so buttery smooth with a big battery...I get 36 hours per charge on daily use...also big display and 64GB microSD card support! Wight 135g only.....

Windows Phone 8 has been good so far.....just waiting now for more update's and apps......by the why my AppFlow app say's there are now 139,428 apps for Windows Phone platform so far! ...so did this helped? 😎

jammie123

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for taking the time to post. My hubby has a BB Bold 9780 which we are looking to replace. Tired of the small screen and having to use the trackpad to zoom in so we can see something! I recently acquired a prepaid WP 7.5 Lumia 610 phone that I carry for "emergency" purposes. It's easy to use but has limitations due to small ram. I'm hoping that the ATIV S, with it's 4.8" screen, removable battery and microSD card support, on a good data plan would serve our needs for the next 3 years. We are not big app users so app availability is not a big deal. User reviews of the phone are good but many posts are during the "honeymoon" phase.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb