03-26-2013 12:30 PM
34 12
tools
    If youre data hungry, go LTE.

If you like apps, iphone
    03-25-2013 08:29 PM
    Back in October/November when i still had my iPhone 4s i was becoming very interested in what Nokia 920 could bring. Since im too used to the iPhone and it has always worked perfectly for me i decided to buy the iPhone 5, but kept an eye on Nokia and wp8.

I'm a happy apple user BUT right now if i didn't have the iPhone 5 and had to choose between the 920 or the 4s i would give Nokia a try. I know i would have to sacrifice somethings and would probably have to get an iPod touch for apps i regularly need and use on the iPhone. But i would probably trade that for a better camera, i love the idea to take good pictures with low light. I also like the Me and People Hub and that metro look.

How the situation sounds, i would recommend the 920 for the OP, mainly because apps are not that important to him. Me, personally have tried other phones including android and played a little with wp8 devices and its the little things that work on the iphone that i would miss the most. For example that universal volume control would bug me a lot .
    Par_T likes this.
    03-26-2013 04:31 AM
    Quick pictures and video is one area where I think the 920 beats an iphone hands down. A dedicated 2-step camera button is simply awesome for this. The camera and image stabilization of the 920 will beat the iphone 4s in most circumstances. And the larger screen display is nicer for framing images as well as looking at your cute kids after the fact. I'm really surprised how often I use mine, and I never liked cell phone cameras before.
    Par_T likes this.
    03-26-2013 05:38 AM
    Like other responses (not including fumetsu's agenda) it sounds like call quality and camera are most important? Based on those two things it appears the L920 would be the choice. There are a ton of videos comparing build and the L920 is superior. You mention owning a Surface and there are some additional benefits to having a WP8 device a keeping the same OS ecosystem.
    Par_T likes this.
    03-26-2013 09:31 AM
    This is an easy decision. Since you only have a few apps, unless WP doesn't have a particular app you really need, the L920 blows the iPhone 4/S out the water feature wise. And based on your comments windows phone integrates so many services that its a much more natural experience. I have iPhones, android phones and windows phones. The iPhone is a great device for most people, but it's my belief that windows phone is better implementation of how a smart phone should work. Its very simple and effective at helping you do simple task quickly and easily without to much jumping in and out of applications. And its only getting better with each update.
    03-26-2013 09:41 AM
    Is this really a serious thread or a forum to beat up ios?! Come on. There are supposed ios users and fan boys commenting on wpcentral thread?! Amusing
    03-26-2013 09:54 AM
    Thanks all for your input. Call quality and camera were my two top priorities for a phone, and it looks like L920 is the way to go.
    03-26-2013 10:36 AM
    How are you just dragging music into your 920 folder? I'm using Vista and it will not allow it. Any suggestions? Microsoft says I need to use win media player, but that is a nightmare and it wants to sync my whole music library with the phone. Thanks

Good point about the drag and drop over IOS and ITunes; it could be worth it not having to deal with ITunes.

Ive had lumia920 and iphone4, the iphone 4 is easier to use if playing music is a big thing for you cos the system remembers what you were watching/playing for each app...lumia seems to only remember 1 thing at a time; the lumia does allow you to just drag music folders onto the phone though and appears to play divx without needing it recoded for the phone.
    I've had no hardware issues.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    Last edited by Jastow; 03-27-2013 at 06:23 PM.
    03-26-2013 10:43 AM
    I have an iPhone 5 right now and I am selling it. I found a buyer at a good price. The good thing with the iPhone is that it's everywhere and depreciates slowly. The 920 became available last month in our country and I have the 5 for about 2 months already. Now I'm selling it and buying the 920 at absolutely no cost!

If I choose the 920 for the 5, then imo the 920 is definitely better than the 4s. My dad has a 4s, it's okay but you just can't resist the iconic design of the Lumia 920. It's non conventional plus it has killer features. Not only will you be having the superior phone but you will be helping Nokia in marketing the Lumia. Either way is great but the 920 is just something worth getting.

I want to adapt Windows Phone right now because it is gaining attention and growing by the day. My friends love their iPhones and Androids but then I showed them the Windows Phone commercial and left them in awe. It's an amazing piece of device. We need to help Nokia on this! It has so much potential to compete.

No hate for HTC but Nokia has the passion so if you finally decide to get a Windows Phone, just get the 920. A little more expensive but worth every penny
    MastrMeatWad and Par_T like this.
    03-26-2013 12:30 PM
34 12