IPhone 5 or Lumia 810?

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Of course, app spacing and homescreen layout on both ios and wp CAN be replicated on Android, if thats a thing.

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
This really isn't a comparison. iPhone 5 is better in almost every single way.
  • Better screen
  • Better construction
  • Faster hardware
  • Better camera
  • 700k apps
  • Future proof for at least the next 3 years judging by how iPhones usually go.

Unless you really, REALLY want a Windows Phone, I see no reason to get a Lumia 810. Even if you do want a Windows Phone, Lumia 920 is the way to go.

IPhone future proof for three years??...lol. IPhone 5 with its skinny screen was behind the curve a year ago...it could have 700 PPI, would make no difference.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Pi Sin

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
weird, why would anyone be deciding between a iphone 5 and L810? shouldn't it be deciding Iphone 5 and L920? weird.. really weird to see this thread

gungopeas

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
weird, why would anyone be deciding between a iphone 5 and L810? shouldn't it be deciding Iphone 5 and L920? weird.. really weird to see this thread
I am deciding between the iPhone 5 and the 810 because the L920 is not available on T-mobile.

Edit: Of all T-mobiles phones these two are my favorite. I like Android but I get frustrated with lack of updates. If the L920 was on T-mobile I would be all over it. :-D

Dimitar Dimitrov2

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
At that moment: iPhone 5. Probably the technical specs of the Lumia might be better. BUT if the OS isn't good enough to use them properly :?. Buy an iPhone; more apps, less problems, more organization. I had iPhone 4, and now I have HTC 8S (Windows Phone). No room for comparison, to be safe and sure: buy an iPhone (even an 4S will do).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This isn't a weird thread because not everyone wants to pay AT&T's high rates or is interested (or has the upfront cash) to buy an unlocked 920.

OP, love your handle. Haven't had any gungo peas and rice or gungo peas soup in a long time...

Anyways, it depends on how you use your phone. iPhone 5 has a ton of apps, a nice cam. The 810 has wireless charging, a better than advertised camera, good maps, better music player and all the trappings of WP8. Play with both and decide. Both are equally fast in the hardware department, so you don't lose either way.

How invested are you in WP - did you buy many apps, how do you enjoy using the WP7 features?

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Well since you own a WP device I'd say go for iPhone5, compared to the 810 its a better phone, just coz you like WP doesn't mean you can't try other OS
I'm also in tmobile so I've never had the chance to experience an iOS (though all my friends have a iPhone, not the same as actually owning one) but then again I dont care for anything Apple does

StreetNerd

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Presently I am using the lumia 710. Its a decent phone. You know, everyone has an iPhone and you here so much about it and now finally it comes to Tmobile. I am thinking this is my chance to finally own one. But I love windows phone OS. I have looked at the 8x but i have read that the 810 has better battery.

The lumia 810 is $360 while iPhone is $569.
Maybe i will go with the 810. But i would love to own an iPhone because of all the hype surrounding it. Lol, am I nuts?

coz the media is PRO APPLE.... why would u pick something that is boring like everyone else?

few days ago i went out with a group of friends, like around 10 people... All have iphone 4S or 5 and i was the only one with a Lumia 920 :')
putting all those iDevices togheter it was plain and boring sight...

i think u should go for the Cyan or Yellow Lumia 720! YES 720! :D imo its better thn 820

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Of course, app spacing and homescreen layout on both ios and wp CAN be replicated on Android, if thats a thing.

That's the thing about Android... you can do anything on it, but at the expense of your time and sanity. You end up wasting so much time on forums trying to fix all the bugs and conflicts you're causing by trying to make it into something that it's not that you never really get around to enjoying the experience of the phone. That's why I ditched it and moved to wp- it never feels quite right and always is a work in progress. That and I lost big on Android Update Roulette :(

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Uhm... Skinning Android to look similar to other systems that work more fluently is putting makeup on a pig.

Android is fluent on my old s3, so... I just disagree with the analogy.

Cameradork: some times. I had that with my sgs2. Not with my sgs3, as i knew what i was doing from experience. But I get your point. Some times the flexibility is great, other times you just want something simple that looks good with no effort, and does the job.
Hence why i generally go from complicated to simple to complicated, etcetera. N900 to N8 to SGS2 to Lumia 800 to sgs3 to lumia 920 to sgs4... I get that.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
IPhone future proof for three years??...lol. IPhone 5 with its skinny screen was behind the curve a year ago...it could have 700 PPI, would make no difference.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
You really have no idea what future proof means, do you? It means it will keep on getting all the latest games and OS updates for the next few years. Quite unlike the Lumia 900 that was obsolete after 6 months.

StreetNerd

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
LOL some people would call that a bad thing :p

i ask them why u got an i5? some say dont know, coz every1 has it.... and they are paying like 70 euros a month on a 2 year contract... just to be part of the crowd...
me on the other hand.... L920 is perfect for me... all i need are the core apps and how much do i pay?.... i pay 25 euros on a 2 year contract

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Having come from an iPhone 4, which I did personally love, I would say go with the Lumia 810. I love that phone even more than iPhone. Yes, the iPhone 5 has more to offer than the 4 that I have, but WP8 has even more to offer and is a refreshing platform. You won't be disappointed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs