IPhone 5 or Lumia 810?

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Well the iPhone 5 has the better hardware specs but the 810 has the better OS, why not go for an 8X? Which has higher resolution than both the 810 and iPhone 5.

gungopeas

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Well the iPhone 5 has the better hardware specs but the 810 has the better OS, why not go for an 8X? Which has higher resolution than both the 810 and iPhone 5?

Thanks for replying. I don't really like the 8x. Nokia support for the lumia brand is much better. what about camera?

Nick Garza

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Depends on what you want. The iPhone 5 is a flagship device, better specs, camera, almost everything.

810, while mid level, is still a very good phone and I would say they only thing that you would really be missing out on is in the display department ( I sold my s3 for an 810 and this wasn't nearly the issue I expected it to be ). Other than the design of the phone, I have absolutely no complaints.

If you like WP8 and you're ok with the much, much smaller number of apps/games then I would say go with the 810. Actually, I would suggest the 8x as well because is is a better phone and you still have access to all of the Here ( Nokia ) apps. My wife has an 8x and I'm jealous ( ****, if the 8s had flagship specs as well I would take it over the 810 ).

I prefer the WP OS so I chose the 810. The iPhone 5 is obviously better though.

Edit: the 8gb of storage on the 810 might be an issue for you ( SD card expandable, but only 8gb for apps/games). That is another reason why in suggest the 810.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
You've come to the wrong place to get an unbiased opinion.
If specs aren't that big a deal to you I'd go for the L810. It's a great phone in its own right, and the expandable storage sold me immediately. Also keep in mind the app list. For the time being Apple's lineup is much larger, but it looks like WP8 will be getting most of the major apps we were missing last year. Personally I'm not a fan of the iphone 5's design, or the OS.

gungopeas

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Presently I am using the lumia 710. Its a decent phone. You know, everyone has an iPhone and you here so much about it and now finally it comes to Tmobile. I am thinking this is my chance to finally own one. But I love windows phone OS. I have looked at the 8x but i have read that the 810 has better battery.

The lumia 810 is $360 while iPhone is $569.
Maybe i will go with the 810. But i would love to own an iPhone because of all the hype surrounding it. Lol, am I nuts?

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Presently I am using the lumia 710. Its a decent phone. You know, everyone has an iPhone and you here so much about it and now finally it comes to Tmobile. I am thinking this is my chance to finally own one. But I love windows phone OS. I have looked at the 8x but i have read that the 810 has better battery.

The lumia 810 is $360 while iPhone is $569.
Maybe i will go with the 810. But i would love to own an iPhone because of all the hype surrounding it. Lol, am I nuts?

I think you should be a leader rather than a follower.

srkirby

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I had an iPhone, and switched to a Lumia 822. I got extremely bored with the OS. Apple makes a great phone, but you cannot do anything to change how it looks, not even something as simple as changing a color.

I personally would suggest the 810. You already know the app store is getting better, and the phone is more customizable.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
If you can, play with someone's iPhone first!!! Seriously, spend at least an hour with it, if not more. Poke around, doing what you normally do with your current phone. Then sit back and mull it over.

Personally, I had an iPhone for several months. There wasn't a day that went by that I didn't want to throw it against the wall in frustration. I was so happy the day it died on it's own.

gungopeas

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Good suggestions. Thank you. I agree I think I would get bored with IOS. I am going to go to an AT&T store to play with the iPhone and see what it's like. Thanks again. I will report back.

al DERY

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
ive owned both android phones galaxy s3's, nexus 4, and iphones 4,4s,5 and i do think the iphone design wise is nice and android is nice because of the customization however i just actually jumped on windows phone recently and to be honest with you i dont miss ios or android i think wp is a breath of fresh air and the os is actually a lot better if you ask me. ive had my 810 for about 3 months now and there just seems to be very good software for it as far as music/music streaming apps, pic editing/sharing theres a certain level of simplicity that the os has that really makes it a nice phone. ive used an iphone since the beginning of time and went to android a few years later used android for a few years and then actually went back to the iphone for a few months and then back to android before using wp. for me at least right now theres nothing that would make me go back to ios or andorid at the moment i feel as if theres nothing out there right now.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 5 is obviously better.

But if you really want Windows Phone go with 810. It's a wonderfully designed phone plus it's nokia so you would get the exclusives.

Trappiste

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
810 is a lower end device. But iP is clumsy and cumbersome by modern standards, as the OS is outdated. It is plain difficult to use and frustrates you tono end, as nothing is integrated with anything. It is just an app launcher. Also, the core Apple apps are substandard in quality. This is not OS X. It is rather like a late 90s PC. Popular but bad. Apple stopped developing iOS in 2010 or 2009 and it shows. The hardware, too, is poorly designed. The screen is too small. And yes, the phone looks pretty, but due to its fragility needs a shell for protection, which nulls the whole point of its design. It is also slippery and awkward to hold bare.

Iphone 5 is a cold, soulless object compared to the Lumia.

Dileu

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
It really depends on what you want your phone to do, and how you typically use it. Perhaps if we knew more about that, we could give answers that are a little bit better than "iPhone 5 crap, lumia awesome".

the reality is, is that both a great phones, for different reasons and different users.

al DERY

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
i think the ip5 looks better physically and may have better specs but ive owned an ip5 and the os feels the same as always and on top i felt it got rather dull and boring quick.

m3wz1k

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
The one reason I was wary of going to WP is the reason some are using to defend it. From what I understand, the only thing you can change in WP is the size and colour of the tiles. Other than that not much can be change on home screen. Am I correct? But I am iOS user and I defend stability and coherence more than being able to customise. When I am ready to switch I prefer to go to WP, regardless of how much it can be customised. My only two quirks is notifications and possible lack of apps. I say possible because I haven`t investigated and I am not app dependent, I use very few apps on a day to day basis. (Facebook, Twitter, Feedly, Zite, Pocket, KIndle, Evernote, Podcasts, Rdio, Runkeeper, What`s app, Facebook Messenger, Skype, Magic Jack are my principal offenders). Anything else I am sure I can work something out.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
This really isn't a comparison. iPhone 5 is better in almost every single way.
  • Better screen
  • Better construction
  • Faster hardware
  • Better camera
  • 700k apps
  • Future proof for at least the next 3 years judging by how iPhones usually go.

Unless you really, REALLY want a Windows Phone, I see no reason to get a Lumia 810. Even if you do want a Windows Phone, Lumia 920 is the way to go.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The one reason I was wary of going to WP is the reason some are using to defend it. From what I understand, the only thing you can change in WP is the size and colour of the tiles. Other than that not much can be change on home screen. Am I correct? But I am iOS user and I defend stability and coherence more than being able to customise. When I am ready to switch I prefer to go to WP, regardless of how much it can be customised. My only two quirks is notifications and possible lack of apps. I say possible because I haven`t investigated and I am not app dependent, I use very few apps on a day to day basis. (Facebook, Twitter, Feedly, Zite, Pocket, KIndle, Evernote, Podcasts, Rdio, Runkeeper, What`s app, Facebook Messenger, Skype, Magic Jack are my principal offenders). Anything else I am sure I can work something out.

For apps that support it, you can change the information that the tile displays. It gives you little snippets of info so you don't have to launch the app to see, for example, what the weather is like, or how your Nokia stock is doing :)D), etc. It's more than that, though - to me, at least, the WP interface feels better. I enjoy using the phone more than I ever did with my iPhone 4S or Android. I like all of the design choices - spacing, animation, font sizes, etc. It's clean, consistent, modern, and it's a refreshing change from the traditional app launcher grid.

I do agree that the app/notification experience is lacking at the moment compared to the other big two (and potential switchers should really think hard about that before making the leap right now) , but every platform has suffered from this at first (including iOS - remember when the app store was 10,000 fart apps and how it went through 4 major revisions without a notification center even though Android had one from day one?) - it's only a matter of time before that's not an issue, but right now those are definitely a factor and something I try to make very clear to people who are interested so they're not disappointed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss