Lumia 920 vs HTC One (optical image stabilization)

Andyshine77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
You can't place phone calls with the L920?

One can brag a bout the camera all day long, but if it doesn't function as a phone, I couldn't care less how good the camera is. Calls have been pretty bad after the 1308 firmware. Nokia IMHO will, and is right now loosing their costumer base, the next Nokia won't sell after the problems associated with the 920 and it's software.

Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
One can brag a bout the camera all day long, but if it doesn't function as a phone, I couldn't care less how good the camera is. Calls have been pretty bad after the 1308 firmware. Nokia IMHO will, and is right now loosing their costumer base, the next Nokia won't sell after the problems associated with the 920 and it's software.

Have you been sleeping under a rock? 0_o look at all the polls from all major tech sites...the Lumia 920 has been on top of almost all of them.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Ppl should stay on topic and take your frustrations out somewhere else.

I personally prefer the 920's video for the reasons you stated. Sharper video and higher frame rate with the edition of truer colors keeps it on top.

Rndomuser

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Lumia's OIS definitely looks better and the color reproduction seems more natural... I did read that HTC will be shipping a newer camera firmware with "production" units, which supposedly improves the camera's quality compared to "review" samples. I'd wait for proper "non-review" units to see how they really compare.

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Im on ATT with the updated firmware. I can make calls with no issues.
It doesnt affect every single phone.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Don't feed the ignorant troll!

The color and brightness and stability of the Lumia 920 is much better. Looks like Nokia is still holding on to the title of best smartphone camera.

Andyshine77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

The color and brightness and stability of the Lumia 920 is much better. Looks like Nokia is still holding on to the title of best smartphone camera.

Troll?? I've contributed valuable information + my opinion on the 920 since the day I bought my phone. Sorry if my experience isn't what you'd like, but it's the truth.

Andyshine77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I use it as a phone with no issue here. What is wrong with yours?

That's been discussed in other threads. Since the 1308 update I have a hard time connecting and making calls, it's a known issue with the 1308 firmware. My point is, most who buy these phones need a functioning phone, more than a camera. I personally would prefer a perfect working, or near perfect phone than any camera at all.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
When Nokia does something, they do it right... this time around they wanted to do video stabilization, and.. they did it properly. I doubt we will see a better OIS system from another OEM anytime soon.

Nokia IMHO will, and is right now loosing their costumer base

they lost a huge portion of that a long time ago... they are trying hard to rebuild with new recruits. Of course, there are still people like me who like them and stick around... but, .. few..

Rndomuser

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site

I wouldn't be so bold as to instantly call it "the best" - for example, HTC One captures more light in this video:
HTC One - Low Light Video Comparison to Lumia 920 and iPhone 5 - YouTube
Although it still shows that OIS is better on Nokia... Actually, even iPhone 5's video looks more "stable" than HTC's, not sure what's up with that - maybe defective review unit? "Disabled" OIS? I know that iPhone 5 has digital image stabilization, but such things are always worse than a proper OIS :-/ Like I said, I'd rather wait for final unit with final camera firmware.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster