Galaxy S4 Camera Dominates the competition.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Some people are simply given to gimmicks, parlor tricks, ruses and outright falsehoods. There are networks of these people out there that would watch a commercial about spray on instant hair, and run grab the credit card. This is not a lot different from that. You just have to smile and nod your head.

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Don't knock Samsung, they make some terrific phones, including my Ativ S which is in my opinion better in all aspects than the 8X and L920 I had. Samsung are really pushing the boundaries with spec on their latest phone, its too bad they are ruining it by putting damn android on them. Their hardware has really improved in terms of design and quality. I just hope they bring this magic to more windows phones. They are not trying at all. Mind you I don't think It will be long before Samsung drops android for their own OS they are developing/developed with Intel; Tizen.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Because low light is no longer needed when xenon is there

So it's not low light photography then, is it? Low light photography is all about taking the best shots without a flash which is what the 920 is advertised as being capable of. You start using a flash and it is no longer low light photography.

nano321

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
PhoneArena is a site for Fandroids and its camera reviews and shootouts are mostly biased. If you really want to see honest comparison go to sites like "GSMArena" and check SGS4's camera review. Low-light and video capturing wise Lumia 920 kills SGS4 hands down. As far as low-light comparison is concerned SGS4 can't even beat Lumia 720 forget about Lumia 920.

?€?›รีย?š?€?—ีย?š?*า?ž?–?ˆาย?•?*?™กลา?‡?„ื?™ระหว?ˆา?‡ Galaxy S4, Lumia 720 และ iPhone 5

Last edited:

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Tech: yes, and some people blindly defend things because they have a romanticized view of it, others will stick to their belief regardless of proof to the contrary. Some people like beef jerky. Some people don't.
All interesting observations with no real application here.

Nano: it beats the iphone5 in lowlight, according to other sources. Its just too early to say, really.

I read GSMarenas review, and its mainly just praises. Like all the other tests.

Lumia 920 might have an edge videowise due to ois, and most likely in low light shots. However, video might have drawbacks that would overall mark it lower even with ois.

Not sure. As said i can easily do comparisons when i get my copy of the s4, it will be easy to see then.

nano321

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 720 beats iPhone5 in low-light and is neck to neck in other conditions. Here goes the second proof,

Weekend Watch: Lumia 720 vs iPhone 5 and Lumia 720 vs SGS III imaging shootout videos!! | Nokiapoweruser

By the way, video capturing wise SGS4 is deemed even inferior to SGS3 and even GSMArena admits that. I can produce many shootouts between SGS3 and Lumia 920 where Lumia 920 murders it in video shooting.

Also consider this, just enhancing 8 MP sensor images by using software to deliver 13 MP shots wouldn't give you capability to outdo hardware based capability like video and low-light imaging.

Last edited:

Easy-G

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Based on those photos and IMHO, I remain envious of the 920... and I find the HTC One to be more than disappointing. S4 looks good, but not superior to the 920, iPhone 5, or Xperia Z.

Maybe with more complex conditions we would see a more definitive winner.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Nano: No, thats not what gsmarena wrote at all, with regards to video.

Im personally not considering anything. I just read the reviews. You see, I don't have the phone yet. So I cant say much about it.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
That's silly. Ive only read that it beats iphone5, 920, htc one, etc. Not 808. Its sort of in its own league.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not just talking the camera performance, I'm talking overall performance. There isn't a single phone out there than can even come close to what the GS4 is capable of. It's absolutely devastating. It's becoming very evident to all the OEMs that Samsung isn't holding back or sitting on it's past success and getting stale. They're ripping every other OEM out there with big advancements in Hardware and Software. Just look......

Galaxy S4 Showcase & Interview - YouTube

/cough .. Paid BS /cough.....

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
The 920's night pictures in that "comparison" should not be that bad. It's as if they took the worst picture that the 920 could take and used it (honestly those 920 night pictures look like they were taken with my 710). If you look around this site you will find pictures from users that show what the 920 is really capable of.

We have seen comparisons between the 920 and GS3 and the 920 almost always came out on top. Now all of a sudden the 920 is inferior to the GS3?

It's funny how they also disregard the giant lens flare on the GS4's night picture as if that's not an issue. For the day shots they all pretty much provide the same detail and it's up to the user on which type of colours they prefer

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Disregarding camera, does S4 beat the others in all benchmarks?

Uhh...terrible question. You're asking if a phone that's using tech that's a year newer is better. It's like bragging that a PC with an Ivy Bridge i7 is faster than one with a Sandy Bridge i3. Newer tech is newer and faster, that's how it goes. This is the newest device on the market, and that's that. It's not as if the S4 is so well-made that it blows the competition away on the same, or similar, hardware. They've just got the newest parts in their phones, so they can beat those on outdated hardware.

That's like that folks who brag that the Wii U is more powerful than the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3. It's not hard to put out something bigger and better with newer parts.

All of that said, I'm not sure how it compares to the HTC One, haven't looked at the benchmarks to see. That's what is the interesting question, not how the Exynos 5 compares to an A6 or S4 CPU that's a year (or more) old. If it bests the best from Qualcomm, we're talking. If it's on-par with the new Snapdragon Pro 800, it's tough to care when not many go the Exynos route for CPUs as it is.

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Man I want that s4. Looks awesome. Hopefully that windows phablet comes out in July as rumored. My 4.5" is not be enough
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)