06-11-2013 12:49 AM
84 ... 234
tools
    HTC, Motorola, and LG are great examples of how Android is helping the profits of those companies...

Oh wait no, the mobile divisions of those companies aren't doing so hot are they? HTC is in on the road to oblivion if they don't turn things around drastically, Motorola is being propped up by Google's deep pockets and LG phones are barely heard of these days.

Plopping Android on to a Nokia phone doesn't guarantee success for Nokia, especially in a market that is dominated by Samsung. The whole notion of Android being better for Nokia is just propagated by Android fanboys who want to get their hands on Nokia's superior hardware but can't at the moment.
    I dont know what you're talking about. LG is doing pretty well.
    05-25-2013 06:58 PM
    I dont know what you're talking about. LG is doing pretty well.
    I would say only because of the Nexus 4, and maybe the Optimus G Pro (I don't know much about that phone or it's sales). I've never really liked LG phones. Ever since Android, I never felt like LG made a great phone. What always pops up in my mind was the LG G2x on T-Mobile. I heard it was incredibly buggy. The only LG phone I'd ever buy would be that Nexus.

End of the day exact same frames and motors minus the specialties.

Lexus IS is a Camry. Avalon is a LS. That's common knowledge but carry on.
    Nope. If you knew what you were talking about, you'd know they're not the exact same. The Lexus IS has it's own platform, AND it's a compact RWD sports-luxury sedan. The Toyota Camry is a FWD mid-size family car. The Camry is actually more related to the Lexus ES, their midsize luxury sedan. Both of those are FWD, and I believe they share the same V6. So there is some truth to your statement, but not all are the exact same. Interestingly enough, I'd say the Avalon competes with the Lexus ES, because they're both supposed to be larger FWD comfy luxury cars. However, in the latest refresh of the Avalon, Toyota actually made it somewhat sporty and I believe the ride firmer. It's still no sports sedan though.

With the Lexus LS, it also has it's own platform. It's a full-size luxury sedan like the Avalon, but it's not the same. The LS is RWD, unlike the Avalon's FWD. The LS has a V8, where can I get that in the Avalon? Not to mention that would probably be a bad idea--you'd get massive torque steer and understeer.

You've also conveniently left out the models which you couldn't find matches for.

HTC, Motorola, and LG are great examples of how Android is helping the profits of those companies...

Oh wait no, the mobile divisions of those companies aren't doing so hot are they? HTC is in on the road to oblivion if they don't turn things around drastically, Motorola is being propped up by Google's deep pockets and LG phones are barely heard of these days.

Plopping Android on to a Nokia phone doesn't guarantee success for Nokia, especially in a market that is dominated by Samsung. The whole notion of Android being better for Nokia is just propagated by Android fanboys who want to get their hands on Nokia's superior hardware but can't at the moment.
    Does Nokia even have enough money to add Android to their portfolio? Let's say Nokia does spend most of their remaining cash creating their Android phone, but it fails. Then they're really screwed, may have to declare bankruptcy, or may be snatched up by a competitor. Plus, should Nokia devote some of their resources to Android? Their HERE Drive+ is still in beta. If they made an Android phone, they'd have to develop Android apps probably meaning that Windows Phone apps and firmware updates will come out slower because now they have to devote some of their resources to Android.

The only problem is that we might never see a Google friendly Windows Phone.
    Why is that? I believe if Windows Phone gains enough users, Google won't be able to ignore it like they do currently. Unless you're saying that Windows Phone will never hit double digit marketshare and Microsoft should just give up now.
    05-25-2013 08:18 PM
    For Windows Phone to hit double digits either iOS or Android has to drop significantly in market share. Right now Android is propelling and iOS is going steady. Something drastic has to happen for WP to hit double digits in the next few years.
    05-26-2013 05:46 AM
    For Windows Phone to hit double digits either iOS or Android has to drop significantly in market share. Right now Android is propelling and iOS is going steady. Something drastic has to happen for WP to hit double digits in the next few years.
    Well that's pretty obvious, but if Windows Phone grows at a faster pace than Android and/or iOS, then Windows Phone will gain marketshare and Android and iOS will lose marketshare.
    05-26-2013 11:43 AM
    End of the day exact same frames and motors minus the specialties.

Lexus IS is a Camry. Avalon is a LS. That's common knowledge but carry on.
    Its quite obvious you do not know what you are one about. If we all thought like that then an Audi is a Skoda with 4 rings on the bonnet. Has a Camry got a 5 litre V8 hybrid system ? No. They are not exactly the same motors. They share one or two but most of the Lexus range have entirely different engines. Read into something a bit more and do some research before sharing false information, as there are people out there who DO know what they are talking about.
    06-03-2013 12:32 PM
    different quality standards? Different engines? Its the exact same frame, exact same motors, just different logos. I see Lexus marketing and allure has worked on you.

Pick any Toyota and it will have matching Lexus. No way around that.
    This going no where. You must be not familiar with the current marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. They don't shove their products down your throat so no advertising has worked on me because Lexus hardly advertise anyways, especially in the UK. Yes Lexus do share 2 or 3 engines with Toyota but that's it. If they were both so similar why would they be built in different factories ? Toyota would have the money to expand existing factories so capacity wouldn't be the reason. You need to pay more attention to Lexus and Toyota products so you wouldn't making statements which are incorrect.
    06-03-2013 12:37 PM
    Its quite obvious you do not know what you are one about. If we all thought like that then an Audi is a Skoda with 4 rings on the bonnet. Has a Camry got a 5 litre V8 hybrid system ? No. They are not exactly the same motors. They share one or two but most of the Lexus range have entirely different engines. Read into something a bit more and do some research before sharing false information, as there are people out there who DO know what they are talking about.
    You Internet guys really trip me out. I worked in the auto industry for years before switching to the financial side.

Toyota is Lexus, Lexus is Toyota. Same parts and everything. Toyota makes literally every part of the Lexus. Do you all even know the history of Lexus? How they made a name because people wouldn't pay that much for a Toyota especially Americans?

You guys probably believe Mazda is actually using Mazda parts when in reality Ford makes literally 60% of everything Mazda. Go in a Mazda factory and every box will have Ford labels. Likewise in a Lexus factory.

Now if you want to go look at the financials you will clearly see who makes and who own Lexus. Dig deeper and see the transactions you will see the parts supplier.

Crash your over priced Toyota(lexus) and see what parts you get.

My goodness. Sorry for thinking this was common knowledge.

Carry on.
    MDak280 likes this.
    06-04-2013 06:44 PM
    You Internet guys really trip me out. I worked in the auto industry for years before switching to the financial side.

Toyota is Lexus, Lexus is Toyota. Same parts and everything. Toyota makes literally every part of the Lexus. Do you all even know the history of Lexus? How they made a name because people wouldn't pay that much for a Toyota especially Americans?

You guys probably believe Mazda is actually using Mazda parts when in reality Ford makes literally 60% of everything Mazda. Go in a Mazda factory and every box will have Ford labels. Likewise in a Lexus factory.

Now if you want to go look at the financials you will clearly see who makes and who own Lexus. Dig deeper and see the transactions you will see the parts supplier.

Crash your over priced Toyota(lexus) and see what parts you get.

My goodness. Sorry for thinking this was common knowledge.

Carry on.
    Im not denying that Toyota doesn't make and share parts with Lexus, because they do. virtually every part in a Lexus has Toyota stamped on it, but then engines don't, because most of them are Lexus own. there are 2 or 3 which are shared between the two but not every single engines like VW and Audi. And there is justification why people purchase Lexus over Toyota. It is there luxury division, you are paying for a premium badge and a premium car. Lexus cars are now utilising laser welding and elastic paint to name a couple. You don't see laser welding on an Avensis or Auris.
    FinancialP likes this.
    06-09-2013 04:50 AM
    Im not denying that Toyota doesn't make and share parts with Lexus, because they do. virtually every part in a Lexus has Toyota stamped on it, but then engines don't, because most of them are Lexus own. there are 2 or 3 which are shared between the two but not every single engines like VW and Audi. And there is justification why people purchase Lexus over Toyota. It is there luxury division, you are paying for a premium badge and a premium car. Lexus cars are now utilising laser welding and elastic paint to name a couple. You don't see laser welding on an Avensis or Auris.
    Thank you for understanding.

It's all lipstick on a pig to me.
    06-11-2013 12:49 AM
84 ... 234