How is Android the most popular mobile OS ? Honestly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Actually, thinking about it the AT&T version of the Samsung Galaxy S 3 has the Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon chipset which is the same as in the 920. It also has WiFi direct so it's entirely plausible for MS to offer this feature in a future update just like they have by turning on the FM radio in the next update.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Nah mate, it's as safe as houses. It uses WPA2 security protocol and replaces Bluetooth as a transfer method. You don't need to join an existing network to use WiFi direct because you just create your own which other people with WiFi direct devices can join (with your permission) or you can join theirs. It's especially good for sharing larger files like videos that you've taken with your phone. Imagine trying to share a 100 MB video over Bluetooth! Do it over a WiFi connection directly with another device and it's transferred in no time.

It's more that they'd likely have to introduce a new protocol disallowing certain files that likely wouldn't play nicely with Android just like our nfc

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Even so I am a WP8 addict, I completely disagree with your review... Well sort off. I have tried various devices and come to the conclusion that the skin matters. I don't like Touchwiz, I prefer Sense. Also to my surprise Sense 5 works great with our Kerio Mail Server, while other skins don't. So your review might be pertinent to a Sony device, but it does not apply to Sense5 Android devices. Not to mention the widgets which are in fact useful. Yes I prefer WP8, but HTC has made Android 4.1 much more useable with its skin* (which includes the app selection that comes with Sense5). WP8 however does a lot more, is very fluid considering the lesser hardware it runs on, not to mention its best email, keyboard and txt functions and an unrivalled spell checking and suggestion system. But, Android is a good system if used properly by the manufacturer.

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Even so I am a WP8 addict, I completely disagree with your review... Well sort off. I have tried various devices and come to the conclusion that the skin matters. I don't like Touchwiz, I prefer Sense. Also to my surprise Sense 5 works great with our Kerio Mail Server, while other skins don't. So your review might be pertinent to a Sony device, but it does not apply to Sense5 Android devices. Not to mention the widgets which are in fact useful. Yes I prefer WP8, but HTC has made Android 4.1 much more useable with its skin* (which includes the app selection that comes with Sense5). WP8 however does a lot more, is very fluid considering the lesser hardware it runs on, not to mention its best email, keyboard and txt functions and an unrivalled spell checking and suggestion system. But, Android is a good system if used properly by the manufacturer.

Yes Id agree with you to be honest. Touchwiz is vile, I don't know about HTC Sense. I hear it has been revamped but sense on my HTC Legend I had a few years ago was horrible. But that goes to show poor consistency. I can pick up anyone's Windows phone and immediately know where everything is and how everything works. "Pure android" extremely good I have to admit but that still lags. Its just a poorly written OS as a whole. Some OEM's make it more bearable but at the end of the day, you cant polish a turd.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I gotta say, while I detest android I don't feel as though most of you have given it a fair chance. It's not that good but saying your 920 is better than a phone that's around 5 years old... Duh.

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I gotta say, while I detest android I don't feel as though most of you have given it a fair chance. It's not that good but saying your 920 is better than a phone that's around 5 years old... Duh.

Well no I was comparing it to my Xperia Z I had, and while I love Sony and their hardware, android for me is so hard to get on with I had to get rid of it. It was driving me nuts.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I can name things android is missing!

Consistency, a smooth experience, a reasonable update structure, aesthetics... Etc.

Feature wise obviously. Android can literally right now do whatever you want it to.

Sent from my XT907 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Some bad misconceptions about android on here. Also file exploring in a phone isn't insecure at all. It let's hit delete files that otherwise would take up space on your phone.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Or, you know, files integral to day to day use

If you know what you are going then there won't be any problems and really, files that are essential to your phone are hidden. I explore files on my phone all the time. I can delete leftover cache and data from apps that would otherwise just sit there and take up space. I think that is what is going on with this "other" storage problem I have seen on here. I also have an app that let's be know when I uninstall an app it let's me know that the app I uninstalled left cache and data on my internal storage then I can delete that waste of space from my phone from the app. Can you even delete app data or cache from windows phones?

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
If you know what you are going then there won't be any problems and really, files that are essential to your phone are hidden. I explore files on my phone all the time. I can delete leftover cache and data from apps that would otherwise just sit there and take up space. I think that is what is going on with this "other" storage problem I have seen on here. I also have an app that let's be know when I uninstall an app it let's me know that the app I uninstalled left cache and data on my internal storage then I can delete that waste of space from my phone from the app. Can you even delete app data or cache from windows phones?

If you own a Nokia windows phone, yes. If you don't, well, you backed the wrong fighter in the WP race

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
If you own a Nokia windows phone, yes. If you don't, well, you backed the wrong fighter in the WP race

I see. The file exploring is a feature that should come as it can really be beneficial. You can even move pics, music, and other files from your internal memory to your microsd card if your phone has one.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but it can also cause negative things. Name one phone with a real file explorer that hasn't been jailbroken/rooted/whatever. That's because files are easy to unhide.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah but it can also cause negative things. Name one phone with a real file explorer that hasn't been jailbroken/rooted/whatever. That's because files are easy to unhide.

Mines. Droid RAZR M. File explorer app comes preloaded onto the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven