How is Android the most popular mobile OS ? Honestly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hustleman

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah but it can also cause negative things. Name one phone with a real file explorer that hasn't been jailbroken/rooted/whatever. That's because files are easy to unhide.

You say that as if it was a bad thing.

Rooting and unlocking are good things, they allow you to do things you slyly be able to do on your own phone anyway.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
You say that as if it was a bad thing.

Rooting and unlocking are good things, they allow you to do things you slyly be able to do on your own phone anyway.

It's a terrible thing, I don't know if you were around when we had unlocked WP7 devices but most people were quite open about the fact that they only did it to get XBL games that they didn't want to pay for. There were little other valid reasons to do it.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
It's a terrible thing, I don't know if you were around when we had unlocked WP7 devices but most people were quite open about the fact that they only did it to get XBL games that they didn't want to pay for. There were little other valid reasons to do it.

That does not apply to rooting though. People still pay for apps through rooting, you know that right? Only way to get free paid apps is to download then from some sketchy third party place. Which people who know better don't do anyways. Plus there really isn't any reason to do so.

Sent from my XT907 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Windows completely blocks access to certain parts of the file system for the purpose of preventing unlocking exploits.

Just like android, so there wouldn't be any problem with a file explorer then right?

tmccaghren

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Windows completely blocks access to certain parts of the file system for the purpose of preventing unlocking exploits.

Indeed, and I have no problem with that. I would just like to be able to see the part of the file system that contains the items I download (e.g., attachments from emails), photos/videos, or the media I personally load to the device.

I can make do without that, though.

I have only ever rooted to allow access for overclocking cpu/optimizing RAM, or to load a better-optimized version of Android for my phone/tablet.

APK's can be downloaded, yes, but people are able to do that without rooting (all they have to do is check "unknown sources" in developer options).

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

With WP, yes, there is little other valid reason to do it. Not so much with Android.

And look how that's worked out for them...

Seems to have worked out fine.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
dirt cheap phones and recommended anti-virus apps...ya lol

Good that they are gets smarrpgones in everyone's hands. And antivirus apps aren't needed at all, like seriously you don't need one. That needs to die. Android has not needed an antivirus app. It'd just a precaution to keep an eye on malicious apps.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Good that they are gets smarrpgones in everyone's hands. And antivirus apps aren't needed at all, like seriously you don't need one. That needs to die. Android has not needed an antivirus app. It'd just a precaution to keep an eye on malicious apps.

Yeah, I guess the hundreds of apps that have come from the play store with viruses, some of which were exact mirrors of high-dollar paid apps for free were just totally negligible. Then there's the fact that the carriers themselves have installed their own data mining software on all of them.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Nevermind the gs3, gs4 one age the best selling...

Now they are, they got to where they are selling a plethora of low-end sub 1 GHz processor devices that barely ran but had a UI similar enough to iOS that the rest of us didn't feel so left out.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I guess the hundreds of apps that have come from the play store with viruses, some of which were exact mirrors of high-dollar paid apps for free were just totally negligible. Then there's the fact that the carriers themselves have installed their own data mining software on all of them.

There are NO viruses in existence for Android phones. There may be other malware out there but no viruses exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)