How is Android the most popular mobile OS ? Honestly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I guess the hundreds of apps that have come from the play store with viruses, some of which were exact mirrors of high-dollar paid apps for free were just totally negligible. Then there's the fact that the carriers themselves have installed their own data mining software on all of them.

Don't say things like that unless you have sources. Nothing you are saying makes sense.

Sent from my XT907 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
http://securitywatch.pcmag.com/malware/312575-bad-piggies-android-malware-pulled-from-google-play

That's one instance though to my knowledge the Guitar Hero 4 one was the worst. It was a carbon copy of the then 4.99 game complete with game and all but when downloaded, you'd be sent expensive text messages without warning if you had any sort of card on file.

They got pulled though and aren't there anymore so whats your point? You must have some type of problem. You are determined to find something bad in android. It must hurt you that windows phone is still the 4th is in the U.S. and still has not picked up that much steam after almost 3 years in the marketplace. I have always rooted for windows phone, but some of you "fanboys" (first time ever using the word) paint a worse image for your selves and the OS as a whole. Why would I be part of a following who try to find the worst in other Operating Systems instead of having good conversations that are intellectually profound. You are determined for some unknown reason to try to prove that android is a malware virus playpen. Its not fortunately and I have never had a problem yet. I have owned 4 android phones in 2 years and never run into malware or virus because its not a problem like people like you think.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
It's not a problem for people who are knowledgeable when it pertains to phones. What about the other 99% of android users? My ex got malware that charged us $49 a month on our phone bill on her old android phone. This was from downloading a recipes app which she only once launched and never signed up for anything from the play store.

I have no trouble finding things wrong with Android. It's a buggy, ill-optimized system that still suffers from lag, malware, inconsistency and fragmentation. I was a hardcore android user from the g1 and still own a nexus 4 (had an HTC One a few weeks ago, got rid of it though it was likely the smoothest behind the nexus 4. I just don't like HTC build quality) and I'll always give every OS a fair chance but until I feel I can rely on an android phone and until the user experience is at least okay, I stand by my position. I was sorely disappointed when both of my top-end android phones couldn't play some of the games I wanted.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
It's not a problem for people who are knowledgeable when it pertains to phones. What about the other 99% of android users? My ex got malware that charged us $49 a month on our phone bill on her old android phone. This was from downloading a recipes app which she only once launched and never signed up for anything from the play store.

I have no trouble finding things wrong with Android. It's a buggy, ill-optimized system that still suffers from lag, malware, inconsistency and fragmentation. I was a hardcore android user from the g1 and still own a nexus 4 (had an HTC One a few weeks ago, got rid of it though it was likely the smoothest behind the nexus 4. I just don't like HTC build quality) and I'll always give every OS a fair chance but until I feel I can rely on an android phone and until the user experience is at least okay, I stand by my position. I was sorely disappointed when both of my top-end android phones couldn't play some of the games I wanted.

Whatever personal problems you have with android get over it. Its an operating system made for everyone. Any normal person who uses it does not have the problems you have because they don't care. No matter the problems toy say android may have there are literally millions of others who don't have a problem with it. They would still prefer android over windows phone because if its large ecosystem and the fact that android has every app you can want on the platform. That's all that matters to the normal consumer, not malware, not inconsistency, not lag. Its the damn apps like it has always been from the beginning. That why android is so large and in charge. Until windows phone has the major apps like android, the people will continue to ignore windows phone or even blackberry.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Good that they are gets smarrpgones in everyone's hands. And antivirus apps aren't needed at all, like seriously you don't need one. That needs to die. Android has not needed an antivirus app. It'd just a precaution to keep an eye on malicious apps.

so then why is antivirus and malware protection in top apps in play store? Paranoia?...lol come on.

http://apkgalaxy.com/android-news/a...op-500-google-play-apps-deemed-high-risk.html

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Whatever personal problems you have with android get over it. Its an operating system made for everyone. Any normal person who uses it does not have the problems you have because they don't care. No matter the problems toy say android may have there are literally millions of others who don't have a problem with it. They would still prefer android over windows phone because if its large ecosystem and the fact that android has every app you can want on the platform. That's all that matters to the normal consumer, not malware, not inconsistency, not lag. Its the damn apps like it has always been from the beginning. That why android is so large and in charge. Until windows phone has the major apps like android, the people will continue to ignore windows phone or even blackberry.

Not that you need permission to post your opinion,but why are you on a windows phone forum?...to defend your extremely successful os?....why not go to the Droid forums and brag instead of finding it your 'duty' to protect os from a bad name here?....
Its quite hilarious how many android fans keep coming to this forum...if our os is no competition why do you care??...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720