Nokia let go off it's all other business to focus on smartphones ( as for exAmple : display section was sold to view sonic)..had it not done that could it save the company during this crisis?
    I mean look at Samsung..it makes refrigerators, air conditioners,PCs, laptops, storage devices etc Etc..even if it's mobile business gets doomed they won't be in a condition like nokia!
    And we are seeing that the networking division(NSN) is helping the company in counting profits..
    So what you guys think?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2
    06-23-2013 07:29 AM
    Nokia are not in crisis anymore though. They were in 2011, but not now. The lumia brand is massive. They have the developing nations like India and brazil tied up with the 520 and they get a billion per year from MS.

If they were in danger then MS would just buy them. All indications are that they are doing very well now.

Granted there are lots of scaremongering articles in certain papers, but there no facts. There is nothing specifically saying anything. And as siemens is in trouble, i would hazzard a guess that its the joint venture that's in trouble. Not Nokia.

I wish people would drop these chicken little alarmist stories.

Wait until there are facts.
    In Limbo, Jazmac, WP8fan and 1 others like this.
    06-23-2013 07:35 AM
    Edit, just noticed its you.

Yeah you are totally right. Nokia is doomed.

(don't bite people, hes trolling)
    Bartdog and In Limbo like this.
    06-23-2013 07:37 AM
    I think I saw you posting somewhere else on this, not sure. Anyway I can actually prove that Windows phone is indeed improving and Nokia is not going anywhere.

Last year one of my friends released a windows phone app and got approximately 100 downloads in the first 3 days whereas on Android he got 1000 which is a huge gap.

Now when I released my app the first 3 days have seen around 300 downloads, this might be due to app differences but he too had good quality apps(he had to unpublish since windows phone was very poor in Jan 2012).
    But as market place I consider windows phone to be growing very fast and Nokia is certainly doing its bit. Nokia is out of trouble if you ask me and the users are increasing a lot. Even my friends all now consider Windows phone along with devices like Galaxy Grand, Galaxy S4 etc ..
    06-23-2013 07:41 AM
    Edit was due to typos..

Could you stop bothering me?? If you don't like what I post stop reading them and plz don't be a pain in the ***..It's a forum and not "your blog"..nobody except you feels so coz your thoughts clash with mine..crazy guy huh!!

I think I saw you posting somewhere else on this, not sure.
    No my friends this is my only post:)

I

Last year one of my friends released a windows phone app and got approximately 100 downloads in the first 3 days whereas on Android he got 1000 which is a huge gap.

Now when I released my app the first 3 days have seen around 300 downloads, this might be due to app differences but he too had good quality apps(he had to unpublish since windows phone was very poor in Jan 2012).
    That's cool and I wish you good luck..could you name the apps so I could get 'em if they are my types?:)

There should be an option of DISLIKING posts or rather HATING them badly

Last edited by Dave Blake; 06-24-2013 at 10:18 PM.
    06-23-2013 07:47 AM
    There should be an option of DISLIKING posts or rather HATING them badly

My problem is tthat your trolling, and as the community is growing so fast. The first thing people are going to see is your continued posts shouting doom.

As i keep saying, wait for evidence. Please stop spreading lies. Nokia is not being broken up. If you hate wp this much. Just leave. But please, stop spreading sensationalist lies.

Edit was due to typos..

IM dislexic. But thanks.
    Last edited by Dave Blake; 06-24-2013 at 10:20 PM.
    WP8fan likes this.
    06-23-2013 08:12 AM
    They were in 2011, but not now. The lumia brand is massive. They have the developing nations like India and brazil tied up with the 520 and they get a billion per year from MS.

If they were in danger then MS would just buy them. All indications are that they are doing very well now.
    Agreed..even on a single site like eBay.in I see 520s sell off in '2 digits' everyday

The first thing people are going to see is your continued posts shouting doom.
    Agreed

Last edited by Dave Blake; 06-24-2013 at 10:21 PM.
    06-23-2013 08:15 AM
    First time in history I've witnessed troll admittance.
    Oliver Newell likes this.
    06-23-2013 08:20 AM
    First time in history I've witnessed troll admittance.
    Lol I forgot to remove that part..which I did now:D

When I am commented at by kellzea I feel as if I am talking to bill gates:D

My problem is tthat your trolling, and as the community is growing so fast. Please stop spreading lies. Nokia is not being broken up. If you hate wp this much. Just leave. But please, stop spreading sensationalist lies.
    Totally disagreed..I took the good points of all the 3 OSes and just mentioned what I felt on using a lumia..before saying another word plz check my other posts and then say that I am trolling..it's not like if you are fed up I start to troll!!
    I quit!!

Last edited by Dave Blake; 06-24-2013 at 10:22 PM.
    06-23-2013 08:21 AM
    If you're posting the same things over and over then it would at least be considered spam.

I don't see Nokia doing poorly, I mean they're just about to announce another new phone within two months of their last announcement. If they were doing poorly they would be making one or two phones a year and hinging everything on them (see HTC).
    06-23-2013 08:39 AM
    If you're posting the same things over and over then it would at least be considered spam.

I said already That I didn't repeat
    *speechless*

I don't see Nokia doing poorly, I mean they're just about to announce another new phone within two months of their last announcement. If they were doing poorly they would be making one or two phones a year and hinging everything on them (see HTC).
    Yeah I see that..what I said was something different..like other sections of the company could be a good backup when 1 section is struggling:)
    Actually hardware is great(lumia) but os needs to improve a bit faster:)

Last edited by Dave Blake; 06-24-2013 at 10:22 PM.
    06-23-2013 08:42 AM
    The OS is getting updates faster than any other OS on the market, so I don't know where that comment came from.

Other divisions would have been good to hold onto if they were making money. If not, then streamlining and focusing is better.

To put this in perspective if you owned a juice stand that sold orange juice and lemonade, but you never sold anything but lemonade (due to demand), pretty soon you'd stop making the orange juice and focus on lemonade. You could put the money you were spending on oranges towards buying lemons instead. Does that make sense?
    06-23-2013 08:49 AM
    Lol I forgot to remove that part..which I did now:D

Lets shake hands and make up? I think we have both taken each other out of context.

I think we can both agree that WP rules but has room for improvement. We are, after all, both on the same team.
    06-23-2013 08:49 AM
    Lets shake hands and make up? I think we have both taken each other out of context.

I think we can both agree that WP rules but has room for improvement. We are, after all, both on the same team.
    Yeah you are right..and I am absolutely no hater of anything:)..
    It does have the potential to compete not iOS and android..once they get good video players and tonnes of games I am sure to get a lumia;)
    I even got the live tiles theme on my apple(such a big fan)
    Sorry mate for screwing up :) *shakes hands*
    P.S : I am a gaming freak

06-23-2013 08:57 AM
    They do still own Navteq that they bought for 7 billion back in 2007 and they own half of NSN still and possibly will buy the second half. They haven't sold any of their core assets of the Nokia we know.

In the 90's they made pretty much anything from TV's, amps, rubber, computers to NMT phones. They sold all that off as they were taking heavy losses and in the 90's decided to go all out for GSM that they had been developing with European GSM group. GSM became standard in Europe and later on in many places in Asia. From there on Nokia was for over 10 years among the top 4 most profitable tech companies and even shortly largest company in Europe in market value.

Nokia was close at going down back then, selling everything and going all GSM was brilliant decission by them. Nokia was relatively small player in the 90's but because of its focus it was able to become dominant in a mobile space in a such away that we wont see again. It had way much larger companies fighting against it, like Siemens, LG and Samsung before it itself grew to have 125 000 workers and 7 plants globally.
    jack6191 likes this.
    06-23-2013 12:31 PM
    I think he is right, Nokia can't just make phones and accessories. They need to make computers and tablets also. But Nokia isn't doomed.
    jack6191 likes this.
    06-23-2013 05:50 PM
    Nokia let go off it's all other business to focus on smartphones ( as for exAmple : display section was sold to view sonic)..had it not done that could it save the company during this crisis?
    I mean look at Samsung..it makes refrigerators, air conditioners,PCs, laptops, storage devices etc Etc..even if it's mobile business gets doomed they won't be in a condition like nokia!
    And we are seeing that the networking division(NSN) is helping the company in counting profits..
    So what you guys think?

ViewSonic? Nokia owned ViewSonic? I didn't know that. That was the monitor to have back in the Windows 98 days. Wow. Question, when it was sold as you say, how was ViewSonic doing when it was sold and to whom was Viewsonic largest market? If you know that is. See, I'm guessing since I didn't see them very much and most businesses I worked in were buying Dell and HP, its a division Nokia should have eliminated anyway. But I'm guessing. What do you know about how they were doing?
    06-23-2013 08:42 PM
    If only Nokia made fridges, washing machines & ovens like LG, they'd be all good LOL
    jack6191 likes this.
    06-23-2013 09:00 PM
    ViewSonic? Nokia owned ViewSonic? I didn't know that. That was the monitor to have back in the Windows 98 days. Wow. Question, when it was sold as you say, how was ViewSonic doing when it was sold and to whom was Viewsonic largest market? If you know that is. See, I'm guessing since I didn't see them very much and most businesses I worked in were buying Dell and HP, its a division Nokia should have eliminated anyway. But I'm guessing. What do you know about how they were doing?
    Yes I understand..I didn't really think of the other aspects about how well they were doing when they let them go..thanks for enlightening the other side :)

I do know that with the huge patent portfolio Nokia is not easy to face a defeat :)

Last edited by Dave Blake; 06-24-2013 at 10:23 PM.
    06-24-2013 03:56 AM
    Viewsonic wasn't owned by Nokia, AFAIK. What the OP was saying was that Nokia's display division was sold TO Viewsonic. I must admit, I didn't know that part either. Wish Nokia branched out a bit more--then they would have more revenue to support R&D to bring us better stuff...at least, that's how it would work in a perfect world :)
    jack6191 likes this.
    06-24-2013 10:01 AM
    Nokia is not just cell phones. They do have other divisions:

http://www.results.nokia.com/results...lts2013Q1e.pdf
    06-24-2013 12:41 PM

You know what I mean...
    06-24-2013 01:01 PM

Nokia used to make Television sets, sort of. They made with in collaboration with a finish company called Finlux during the 70's and 80's. There philosophy was to produce TV of high quality, long lasting and durable, much like Nokia handsets today.

Finlux has recently come back into the limelight again, this time owned by a Turkish company called Vestle. They are made in Turkey and their product strategy is high quality, well made TV's which they test to destruction, but also extremely good value. They undercut Samsung and LG TV's by nearly 50%. They sell them in the UK and EU. Very attractive TV's.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-24-2013 06:05 PM
    This thread is a mess.

Thread Closed
    unstoppablekem and Kellzea like this.
    06-24-2013 10:50 PM