HTC(BYOP) VS. Nokia(Contract)

mjaiteh

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
So I have a dilemma:

The Facts
I am currently an owner of the HTC Radar 4g(Windows 7.8) on a $40/month simple mobile unlimited everything plan, but I'm looking to upgrade.
I am pleased with my carrier, and I nearly always get 4g speeds and have great coverage with optional wi-fi sharing, I also get T-mobile TV.

The Opinions
From what I've read, it seems that Nokia Windows Phones are better than HTC windows phones, in almost every important aspect: specs, design, and OEM applications.

The Issues
1. My simple mobile plan is a no contract BYOP(bring your own phone plan) so I would have to settle for the high retail costs of phones.
2. If I stick with my carrier I might not be able to get a Nokia windows phone because it seems there is no Nokia Windows phone that supports simple mobile's service. HTC does through the HTC Connection Application.
3. The latest HTC phone release is the HTC 8X, and although it can be bought inexpensively it will become out of date fairly quickly.
4. I am willing to switch to a different carrier, but I am not willing to spend over $50(slight wiggle room) a month, and would like to keep my data, txting, but I do not need too many minutes.

My Question
Does anyone know of a workaround that may resolve my issues?

reedsutton

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Does the Nokia Connections program allow you to update the setting you need? If not the 8X is a nice phone.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I have never had anything to do with Simple Mobile, but after glancing at their FAQ, it seems any device supporting LTE band 5 (1700 MHz) should work, like the Nokia Lumia 925, which is sold by T-Mobile. You might also be able to get that at a Microsoft store (just make sure the box they give you has the right product number. For this variant of the Lumia 925, that would be RM-893).

mjaiteh

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Does the Nokia Connections program allow you to update the setting you need? If not the 8X is a nice phone.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

I do not know of any Nokia Connections program only an HTC one, and that is why I dont think it will work.

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I got a used mint condition Lumia 920 off Craigslist for $250 and put it on at&t gophone $60 plan. Its possible to find discounted airtime pins for gophone, at least 10% or more off. There is also $40 plan with limited talk and data.

mjaiteh

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I got a used mint condition Lumia 920 off Craigslist for $250 and put it on at&t gophone $60 plan. Its possible to find discounted airtime pins for gophone, at least 10% or more off. There is also $40 plan with limited talk and data.

Thanks, I think i'll look into lumia phones on craigslist and phone plans and try to find the best combination.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes