Why do you love your Lumia??

Th3 I3LooD

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Quick! tell me why you think your Nokia Lumia is the best.

I have a Lumia 800 that I got on a two year agreement and now those two years are almost over and my trusty sidekick is preparing itself to be retired and replaced by something bigger and better.
I must say it has been a bumpy ride at times but I grew to love this little cyan coloured phone over time and it has managed to sell me on the whole windows phone ecosystem as the updates rolled in. It is tough as nails, stood the test of time and still manages to turn heads. Its successor will most definitly be a Lumia although I'm not sure which one yet.
Do you guys feel the same about your Lumia phones? what do you love most? and if your next phone will also be a Lumia... why?

:smile:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I love mine due to the build quality of Nokia and the Nokia apps.

When I needed a new device last year, I didn't know anything about Windows Phone (never used Windows Mobile either). I had been a BlackBerry user, but I used Nokia Symbian devices prior to BlackBerry. Due to my past experience with Nokia, I got my Lumia 900. It was strictly because it was a Nokia that I got it--I didn't know or care about the fact that it was Windows Phone at the time.

Now I've grown to love Windows Phone as much as I love Nokia. My next device probably won't be until next year, since my contract won't end till then, unless I'm able to figure out some way to upgrade early. However, I'm definitely staying with Nokia Lumia for my next Windows Phone.

Th3 I3LooD

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Nice! I also love Nokia's apps and use them regularly.. Nokia Drive did get me horribly lost a couple of times though but then again it also got me un-lost :eek:rly: (guess its just the South African road network that is in such a state of constant repair that the maps cant keep up)
I was exactly in the same boat as you when I got my L-800, but I used Nokia's express music phones and Sony Ericssons instead of blackberry (mainly coz I'm a muso at heart and their walkman range fit my style at the time)
I also didn't know anything about Windows Phone at the time but I figured if Microsoft makes the worlds most popular PC OS they probably wont suck too much at smartphone software.
Now I cant imagine using anything but Windows Phone, and if Nokia continues to bring out solid, sexy and polished phones like our L-800 and 900 then I'm sticking with the Finns! :angel:

Manny C

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I use a Nokia Lumia 710 running 7.8 I love it because of how efficient and smooth it is! Before this, I was running an android device that I absolutely disliked. When turning on the device, it would take a long time to turn on, up to minutes! At times, the home screen itself and the OS would be "non-responsive" and force close itself, leaving me with a blank screen and a completely unusable device. What sold me to Windows Phone was how that it worked, everytime I needed it to. Sure I've had some issues with my 710, but nothing that makes me dislike the device or even anything worth complaining about. I will be moving on to a 920 in the next month and I'll miss this device, but on to bigger and better things.
:)

Last edited:

Th3 I3LooD

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Bought my mom a 710 for Christmas and has also since updated it for her to 7.8 after I did my 800 and it is a really great phone as well and she loves it! What I like about the 710 is the rear cover and that texture it has, makes it feel more premium then samsung phones 3 times its price.

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
- Intuition
- Best UI of all major smartphone OSes (IMO). Very modern and polished.
- Buttery smooth performance
- Live tiles: Allows for easier access to the apps/features that are most important to me (this cannnot be done on iOS and is not as easy to do on Android)
- Great social network integration
- Great camera apps by Nokia
- Quality hardware

Most of that's more to do with WP8 in general rather than the Lumia range, but those are really the first things that came to mind. :D

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
While I do venture off to other platforms, I find myself being drawn back to Windows Phone everytime. And now that Nokia is really helping with developing for Windows Phone and drawing attention, it's really becoming close to being my primary driver.

- Great UI, consistent with the apps
- Notifications aren't as aggressive as they are on other platforms (do you really need to see in three places that you have a new email?)
- The three sizes of tiles are great for organizing
- Groups help to filter who I want to keep updated on
- Integrated social networks to limit opening apps
- Live tiles in general
- Office integrated

Outside of missing a couple of apps and not being able to send gifs in texts, I am mostly satisfied

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
- Intuition
- Live tiles: Allows for easier access to the apps/features that are most important to me (this cannnot be done on iOS and is not as easy to do on Android)
- Quality hardware

Most of that's more to do with WP8 in general rather than the Lumia range, but those are really the first things that came to mind. :D

My list looks pretty much the same! With the addition of Office and other Microsoft/Windows integration.

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
My list looks pretty much the same! With the addition of Office and other Microsoft/Windows integration.

Ah Office, how could I forget about that! So awesome to be able to chill downstairs writing an essay on my phone knowing that I can instantly pick up right where I left off on my computer for a more complete experience any time I want. :D

Th3 I3LooD

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I must say Office as well as Xbox integration out of the box was two of the main selling points for me... that and the awesome striking colour that I have never seen on any other phone (I have a Cyan Lumia) I did however expect office to be much more feature rich seeing as apps on android like kingsoft gives you almost the same editing options as full office on PC! But I guess the whole point of our platform is to not get bogged down with too many settings and options, smooth, fast, clean! :wink:

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I love my Lumia because it's a Lumia! :D

Xbox games, a great OS and a good price point was the main reason why i got my 520. :)

Th3 I3LooD

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Again, more windows phone then Nokia but thanks!

The 520 is a real winner and a big success for Nokia! Its the WP8 Lumia with the best sales globally and its easy to see why. It offers the best value for a full fledged WP8 device out there!

One of the girls that I work with recently got a white one and I just had to steal it away to check it out for myself and its awesome!
Didn't know they made Cyan back plates for it, can just imagine how cool those must look!

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, oddly enough the Cyan 520 was cheaper than all of the other colour's available. (Yellow, Black)

Maybe i should take some pictures of my 520. :)

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
- Intuition
- Quality hardware

D

I got a L920 and these aare the main reasons I love my Nokia.

Th3 I3LooD

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
What color is your 920? My brother got the black one but he bought a red nokia cover for it and the red looks hot hot hot, The 920 is a big phone and when its on the table next to a galaxy or anything else that popping red makes it look like a Ferrari next to some borring ford...

One of the things I like most about Nokia's Lumia line up is the bright color story! The 520 on the other hand only seems to be available in white here in South Africa and I havent seen any colour back plates for it anywhere yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb