Why do you love your Lumia??

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
What color is your 920? My brother got the black one but he bought a red nokia cover for it and the red looks hot hot hot, The 920 is a big phone and when its on the table next to a galaxy or anything else that popping red makes it look like a Ferrari next to some borring ford...

I have a black 920 and love the matte finish...just too slippery so I've got a cheap condom cover for the grips (that just sounds wrong lol)

Th3 I3LooD

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

Hi LMZR

These linkes are giving me a HTTP forbidden error! I cant access these pages, rather maybe try to shrink down the pics to a small file size and attach them to your reply directly in this thread.
If you need some help doing this please let me know and I will give you some methods to get the file size down so you can attach them.

Look forward to checking out that 520 of yours!

Th3 I3LooD

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a black 920 and love the matte finish...just too slippery so I've got a cheap condom cover for the grips (that just sounds wrong lol)

Hi Chezm

Yea I also find the 920 just a little too slippery for comfort and that cover my brother has does not help at all, if anything it makes it even more slippery! but it looks great.... does that condom cover not totally ruin the awesome style and look of your 920??
My brother used his black 920 for a couple of months without the cover and the matte black really started to grow on me.

Th3 I3LooD

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Here is some pics of my baby so long

Attachments

• 2013-07-21-285.jpg
    2013-07-21-285.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 2013-07-21-286.jpg
    2013-07-21-286.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 2013-07-21-287.jpg
    2013-07-21-287.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 5

paramsingh

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't love my Nokia lumia 925 cause it's a perfect phone running the perfect OS. Infact I love my phone because it's not perfect and it's running a OS which needs loads of serious improvement.

Don't get me wrong NL925 is a brilliant phone with an amazing camera and a beautiful smooth screen, whilst running a lag free, gorgeous windows phones OS. However, the battery life isn't the best in smartphone world, also the camera is in an awkward place (I keep placing my finger on it when I hold it). Windows phone is stunning but it lacks loads of important features and apps.

That said the WP community is the best and the most enthusiastic community out there. iOS fans only have farts apps to compare and android fans are at war with each other.

Buy your next Windows phone for us, and for the hope that one day we will have the best OS with the best hardware.

Th3 I3LooD

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the post paramsingh.

I agree with you on some points but not all. I don't like protruding camera lenses on phones like the 925 and 1020 and much prefer a flush layout, as for the positioning of the lens... is it not kind of in the same spot as most Lumias and even other phones?

Regarding Windows Phone needing "loads of serious improvement" I think that is a bit harsh, yes when it first came out that was true but then it improved with 7.5 then 7.8 and now WP8 has addressed most of the issues users wanted fixed, of course its not perfect and nothing ever is but they are improving in leaps and bounds and I do believe one day it could be the number 1 mobile OS. Oh and the app issue is (for me at least) not even an issue any more, yes there is still a couple of important ones missing, but if the last couple of months is something to go by then the app argument against WP should soon be laid to rest for good!

I agree that Nokia should really invest more in larger batteries and less in wireless charging, battery life is really bellow stellar on ALL lumias it seems.

Love your comments on IOS and Android fanboys! :grincry:

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the post paramsingh.

I agree with you on some points but not all. I don't like protruding camera lenses on phones like the 925 and 1020 and much prefer a flush layout, as for the positioning of the lens... is it not kind of in the same spot as most Lumias and even other phones?

Regarding Windows Phone needing "loads of serious improvement" I think that is a bit harsh, yes when it first came out that was true but then it improved with 7.5 then 7.8 and now WP8 has addressed most of the issues users wanted fixed, of course its not perfect and nothing ever is but they are improving in leaps and bounds and I do believe one day it could be the number 1 mobile OS. Oh and the app issue is (for me at least) not even an issue any more, yes there is still a couple of important ones missing, but if the last couple of months is something to go by then the app argument against WP should soon be laid to rest for good!

I agree that Nokia should really invest more in larger batteries and less in wireless charging, battery life is really bellow stellar on ALL lumias it seems.

Love your comments on IOS and Android fanboys! :grincry:

Lets's not pretend that WP8 is perfect though. It does actually need some serious work, and that's fact. The lack of a notification center is a big standout, as is the limited selection of apps and games plus the need to rely on third-party developers for even the most important and commonly used applications such as YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat. The lack of a Quick Settings panel and screen orientation lock are also very useful features that are present on both iOS and Android.

Moreover, the OS is filled with annoying bugs that I've heard countless others mentioned and also experience myself. The most prominent one is Facebook messages and push notifications simply not being received on the phone. Plus there's the issue of the 'Other' folder using up all your storage. Huge issues that have been present for quite some time now (as of my understanding) and still haven't been fixed.

That being said, I still am very fond of the platform and for the most part quite happy with the purchase of my Lumia. :)

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
So, I'm going to skip all the ****** nonsense and just tell my story...

I'm an IT guy, so you'd think I'd be all into cell phones and smartphones from day one, right? Not so much.

I refused to have any cell phone until late 2007. At that point, I picked up an HTC Mogul on Sprint... Windows Mobile 6.0. I really liked it. Thought it was great to have all my work email with me. Over time, I learned all there was to learn about it using reg hacks and what not (in fact, I was quite well known at PPCGeeks for my custom tweaks). I went on to have a Touch Pro 1 (hated it) and a Touch Pro 2 (liked it). Around that time, it was announced that Windows Mobile was "done", so I decided to go Android for a while and picked up an HTC EVO (noticing a trend here with HTC?).

The EVO was a great piece of hardware, but I constantly had trouble with the Android OS and in particular the firmware releases kept getting buggier and buggier. I also HATED the bloatware, so I ended up rooting it and doing customer ROMs and the like. Unfortunately, the experience just annoyed me more than anything.

You see, as a tech guy... I LOVE to tinker and tweak things, but I like doing to make things BETTER and FASTER, not to make them work properly. So after almost a year, Windows Phone was ready to go Mango. I picked up an HTC Arrive just in time to get the Mango update. That was awesome, but the hardware sucked... small screen and awkward keyboard and low processor specs were frustrating. I stuck with it though until HTC announced the Titan... on AT&T. Frustrated with the Arrive hardware AND the Sprint network, I switched. Picked up Titan over Thanksgiving for Amazon's Penny sale.

The Titan was a very good phone but had some glitches with hardware, and on top of it... whether we blame HTC or AT&T or both, it NEVER received an update. Not once.

Last September I went to NYC to the Nokia Lumia 920 launch party. It was a big deal, I was treated like a VIP (ie. given several freebie gifts) because of driving so far for the event yada-yada. Well, given the quality of the phone when I played with it there and the treatment, I picked it up on launch day last November.

Now this is the part you might think I'm a ****** for Nokia... being bribed and such... but not really. Regardless of what shortcomings there are (like lame speaker volume, FFC dust issues others have had, and flaky battery performance at times-- which are really AT&T's LTE issues more than anything), Nokia does an amazing job of supporting and growing the platform. Far more than HTC or Samsung are doing (and we all know why... Google is strong-arming them). In fact, Microsoft needs Nokia far more than Nokia needs Microsoft in this arrangement.

The truth is, I'm always a Microsoft supporter, and until I see a reason not to be, I'm also a big Nokia advocate. They're a great partner for Microsoft. Great hardware, great platform, and again-- in spite of shortcomings, they are going to conquer this war over time. It's just what Microsoft does. Although I hate it, there's a reason Microsoft is being quiet. They come out, learn from their mistakes, and they come out with a "fixed" release that's missing enough to interest us but frustrate us too... and then there's Version 3. Version 3 is where things change. Windows Phone 8 is version 3... and just like Windows 8, it's beginning to take off. But it's gonna be 3.1 that really seals the deal, I think... and I hope. History suggests I'll be right, but let's see what happens...

Th3 I3LooD

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the post Junaid96 but I feel like we are losing track of what this thread is suppose to be about... Nokia Lumia phones! not Windows phone OS and what is wrong with it...

Yes like I mentioned a couple of times now in this thread alone, the OS is not perfect and I never "pretended" that it is!
there is still a lot of work to be done to get it up to par with the likes of Android, but there is no doubt Microsoft is picking up some momentum in resolving these issues. I believe they could have resolved all the major issues you mentioned already but they dont just want to do it the way Android and IOS does it, they want it to be different, unique and well.... better... and that takes a bit more time. that said I am sure all these issues will be sorted before this time next year and then we will have (again my personal opinion) not only the best looking and best performing OS on our phones but also the most complete.

Th3 I3LooD

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Great post GoodThings2Life

You and I are similar in many ways and I agree 100% and being happy with a product does not make you a ******.

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the post Junaid96 but I feel like we are losing track of what this thread is suppose to be about... Nokia Lumia phones! not Windows phone OS and what is wrong with it...

Yes like I mentioned a couple of times now in this thread alone, the OS is not perfect and I never "pretended" that it is!
there is still a lot of work to be done to get it up to par with the likes of Android, but there is no doubt Microsoft is picking up some momentum in resolving these issues. I believe they could have resolved all the major issues you mentioned already but they dont just want to do it the way Android and IOS does it, they want it to be different, unique and well.... better... and that takes a bit more time. that said I am sure all these issues will be sorted before this time next year and then we will have (again my personal opinion) not only the best looking and best performing OS on our phones but also the most complete.

Haha don't get me wrong mate, I'm still a big fan of WP as a whole. Just thought I'd point out the fact that it still has plenty of room for improvement. :D

Honestly, I think WP has the potential to be head and shoulders above its competition (and probably will be in a few years) but just isn't quite there yet due to its unaddressed bugs and lack of certain important features. It does a great job of providing a simple and intuitive interface, while not being overly boring or basic - something that neither Android nor iOS have truly conquered yet - and also gives us some great additional tools and features seen on no other OS. It's just lacking in some very important aspects which, until addressed, will prevent WP from being truly deemed as the most complete and best performing OS out there.

But anyway, I think I should shut up now and let this thread run its intended course. XD

Th3 I3LooD

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I agree fully with everything you say, but i dont think it will take years, maby a year and a couple of months, but like I said they are gaining momentum and if they stay on track and keep listening to their users it will happen.

You have to also remember that every smartphone user has a totally different experience and use their devices for different things, some people couldn't care less about a official youtube app as there are some great 3rd party ones that do the job just as well if not better, Some people will be perfectly satisfied while others will not.
As for the bugs, I agree they need to be sorted out before WP can hope to truly compete with IOS and Android, and things like a notification center and quick settings menu are really a must have, but I believe it will all come together soon.

OK so can we now please get back to WHY YOU LOVE YOUR NOKIA LUMIA PHONE!! :eek:rly:

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Why I love my Nokia Lumia 925:
  1. Nokia build quality noticably better than the HTC devices we have (HTC not bad, though)
  2. Windows Phone 8 (I was on WP7.5)
  3. Good photo quality, though there is a minor learning curve if you want to take advantage of all features (lots of features)
  4. Supports all the Gs up through LTE
  5. WiFi calling--not perfect, but worked pretty well when I was in an area with spotty cell coverage (I used WiFi Only mode)
  6. Nokia collection in the Store is extensive

Much as I love my phone, there have been few rough edges
  1. It is TMobile's best-kept secret. Why they won't actively promote their best phone is beyond me
  2. I wish it had 32GB of storage, though for now 16GB seems to be OK
  3. WiFi calling isn't as rock solid as it could be, but when it works voice and SMS works as well or better as standard cell service
  4. Tethering hasn't worked so well (near flawless on my HD7). I am investigating what I need to do to make it work better

Update:

1. I figured out tethering. Go to Settings > Cellular: Set For limited Wi-Fi connectivity to Use cellular data

Last edited:

Th3 I3LooD

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Nice!

All though I don’t like the camera hump on the back of the 925, after I closelyexamined photos of it in 360 degrees the protrusion doesn’t seem as bad as Ifirst thought.

It must be great knowing you sport the only metal Lumia out there at themoment! it certainly is a great looking device just like all Lumias but themetal just gives it that something extra.
Unfortunately I have not had the pleasure of handling one myself as they areSTILL not available here in South Africa but will definitely have to check itout as soon as it is!

Do you use yours with or without a cover?

B1zzle

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I love my 1020 because it t pushes boundaries and relieves us from the stagnant sea of smartphone numbness and takes *********** Awesome photos.

Th3 I3LooD

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I love my 1020 because it t pushes boundaries and relieves us from the stagnant sea of smartphone numbness and takes *********** Awesome photos.

Hi B1zzle and welcome to the world of Windows Phone!

Boy did you choose a device for your first endeavor into our ecosystem! Love your article! Love your style! But most of all I love your CAT!! LOL

What color 1020 did you choose? go ahead and update us on how your experience with Lumia and Windows Phone is going now that you've had some more time to grow in to it.
Any queries or dislikes yet? Anything you would change or add? Missing Android yet??

Please post some pics of that monster you have straight in to the thread if you don’t mind and make us even more envious!:winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb