Please see Link

Nokia Lumia 1020 vs iPhone 5 in must own showdown Phone Reviews

THEN B!TCH ABOUT IT.
    Last edited by styme; 07-22-2013 at 12:35 PM.
    07-22-2013 12:19 PM
    Wow. What a biased author. He had to really struggle to find one positive note for the IPhone (apps) and still stated its a difficult choice between the two. I think he purposely left out the most damming thing against the IPhone, the price.
    07-22-2013 12:33 PM
    That was a short comparison, I would wait for other site to make reviews when the phone is released then these previews.
    07-22-2013 12:37 PM
    The Nokia Lumia supports Adobe Flash
    Huh?
    07-22-2013 01:24 PM
    This is an absurd article, we shouldn't even been linked to it. The Lumia does not support Adobe Flash.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    07-22-2013 01:35 PM
    If he's going to mention FaceTime as a plus for the iPhone camera, might as well mention Skype for the Lumia.

Not that this "review" was overly biased (it was more of a feature comparison than an actual review), I'm still looking forward to a non-partisan review of the 1020 (even though I'll already have one in-hand when that happens). I'll be curious to see if we can even find one in this Apple-centric iTinted media circus (people seem to be still kissing the corpse's ***). Everyone seems to have too much money tied-up in Apple stock to give an honest comparison/review of the hardware/software/user experience.
    07-23-2013 08:32 AM
    The current release of Skype, especially on WP, is pitiful compared to Facetime. Sad but true. Anyone that hasn't used Facetime may not know what they are missing.
    dgr_874 and FinancialP like this.
    07-23-2013 08:41 AM
    Good luck finding a non-partisan review. I'll go ahead and just sum up what every major tech site is going to say:

"The Nokia Lumia 1020 is an amazing piece of hardware with solid construction, and a camera that is head and shoulders above competition. As always, Windows Phone 8 is fast, fluid, and nice to use, BUT IT TOTALLY SUCKS BECAUSE THERE ARE NO APPS!. Seriously, where are the apps? Microsoft sucks. AppsAppsAppsAppsAppsAppsAppsAppsAppsAppsAppsAppsAppsAppsAppsApps.

Overall I really loved the phone, but since there's like zero apps on it, I can't recommend it. Nokia should put Android on this thing. I give it a -5.5/10.

Apps."

The end.
    07-23-2013 08:41 AM
    The current release of Skype, especially on WP, is pitiful compared to Facetime. Sad but true. Anyone that hasn't used Facetime may not know what they are missing.
    How about Viber ? - something wrong with Viber ?
    07-23-2013 08:54 AM
    Or Google Hangouts...my group of friends will use this to video chat. It works cross-platform too as long as you install Chrome and we've done multiple person video chats no problem. Not sure how good Facetime is now days, but I haven't had any hiccups.
    07-23-2013 09:28 AM
    Good luck finding a non-partisan review. I'll go ahead and just sum up what every major tech site is going to say:

"The Nokia Lumia 1020 is an amazing piece of hardware with solid construction, and a camera that is head and shoulders above competition. As always, Windows Phone 8 is fast, fluid, and nice to use, BUT IT TOTALLY SUCKS BECAUSE THERE ARE NO APPS!. Seriously, where are the apps? Microsoft sucks. AppsAppsAppsAppsAppsAppsAppsAppsAppsAppsAppsAppsAppsAppsAppsApps.

Overall I really loved the phone, but since there's like zero apps on it, I can't recommend it. Nokia should put Android on this thing. I give it a -5.5/10.

Apps."

The end.
    This is just way too harsh. Some specialized apps can't be found on Windows Phone, but i'd say 80% of the apps I use i've found a replacement for. That number will probably rise as I use the phone and find alternatives. There is one place where the lack of apps is apparent though, thats video games.
    07-23-2013 09:34 AM
    How about Viber ? - something wrong with Viber ?
    I think Facetime gets extra points because of the way it's integrated with iOS. If Skype ever gets integrated into WP like we all hope it will then it will have a huge leg up on Facetime, but as of now it's just another half-baked app that's inferior to the versions on the other OSs.
    LeLee092 likes this.
    07-23-2013 09:41 AM
    This is just way too harsh. Some specialized apps can't be found on Windows Phone, but i'd say 80% of the apps I use i've found a replacement for. That number will probably rise as I use the phone and find alternatives. There is one place where the lack of apps is apparent though, thats video games.
    Believe me, I understand what you're saying and I completely agree, but unfortunately this is how the tech media reacts to new Windows Phones. :(
    07-23-2013 09:44 AM
    I think Facetime gets extra points because of the way it's integrated with iOS. If Skype ever gets integrated into WP like we all hope it will then it will have a huge leg up on Facetime, but as of now it's just another half-baked app that's inferior to the versions on the other OSs.
    Half-baked app ? - well, it sounds like marketing propaganda of a certain company. Honestly, I like more freedom to chose - I do not care if they integrate Skype in a near future (no points from that). I will still use an app, some I prefer based on my own experiences ...
    07-23-2013 11:24 AM
    Half-baked app ? - well, it sounds like marketing propaganda of a certain company. Honestly, I like more freedom to chose - I do not care if they integrate Skype in a near future (no points from that). I will still use an app, some I prefer based on my own experiences ...
    I mean, it's a fact that the WP version of Skype has less features than other versions. That can't really be argued...

A lot of Apple hype is definitely based on marketing propaganda, but Facetime is actually pretty legit in my experience. Whether it be integration or an app, Windows Phone needs something that can work as flawlessly as Facetime does on iDevices.
    07-23-2013 11:58 AM
    I mean, it's a fact that the WP version of Skype has less features than other versions. That can't really be argued...

A lot of Apple hype is definitely based on marketing propaganda, but Facetime is actually pretty legit in my experience. Whether it be integration or an app, Windows Phone needs something that can work as flawlessly as Facetime does on iDevices.
    It's not just the WP version of Skype then...the Android version is pretty bad also. I used to use it on iOS to play League of Legends with friends, on the Android version I get constant disconnects, drives my teammates crazy.
    07-23-2013 12:08 PM

Yes, Face Time feels like what the future was supposed to be. iChat is another example of what works great on an iPhone. Skype could take that on but it's chat client, well, kind of sucks. Perhaps it's just patents holding things back?

I'd be happy with if Skype could at least show notifications integrated to the pinned contacts but everything about it feels half baked as of now. I hope it gets better.

As for the alternatives, Skype seems to be on everyones phone. Which makes it a nice cross platform choice. Most people I know seem to be going from iPhones to Samsung S4s. So perhaps the google alternatives would be a good choice?
    07-23-2013 12:41 PM
    I feel like these articles feels like watching an episode of Jersey Shores...
    07-23-2013 08:57 PM
    This is a crappy comparison to even make. A late-July 2013 device shouldn't be compared to a September 2012 one, plain and simple. Any article comparing these devices is a complete waste of Internet.
    07-23-2013 11:42 PM
    It really is a pointless article. It also annoys me when these tech bloggers refer to the high number of apps in the Apple app store but neglect to mention that the majority of those apps are classified as "Zombie" apps, which means they never or hardly ever get downloaded which makes them redundant. Most people would be surprised at the amount of Zombie apps there actually are and the current estimate puts that figure somewhere in the region of two thirds of the total app count in the Apple store.

BBC News - App Store 'full of zombies' claim on Apple anniversary
    07-24-2013 07:16 AM
    This is an absurd article, we shouldn't even been linked to it. The Lumia does not support Adobe Flash.

this is probably a dum question and i apologise for that..why doesnt the lumia support flash?
    07-24-2013 07:54 AM
    this is probably a dum question and i apologise for that..why doesnt the lumia support flash?
    There is no adobe flash support for mobile browsers.
    http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations...ash-focus.html
    shane francis likes this.
    07-24-2013 08:32 AM
    The Nokia Lumia comes with 5.2x higher resolution front camera, comes with NFC, OLED would use less power, supports FM radio, battery is larger, screen is bigger, the processor is around 15% faster, resolution is higher than the iPhone 5, and the 1020 comes with more RAM.
    Oh and it runs WP8 instead of iOS. There's a plus.

And yes, this article is crazy sauce.
    07-31-2013 11:54 PM