8X or 720 or ATIV S

maszyna

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I need an advice. I've been searching a lot through the net and still can't decide. I'm choosing my 1st smartphone (right now I'm on a Nokia E71 which is slowly dying after nearly 5 years) and still can't decide. So the most important thing for me is the build quality and durability of the phone - I'm bit clumsy and don't paying much attention to the stuff. Second thing is the GPS/maps (yes I know I can buy Nokia Here for 40$ if I'll not choose top-shelf Nokia) and last but not least - the support. SD cards/RAM/GHz is the stuff I don't care much - this will be a phone, not a swiss-army knife. As you can see I'm typing a lot (qwerty, yeah!) and using my phone mainly for business/contacts.

Much appreciate your help.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
For durability, I'd choose between the 720 and Ativ. The 8X design looks the best but it makes it easier to break and scratch. It also has a discoloration issue and the soft coating chips away after awhile. (I have one, no damage or scratches tho)

The Ativ is the only one with an SD card.

Nokia has THE BEST SUPPORT! Always have updated their phones for better performance and add extra features.

WP8 has 36 months of support from MS. Starting when wp8 was released.

NTUser

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
720, because not by Samsuck or HTC.

I've had negative experience with both of those OEMs. Honestly I don't think you can go wrong with a Lumia, but I don't have much experience with WP devices specifically.

So the most important thing for me is the build quality and durability of the phone - I'm bit clumsy and don't paying much attention to the stuff.

It's made by Nokia, enough said. ;) I'd still recommend getting a case for whatever phone you get, there are recommendations in their respective forums.

Last edited:

ParoleGA

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I wouldn't buy a WP that wasn't Nokia, right now. HTC and Samsung are barely dipping their toes in the ecosystem, currently. Nokia will rise or fall with the OS, so have far more motivation to support it, and no where else to invest their resources.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, as nice as the other devices are, Nokia is on its way to becoming THE manufacture of Windows Phone devices - I wouldn't purchase a non-Nokia device.

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Even though I am a big Nokia fan, I think the ATIV S is a better phone than the 720. If those were my only three choices, I'd get the ATIV S cause I know I can get the HERE maps with it and the specs are better all around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo