08-06-2013 12:13 AM
62 123
tools
    I had the Z10 in house and I expected this phone was going to live up to the hype right out the box but not even close. Some of its features are "worthy" but as a device, yeech. I could not and would not recommend it. It takes a bit to get your arms around and once you do, you can get on with it but for me, it was flat annoying to use and it never got better. BTW, Flash doesn't kill IE10. It can't. Unless 90 percent of web IS flash based. But since Flash on cell phones is a dead preposition it'll not beat IE10.
    Now the Q10 is probably a good utility phone especially for geezers that insist on physical buttons. The buttons on the Q10 are larger and it still has the gestures the Z10 has. Somehow though, Q10 is more "Blackberry" than the Z10. What RIM did with it finally makes sense than what they were faking it with the Bold. Anyway, on the topic, go with the 925. It is far and away a better representative to where the technology is headed. The Blackberry will be the product of Wiki stories and thats about it.
    Ian Too likes this.
    08-03-2013 12:51 PM
    Thanks. One thing that I'm missing from WP8 as I'm using the Z10 (Been using it all week) is toast notifications. I know it's just a different philosophy between the two OS's but I was browsing the 'net on my Z10 and the phone vibrated. It was a text message but I had no clue at all. On WP8 I would have a toast that I could either ignore, swipe away right away, or tap on to reply. On the Z10 I have to do the peek gesture, which does tell me right away what could possibly be new. If I want to do any action on it, I need to complete the gesture to get into the hub. However, that presents the same problem I spoke in my previous post. Once I'm in the hub, I'm to the spot I last was, so it might be a few extra steps to get to the text message.

Now, give the Z10 a toast like popup and we are getting somewhere.

I'd suggest to install the latest OS leak, 10.2.0.1047. It has toast notifications, lock screen previews, new Android runtime and phenomenal battery life.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-835026/
    08-03-2013 08:07 PM
    Posts like these amuse me. The OP will never get anything objective in a WP forumn or a BB forumn. Its just the nature of the beast for each particular forumn. Forgive me as I continue in my amusement... I've done research and found that those that answer fall into certain categories.

1. Fanatics 45% Those that see the product not only as value but as the only option. Know all there is to know about their product of choice and the negatives of others. Probably has not tried the competition and will fight tooth and nail to keep their investment on top or relevant. (A small percentage of these also turn into #5 for other forumns)

2. Appreciators 35% Those who see value in their purchase, have done some research and like the product better and think others should know about the experience.

3. Uncommitted 10% Those who do not really have a dog in the fight, and try to seem above the question. May even carry and attempt to sell both handsets. (Still hard to believe that one would actually want to buy apps in two different markets) These people scare me the most because I cant understand them:)

4. Detractors 5% Those who did not like the experience, and want others to know about it.

5. Demagogues 5% Those who probably have not tried the experience, the extreme haters who abhor the competition so fiercely that they sit on the boards of the OS that they hate just to put it down. (Most of these individuals are type #1 in their forumn of choice.)

And even if the question amuses me so, I always get caught and respond to the original question.

1. Office Suite
    2. Nokia and Xbox Music
    3. Camera better on 925 than Z10
    4. Native app selection is richer on 925 than Z10

By the way, next time anyone asks this question, I think responders should go ahead and divulge to which category they reside. Solid 2 here! I've tried the top 2 platforms and like the WP experience better. I've done some research to be dangerous but don't have the time or patience to hawk forumns or debate anyone:)

/Amusement
    Last edited by CSJr1; 08-04-2013 at 03:21 PM.
    maj71303 likes this.
    08-04-2013 12:17 AM
    Tried the Z10, it seemed like it was trying to be too clever for the sake of being different. Didn't like it. Although I did like the phone itself, it did have a great screen.

The OS, not so much.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    08-04-2013 03:02 AM
    Next time try to maybe get over your amusement and extensive research and actually READ the OP properly first! He is interested in getting a Lumia 925 NOT a 928 (two very different devices) and I am pretty sure he doesn't give a S#&T about your made up and totally unhelpful not to mention useless statistics on forum members!

You probably just wanted to sound smarter then you are but.... Fail dude...fail :P
    08-04-2013 05:06 AM
    ^^^

You took my post way too seriously, it was in the spirit of fun. I will not hide 4 letter words in my response, argue with you, or explain my education credentials. But, I will thank you for pointing out that I made a slip with 925/928 and have corrected that. Win! <- (A word I find much more empowering than the youth generational negativity of 'fail')
    Microsoftjunkie likes this.
    08-04-2013 03:38 PM
    Good for you dude! Sorry for being so harsh, I'm not an a$$hole all the time, just remember people don't usually respond to a person blowing his or her own horn and trying to school others with their superior education/wisdom well.

What help is all that statistical nonsense about forum participants to him or anyone else on this thread?

Just stick to the point and give your opinion/advice.... You are obviously a awesome dude and I do respect you, nothing personal bro!
    08-04-2013 04:39 PM
    Your apology is unnecessary. I made no assumptions about your character towards me and have been through and seen too much to feel offended by your post. My retort was to state out that my first post on this subject should not have been taken with any seriousness at all. It seems I did not do a good job of making that point.

The nonsensical statistics were just that.. Made up for a point of levity. There was no scientific research done.

However, until a moderator deems my attempt at levity to be unwarranted or unwelcomed, I will exercise my own judgment on when, where and if I use it in further posts as long as I bring a meaningful response to the OP. And speaking of such, this will be my last post on this tangent as it is detracting from the original thread.

Have a great day!
    Th3 I3LooD likes this.
    08-04-2013 05:41 PM
    I'd suggest to install the latest OS leak, 10.2.0.1047. It has toast notifications, lock screen previews, new Android runtime and phenomenal battery life.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-835026/
    Thanks. I might check that out. I'm about to do a BB10 rollout so I need to run the same OS that my end users are going to run. I do have a spare Z10 that I might have to flash. And since we use Verizon, I expect we won't see an official 10.2 for a year.
    08-05-2013 11:51 AM
    If you swipe by starting off the screen like you are supposed to, it doesn't count the space bar.

I have to say you are the first person I have heard say that the gestures are useless. Some love them (me) and some don't, but I would hardly call them a waste of time.
    Must have never seen or touched a webOS phone if he/she feels that way about swipes. I agree, gestures are what separate touchscreens from anything else.
    08-05-2013 08:05 PM
    Your apology is unnecessary. I made no assumptions about your character towards me and have been through and seen too much to feel offended by your post. My retort was to state out that my first post on this subject should not have been taken with any seriousness at all. It seems I did not do a good job of making that point.

The nonsensical statistics were just that.. Made up for a point of levity. There was no scientific research done.

However, until a moderator deems my attempt at levity to be unwarranted or unwelcomed, I will exercise my own judgment on when, where and if I use it in further posts as long as I bring a meaningful response to the OP. And speaking of such, this will be my last post on this tangent as it is detracting from the original thread.

Have a great day!
    Dude, you killed me with "retort". I had a vision of Jules blasting Brad's kneecap off.
    iamtim likes this.
    08-05-2013 08:09 PM
    As the majority have pointed out, you should do what you like. List the things you want in a phone, and research how they work in both platforms. Personally, I'd recommend Windows Phone. For any chance you are a social person, windows phone handles it well. The ability to create contact groups and see the news that goes on in their lives, versus having to scroll through EVERYONE to find the ones you are specifically looking for
    08-06-2013 12:13 AM
62 123