08-17-2013 03:38 AM
90 ... 234
tools
    We're not talking about million sliders if that's what's too complicated for you.
    I never said it was too complicated for me. Evidently, however, "to each their own" is too complicated for you. What is the issue with you and that other dude so intent upon correcting my preference for a single, device-level volume control? Do you have nothing better to do? Is your life so empty that "convincing iamtim that he's wrong about volume control" is at the top of your list?

Take a break. Go outside. Get some fresh air. Enjoy the day.

you come across as very annoying
    Pot? Meet kettle.

If I am that annoying, I invite you to stop reading and replying to my posts. Put me on your ignore list.
    08-13-2013 06:20 PM
    Only standout issues for me are the lack of orientation lock and independent volume control. They are the things I'd need most.
    That's the same for me. Orientation lock is my #1. Didn't realize how much I use it until I'm lying down somewhere.
    Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Board Express
    08-13-2013 06:21 PM
    Not going back to a WP atleast for a while, coming from an iphone 5 i found WP very limited, felt like a phone still in beta stages.

Many apps are not there, i dont want to use third party apps that are just a copy and dont work the same as the original one intended.

Universal Volume sucks, and yes its this ''small simple'' thing that made me realized how good it is to use other devices without having to worry each time i see a video then set the correct volume because someone may be trying to reach me later on. How can anybody defend this, sorry but this is absurd.

It seems as if some wp (some not all) like to pretend theres nothing wrong with being limited, the most constant excuse i find to justify is ''i dont care about that app, i dont care about that feature'' even it that means it will make things easier for them.

Yes, WP is interesting and yes it has potential but it is far from a finished platform...

I could see how someone with no smartphone background could end up liking wp, for instance my sister loves her low end nokia device but then again she used a phone without a camera and internet before so i understand her.
    Boris Lozac likes this.
    08-15-2013 03:50 PM
    How can anybody defend this, sorry but this is absurd.
    Well there are always that kind of people..
    I love WP and my 520 so far, probably wouldn't go back to any Android less then some Nexus or something, but i'm not blind either..
    08-15-2013 06:58 PM
    Universal Volume sucks ... sorry but this is absurd.
    For you it sucks. For others it doesn't. The true absurdity is that you can't see past your own preferences to accept that other people might not share them.

It seems as if some wp (some not all) like to pretend theres nothing wrong with being limited ... even it that means it will make things easier for them.
    I can tell you that I, when it comes to device volume, am not limited by the single volume control. If I want the sound coming from my phone to be louder, I turn it up. If I want the sound coming from my phone to be quieter, I turn it down. That's not limiting, IMHO, that's just the way it should work. You disagree and that's fine.

My question for you is this: who are you to tell anyone else if a given feature will make things easier for them? You don't know them, their workflow, their preferences or desires.
    08-16-2013 10:21 AM
    So you watch a video, that is pretty loud, maybe a 'private' video of your own (oh wait you wouldn't keep that on the phone since you can't hide it), you lower it's volume, and ALWAYS remember to increase it for the ringtone? 25/30 is what's minimum for me to hear the phone in my pocket, on the pubic street/transport etc.. But 25/30 for videos/music on speakerphone is earblowing...
    08-16-2013 03:42 PM
    So you watch a video
    Well, first, I don't watch videos on my phone. I have a laptop and a tablet for that. However, let's assume for the purposes of this discussion that I did...

you lower it's volume, and ALWAYS remember to increase it for the ringtone?
    Yes. Not only is changing the volume brain-dead simple, it's also how almost every other device we use on a regular basis works. Commercials too loud on your TV? Turn the volume down, turn it back up when the commercials are over. Car stereo not loud enough with the windows down? Turn the volume up, turn it back down when you roll the windows up.

You don't forget to do that, do you? You don't suffer because the volume is up too loud, do you? No, you adjust the volume. Many times without thinking... your hand almost instinctively grabs the remote, or turns the dial.

This is such a simple thing, such an individualized thing, that I'm almost starting to think you're winding me up on purpose for S&Gs.
    08-16-2013 04:06 PM
    That's totally apples and oranges. When the commercials are over you will be reminded to turn the volume up by not freaking hearing a thing :) When you roll the window down, you are REMINDED to turn the stereo up cause you DON'T HEAR your favorite song.
    On the phone, the only thing that reminds you that the volume is down, is when you see a missed call, maybe a very important one..
    08-16-2013 05:16 PM
    That's totally apples and oranges.
    Sigh.

I think you're being obstinate on purpose. Either that or you're insecure and have something to prove.

I have nothing more to say on the issue.
    08-16-2013 05:26 PM
    Back to the thread at hand!

/unhijack
    08-16-2013 05:48 PM
    Sigh. .
    Love the way you explained how is that not apples and oranges..
    08-16-2013 05:50 PM
    Love the way you explained how is that not apples and oranges..
    you two really need to stop with the lovers quarrel and leave it be.
    08-16-2013 06:03 PM
    Back to the thread at hand!
    Yeah, my apologies for letting someone bait me so badly and sending the thread so far out of control. I've added him to my ignore list so it won't happen again.

Back to the OP's original question, I'll be honest, I don't know what Amber or GDR2 is supposed to fix or introduce. When I had my first L920 back in November, it was problematic and I was gnashing my teeth over how long the Portico update took (which really wasn't a long time, I was just all "Grr! Argh!" over it). My new L920 - which I got about two weeks ago - is not problematic in any way. Sure, there are some OS features I'd like to have (VPN primarily), but I'm not watching or waiting for an update to fix some random problem right now.

If you're happy with your phone, it works the way you want it to work, and it seems problem-free, I wouldn't worry too much about Amber or GDR2 until your phone tells you it's available. :)
    irvin792 and JR G like this.
    08-16-2013 06:06 PM
    He dosent watch videos, he dosent care about having it easier, he loves WP just the way it is. Heck wp im starting to believe that if windows comes up with the idea that you can only choose a brigthness level he would be happy with it... Cool for him, we are nobody to tell him what to like.
    08-17-2013 02:52 AM
    I think that a good 60% of people cry about updates just for the sake of crying. It's something new and they want it and don't understand why it's not out. IMO, second to iOS, Windows Phone does a pretty good job of rolling out updates. Just wanted to vent about that

But please jump ship for functionality, not out of boredom
    08-17-2013 03:38 AM
90 ... 234