Lumia 720 and a bunch of others purchase advice requested

bomcabedal

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm posting this here because it seemed like the only place it was even vaguely on topic, apologies if I missed something.

At the moment, I need to buy a new phone after the previous one broke. I decided to go with WP because I just don't find iOS very appealing a lot of the time, and I simply don't 'get' Android. The obvious choice staring me in the face is the Nokia Lumia 720; because of its build quality, the Nokia apps which I loved on my previous Lumia 800, and most of all its battery life. I should point out that battery life is a very important consideration for me, since I spend a lot of time outdoors, more or less away from civilization. Processing power is much less of a consideration, but screen quality is.

But after looking around a bit more, it seemed that there are a lot of considerably cheaper phones that'll probably do the trick for me, most notably the Huawei Ascend W1 and the HTC 8S. In Holland (where I live) the price difference is considerable: 285 euros or thereabouts for the 720, against around 150 euros for both the Huawei and the HTC. Of course I'll have to do without the Nokia apps, but I'm beginning to wonder if the much higher (almost double) price justifies that.

Could I ask you to commend on my quandary, particularly from the perspective of build quality, screen performance, and particularly battery life in 'real' life? Thanks in advance!

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Huawei W1 and HTC 8S have 4gb harddrive - you would only have about 2 gb of space to install apps etc. You would have to store music and photos onto sd cards in order to save hd space. And you would really not have much room to work with on those phone's.

While The 720 has a 8gb hard with about 6gb free space. Even the 520 and 620 have 8gb hd. Nokia apps and support are well worth it.

The Battery Life on 720 is amazing from what I have read.

NotSafeForWork

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I was under the impression that the Lumia 520 and 620 were the one's comparable to the W1 and 8S? I mean, those 4 devices have 4 inch (3.8 for the 620) screens, and have similar prices. Rather than the 4.3 inch for the L720, which is decidedly a more high end device, and a higher end price tag :wink:

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Get the 720, a GREAT device, I had it for 6 months and I'm still loving it!! The battery life is amazing, the camera is simply beautiful!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077