rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I updated my wife's iphone to ios 7 without my telling her I was going to do it. I handed her phone to her and she put it down for about 30 minutes. While doing some homework, she came up to me and said very angrily "the the fu#@ did you do to my iPhone"

I said " I updated it to iOS 7",

she said then "I don't like it",

I said" Get a windows phone then ;P"

I think that I will be sleeping on the couch tonight when it should be Apple sleeping on the couch. At least from my wife's perspective she thinks they "fu#@ed up".

In Limbo

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Can I just say that I'm pissed at how long it take for WP to update? I know that the carriers are the issue, but I can't take it anymore. If you have confidence in your product, you will be the one that makes the terms. Apple doesn't answer to anyone (to the farthest extent possible when dealing with carriers). They are essentially all unlocked phones. Carriers work on their terms. The phones have set dates for updates and communication from Apple itself. I just hate that we hardly get any words from Microsoft. They only give a rough estimate which essentially means sh**.

I know, I'm just inpatient right? But think about this: Microsoft is developing into a "Devices and Services company". If that's true, then it'd be nice to see them truly take the wheel. I'm tired of companies "surrendering" to carrier. Get fu**ing bold and be in charge of your product if you think it's worth selling. Apple does.

sumothong01

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
They didn't like what Android and Windows Phone's love child would look like???

There have been alot of people complaining about it on Twitter. I'm sure apple will tell them that they WILL like it and the isheep will fall in line.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
A couple of my (guy) friends have stated IOS7 looks a little feminine now ... ---- Most likely because of the softer/pastel color palate??

One friend stated he'd prefer the darker/bolder colors like in WP.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
My friend just updated hers tonight and she was pissed too. It was funny because last year I told her to get a Windows Phone but she didn't like it. So when she updated to iOS 7 I told her "See, you ended up getting Windows Phone anyway. Just a horribly half baked copy cat wanna be version."

Now she keeps sending me screenshots of all the ugly interfaces.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I will go against the grain and say I am pleasantly surprised by ios7. I wanted to not like it, but it's actually pretty cool the more I play with it.

To be honest, and I'm a huge WP fan (been on WPCentral since 2010), but there are quite a few things that I think will raise the bar for other OS (Android, WP) updates.

And that's a good thing because we get better software on our phones!

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I will go against the grain and say I am pleasantly surprised by ios7. I wanted to not like it, but it's actually pretty cool the more I play with it.

To be honest, and I'm a huge WP fan (been on WPCentral since 2010), but there are quite a few things that I think will raise the bar for other OS (Android, WP) updates.

And that's a good thing because we get better software on our phones!

I'm on the same boat as you bro.
the thing i loved about Apple is that the consumers know when i will get the update, the best part is all receive the roll out on the same day, I know few devices theory.
But common still they have brought iOS 7 to old phones such as iphone 4 too.

switched to WP cause had trust in NOKIA, 1st WP device was Lumia 800. Now have 920.
Microsoft shud learn few things from these BIG PLAYERs.
WP8 is good but need to improve at some points on the UX.

Giving time to WP8 to improve lets hope for the best.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the same boat as you bro.
the thing i loved about Apple is that the consumers know when i will get the update, the best part is all receive the roll out on the same day, I know few devices theory.
But common still they have brought iOS 7 to old phones such as iphone 4 too.

switched to WP cause had trust in NOKIA, 1st WP device was Lumia 800. Now have 920.
Microsoft shud learn few things from these BIG PLAYERs.
WP8 is good but need to improve at some points on the UX.

Giving time to WP8 to improve lets hope for the best.
You must understand that apple iOS is way older and matured compared to Windows phone

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Chalk it up as people don't like change.

Sounds awfully familiar to us Windows Mobile users when we first saw Windows Phone. Then to top it off, no old phones got updated.

Oh well.

TripsG

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
iOS7 looks a little strange now but after looking at the same thing for years it's kind of a shocking change. The part that amazed me is how cartoonish it looks now on my iPhone 4. The killer feature to me is the way it closes apps that are open in the background. A simple flick up and it's done. Much nicer than and way more simple than on WP.

The quick dock is nice (swipe from bottom to get the flashlight, calculator and such). I like the Nokia battery tile better on my 920 as it does some of this already. Nokia needs to add a few features to this tile to make it perfect.

iOS handles Safari nicely now too. The tabs are stacked like a rolodex and a quick flick to the left makes the tab go away. It looks much better than WP but it's very, very, VERY slow on my iPhone 4. Most of the graphics chug along now and the phone just can't keep up.

I've said before, if they had brought out iOS7 before I got my Lumia 920 I probably wouldn't have switched. But I have to say that after being on my Nokia now for almost a year, I couldn't imagine going back to Apple.

In the essence of full disclosure, the only reason I still have my iPhone 4 is:

A) it makes a great backup phone in the unlikely or unfortunate event I destroy my 920, but since it's a Nokia, that's highly doubtful
B) MS still doesn't have a way for me to listen to .WAV files via email. When I'm away from my desk I get a lot of voicemails via email and I need access to them. I understand that there is a fix for this in GDR2 but, alas, I am on AT&T so my mecca continues to elude me.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Chalk it up as people don't like change.

Sounds awfully familiar to us Windows Mobile users when we first saw Windows Phone. Then to top it off, no old phones got updated.

Oh well.

Except Windows Phone was actually well thought out. The flat UI in iOS 7 was horribly executed. It was flattened just for the sake of flattening.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't mind iOS 7. There are things I like about it like new setting and features and new animations. However it is half *** metro. Too much white, way too much. Not enough contrast or bold colors. Everything is suddenly more washed out and less distinguishable.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Can I just say that I'm pissed at how long it take for WP to update? I know that the carriers are the issue, but I can't take it anymore. If you have confidence in your product, you will be the one that makes the terms. Apple doesn't answer to anyone (to the farthest extent possible when dealing with carriers). They are essentially all unlocked phones. Carriers work on their terms. The phones have set dates for updates and communication from Apple itself. I just hate that we hardly get any words from Microsoft. They only give a rough estimate which essentially means sh**.

I know, I'm just inpatient right? But think about this: Microsoft is developing into a "Devices and Services company". If that's true, then it'd be nice to see them truly take the wheel. I'm tired of companies "surrendering" to carrier. Get fu**ing bold and be in charge of your product if you think it's worth selling. Apple does.

You are just impatient yes. Also, you are missing the point that ms cant dictate terms like apple did.

Apple basically screwed the carriers into letting apple do the updates. They will never let that happen again. Why do you think no one stocks the nexus devices? Because they are updated by google. If ms said "screw you at&t, we say when updates land" at&t would say "no problems, we just wont stock your phones"

And then wp dies. Great plan.

Also, ccomplain to your network/carrier.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Meh, I'm having to now use an iPhone for work (4s)... On one hand the battery lasts forever... But... On the other hand it is locked all the time and only opened when a call comes in... Still on 6, not interested in getting it to 7. I think, as odd as it sounds, iOS feels 1 dimensional while WP and android at 2 dimensional... Not sure how to describe it better than that, but that's the way iOS feels. My personal phone gets MUCH more use (920)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss