dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Bunch of 4/4s users around here are not amused. I told them to be careful and wait a bit to see what other's experience was like - but NO. It's Apple, it'll just work (ummmm, after it insists you delete your photos, texts, media).

Now they're all sad.

Phone lags and is slow.

Oh hey - your battery's low again as well?!*&*^$KJEDJ

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Bunch of 4/4s users around here are not amused. I told them to be careful and wait a bit to see what other's experience was like - but NO. It's Apple, it'll just work (ummmm, after it insists you delete your photos, texts, media).

Now they're all sad.

Phone lags and is slow.

Oh hey - your battery's low again as well?!*&*^$KJEDJ

I didn't have to delete anything on my wife's 4s.

The phone actually is very responsive and works great. Battery life has improved.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
iOS7 looks like my daughters fisher price phone. WTF is up with the pastel colors. It looks good if you're A) old or B) female. I will not be updating my iPad with it.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Lag isn't too bad with the 4s'. Definitely with the 4 though. These people have had lots of media on their phones, lots. Don't know if any have been 32GB 4s models though.

The battery drain is a pretty common feature with iOS upgrades. It improves a lot over time - usually about two weeks. Meanwhile, I have people coming to me like I'm a freaking accessory store. Might have to consider that next iOS rev. Stock up on chargers and re-sell them, maybe exchange 'em for beer.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Lag isn't too bad with the 4s'. Definitely with the 4 though. These people have had lots of media on their phones, lots. Don't know if any have been 32GB 4s models though.

The battery drain is a pretty common feature with iOS upgrades. It improves a lot over time - usually about two weeks. Meanwhile, I have people coming to me like I'm a freaking accessory store. Might have to consider that next iOS rev. Stock up on chargers and re-sell them, maybe exchange 'em for beer.

Exchanging for beer is a great idea.

I was hoping that the 5s and the 5 could have the same case like the 3g and the 3gs.

boovish

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 4 has actually been surprisingly faster than normal with iOS 7. And the battery life is actually better. I am actually very baffled about the battery part. And according to iTunes my launch day iPhone has 500MB left

j rr

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
In terms of usability ios7 is better than the 6... I like shortcuts, i can now access many useful apps from even the lockscreen.

The cons, its a bit laggy, i dont like the animations, and the icon colors are a little bit too light for my taste but i can easily fix this with a dark wallpaper in the background, actually every wallpaper gives a very different look to the phone, kind of like a new theme.

Anyway, facetime with voice only integraded is awesome, nothing gets better than how that and imessage work.

I will not buy the 5s, not a big upgrade in my opinion, will probably keep the iphone 5 until march then i will try android until i see what is up with iphone 6.

I will not go back to windows phone in a while, yes it is messy, volume control sucks, i dont like using ''similar'' apps to work around not having the real thing, and still feels like an unfinished product.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I actually really like iOS 7! I don't like some of the icons (especially the phone icon...) but overall I think it's really good. I like the new features, especially the little touches like the layers effect.

I'm honestly trying to decide between the iPhone 5S or the Nokia 1520... obviously the 1520 stomps the iPhone in terms of hardware, but the software of the iPhone is very appealing. :/

Read: in my opinion

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I actually really like iOS 7! I don't like some of the icons (especially the phone icon...) but overall I think it's really good. I like the new features, especially the little touches like the layers effect.

I'm honestly trying to decide between the iPhone 5S or the Nokia 1520... obviously the 1520 stomps the iPhone in terms of hardware, but the software of the iPhone is very appealing. :/

Read: in my opinion
I would wait for benchmarks to determine whether or not the 1520 actually "stomps" the 5S.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Downloading iOS 7 right now on our iPad Mini. Considering the change log, it appears to be a bigger update than iOS 5 and 6 combined.

To be honest, I'm actually excited about this.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Downloading iOS 7 right now on our iPad Mini. Considering the change log, it appears to be a bigger update than iOS 5 and 6 combined.

To be honest, I'm actually excited about this.
My friend updated his iPad to iOS 7 and he hates it. It wasn't really designed with the iPad mini and iPad in mind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720