Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Its white, with a bunch of light pastel colors, and super thin text/icons. This makes it appear very bright and offers no visual contrast for the eye to decipher content. It also adds completely unnecessary transparencies which clutter the already hard to read UI.

I liked iOS a lot before. It was a little boring IMO, but it was consistent and easy to use. I'm also a fan of flat UIs when done correctly. Unfortunately iOS 7 was done poorly. Its a lot of jarring changes and unnecessary adjustments. They could have left many of the elements and color blocks intact, just flattened them, and it would have been fine. The back buttons could have been the same shape, the same font weight, etc, just no gradient/border.

Steve Jobs would never have let this be released.
I'm not sure what thin font you keep referring to but at least on my iPhone 5 all font is very legible; just as much as it was in iOS 6.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what thin font you keep referring to but at least on my iPhone 5 all font is very legible; just as much as it was in iOS 6.

Obviously, it's prevalent enough of a problem that tech blogs are posting workarounds. Probably not an issue if you're young, but I imagine older folk might be struggling. Especially since iPhones have small screen to begin with.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I use Android, so I know! In reality most Android fans would probably admit that battery life is a problem, outside of a couple phones like the Note II and some Droids.

Lol no wonder I abandoned the android ship :).
No matter how tough you make a phone, if you wanna kill it, put that 1 OS in it :).
Am not naming anything here so don't start a war about this post.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Obviously, it's prevalent enough of a problem that tech blogs are posting workarounds. Probably not an issue if you're young, but I imagine older folk might be struggling. Especially since iPhones have small screen to begin with.
Umm no. The thin font was an issue in Beta 1. It was fixed in Beta 5. And it was an issue on non-Retina displays only.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Umm no. The thin font was an issue in Beta 1. It was fixed in Beta 5. And it was an issue on non-Retina displays only.

Umm no. I'm on Beta 5 and I've used several iPhones with production iOS 7. They used a 100 or 200 weight version of Helvetica and it is just too thin to be used throughout the UI.

Whereas Windows Phone uses a 300 (maybe 200 occasionally) weight version of Segoe. Its thin but still legible at a quick glance.

Last edited:

plyboult

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I've briefly played with it and I actually really like it. Should probably use it more before I make any more judgments.

Btw who here uses the light theme on their WP? I've been using it today and actually like it a lot.. Though feels like my eyes need to adjust.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234