Apple Stealing Thunder From Nokia --- OUTRAGE!

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Well, as we have just been informed, Apple scheduled their iPad and Mac refreash announcement to be on the exact same date as Nokia's event, where it's expected they'll announce a bunch of new phones and their long anticipated "Sirius" tablet.

I don't know about you guys, but I for one am furious they have the audacity to do this. The iPad announcement was already going to steal headlines for quite some time, but to do it on the same day as Nokia? Nokia will be lucky to even have one article written about them (aside from websites like WPC, of course) in the wake of the iPad announcement. No one is going to even notice Nokia did anything!!!

Apple is obviously worried that people might actually been interested in what Nokia has to offer, so they pretty much dropped a nuke to ensure no one remembers what Nokia has to say: have their keynote on the same day. As I've already said, the media already goes bat**** crazy over Apple launches, but at least Nokia could've gotten some notice and mention. But now, on October 22nd, everyone is going to have their eyes turned towards Apple, and there will be nothing but articles about the new iPad for days.

I'm outraged at such audacity, this is just as bad as Google being a **** about YouTube. Everyone seems to love picking on Microsoft, and I'm sick of it. I do hope Nokia reschedules, or their new-products will be completely ignored.

So, my rant over. What do y'all think?

Last edited:

spazzmeister

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
As far as i know Nokia knew that iPad unveiling is done in october/november. Last year was November. Nokia moved from October this year because of M$. I don't see Apple stealing their thunder, just poor planning from Nokia.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
As far as i know Nokia knew that iPad unveiling is done in october/november. Last year was November. Nokia moved from October this year because of M$. I don't see Apple stealing their thunder, just poor planning from Nokia.

Huh, I had forgotten Apple shifted their iPad event.

Sigh, I guess they're not taking credit, but still disappointing. Why does every major tech company always announce their stuff on Tuesdays, anyways?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99