If you could choose a phone you want, which would you get.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Current phones:
1. Nokia Lumia 1520
2. LG G2
3. Samsung Galaxy Note 3
I would buy phablet since i know it would fit into my pocket at least for 10 months/year :D. I also like LG, if MS f***s up with WP I`m going for LG ;).

Future devices:
1. Nokia Goldfinger
2. HTC M8 (ONE successor)
3. Samsung Galaxy S5
I have huge hopes for Goldfinger, I guess it will be last Nokia phone. HTC becuse i still love Aluminium from my ex-phone (Nokia C6-01) and Samsung because of hype around him. For me there are only two OSs since i do not like Apple phones.

This are my wishes but I will have to stic to Lumia 820 for about 1,5 year :D.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Can I mod the phones? If so, I'd take a 8X with 32GB and wireless charging, or a 1020 with the S600 chipset...

If not, I'd take a 925 32GB option to replace my 920, and a Z1 to replace my Nexus 4. Still use my 8X as my daily driver for my commute because the amp is great with my music (I rock three phones)...

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The true successor to the 920 that's not a 6" behemoth, personally. I like the 4.5-5" size a lot better.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm.....

1) LG Flex. Curved, bendable screen and self healing back. The back is made form a type of plastic crafters have used for cutting boards, in which it will just "ooze back" over time to it's original state. I am very curious.

2) BlackBerry Z30. Love BB10, and this phone looks classy.

3) Lumia 929. Please..... please.... please... Lumia 929. Just a perfect daily driver for me. Sigh.....

Funny how I am on AT&T, but 2 of my choices are exclusive to Verizon (or will be if L929 actually ever proves it is not just the BigFoot of Phones), but my third is coming to everyone but Verizon (LG Flex).

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm.....

1) LG Flex. Curved, bendable screen and self healing back. The back is made form a type of plastic crafters have used for cutting boards, in which it will just "ooze back" over time to it's original state. I am very curious.

2) BlackBerry Z30. Love BB10, and this phone looks classy.

3) Lumia 929. Please..... please.... please... Lumia 929. Just a perfect daily driver for me. Sigh.....

Funny how I am on AT&T, but 2 of my choices are exclusive to Verizon (or will be if L929 actually ever proves it is not just the BigFoot of Phones), but my third is coming to everyone but Verizon (LG Flex).

Whaaaaaaaaaat? I don't care much for LG, or Android for that matter, but that's awesome!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Whaaaaaaaaaat? I don't care much for LG, or Android for that matter, but that's awesome!
Yep, small scratches and minor "dings" are supposed to heal over a few days, resulting in the back being smooth again. My wife has been crafting for years, and it is the same polymer (I think) as their cutting boards. As they cut repeatedly, crafters didn't want to have to replace their boards over and over again as grooves settled in, so these self-healing boards were developed.

It is really, REALLY cool. But it might be too expensive a material at first. But I would LOVE to see it become succesful and and it be the norm on premium devices, kinda like Gorilla Glass is.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm already planning my next phone. I haven't had my 1020 for that long and although I'm generally pleased with it, it doesn't tick all the boxes. I feel WP8 is still missing a number of features which would make the experience far greater. Great camera, however, not as good in some aspects compared to the 808 but certainly better in others. The 808 had an absolutely stunning camera but fell short in quite a few other areas even if Symbian S^3 was a much maligned OS. Before that I had an N8 which again had a great camera but was very laggy and underpowered.

Next time I'm gonna go for a beast of a device. Quad core, powerful battery, plenty of ram, expandable memory and a good camera. Still undecided on OS but if I were choosing today, it would be the Z1 the the LG G2. However, seeing as I won't be in a position to upgrade for some time, there is a good chance a WP device that meets my needs will be released in a year or so.

CrockettGTO

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
1520, 1020 or 920 only if I could get these Verizon. I just don't think I could ever subject myself to ATT again based on my personal experiences with them in the past.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos