Lumia 920 or Galaxy S4

Luiskp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Im planning to change my L822 to another phone.

Im going to take advantage of an offer in my country, and my two options are Galaxy S4 and Lumia 920.

I know, we all love WP, but being honest which should be a better option?

I've read some comparison from Phonearena saying that the camera from L920 is below S4 (not only for the Mpx) arguing better colors and low light.

Also, i've read that some of you still have problems with the battery of the L920.

lumianut

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I had a 920 and my wife has an s4. Camera on the 920 is much better in low light, clear daylight photos are pretty even. When fully charged our battery life was about the same. Wireless charging built in is a plus for the 920.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I love my windows phones too but if the offer in price is the same, then I'd go with the S4. Just because everything in specs are better and you know it will receive KitKat. The 920 should also get wp8.1 and increase its functionality and performance too.

Remember tho, that the 920 has ois, and a better "quality" screen. It looks better too imo. It also is integrated with MS services. So if you have a windows PC or tablet, the 920 may offer more for u.

Hopefully this helps.

Luiskp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I love my windows phones too but if the offer in price is the same, then I'd go with the S4. Just because everything in specs are better and you know it will receive KitKat. The 920 should also get wp8.1 and increase its functionality and performance too.

Remember tho, that the 920 has ois, and a better "quality" screen. It looks better too imo. It also is integrated with MS services. So if you have a windows PC or tablet, the 920 may offer more for u.

Hopefully this helps.

Yes my idea was always having the entire Ecosystem united. That a good point. I only miss the XBO :p, but got the touch laptop and the Wp

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Galaxy S4 if you want to try Android, it's got a amazing 1080p display, excellent AppStore with everyone pitching in with apps(of course there will be malware apps, just need to read reviews, avoid suspicious stuff), better multitasking with 2GB ram, ability to customize almost everything on Android, true VPN support, limitless background tasks, (root and you could install firewall/mods etc), inbuilt notification center, notification led on screen(very useful!).

Lumia 920 if you're happy with WP, want a better camera and *still want to stay with WP OS*. Now, it's your choice

lumianut

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks lumianut.

Yours is from ATT or any International version?

I want good low light ph.

att version. Apps were never really an issue as all the big ones are out for WP now too. Honestly between the two, app launch and is speed are pretty equal. The 920 comes with 32 GB of storage by default too but not expandable. If you need more storage go with s4.
And yes, low light photos are amazing on920. 1020 and 1520 are even better!

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 920 is a nice phone but you won't find a review anywhere that will say it's better than an s4. If the price is the same get the s4 it's not even close.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786