OK heres my rant. Im on my eighth Windows Phone within two years now. The first one was an HTC Titan. A gorgeous Phone for that time but after a year it showed blue dead pixels on the screen. I had to sell it with a serious loss because I couldnt get a replacement for this one year old phone. I waited for the right Windows Phone until February 2013 for the Lumia 620. Unfortunately this phone had an estimated battery life of 5 hours and a strange dark colour shift on the back (the phone was yellow) so I had to get a replacement. The second time my phone suffered horrendously form the good ol Windows Phone 8 storage bug. It dumped its storage with empty data and bricked itself when I tried to reset it. After that I decided to spend more money in hope for better quality. So I opted out for a Lumia 920. With this phone again I had horrible battery issues. My second Lumia 920 came with scratches out of the box. My third Lumia 920 had a defective magnetometer after 4 months. Searching for even more quality in the Nokia range I went for a Lumia 1020 after that. The first one lost its entire battery charge over night and had questionable build quality in terms of the buttons which were loose and and flimsy. The second Lumia 1020 that I have now and which I am planning to give back has the infamous dark splotches on its AMOLED (Fail Technology btw) screen and burns its battery life in 12 hours even though Im not using it. I even made tests in flight mode but it dies soon even so. I love Windows Phone and I would love it even more if these things didnt happen at all. I am aware of quality issues of phones especially in the launch window but right now I doubt Nokias infamous quality. Im considering to go for a Moto G or a Nexus 5 now.
    Am I insane? Shall I work for Nokia and get their phones right because Im a nitpicky tech nerd or shall I seriously consider playing the lottery? Help.
    12-04-2013 07:45 AM
    Shall I work for Nokia and get their phones right because I’m a nitpicky tech nerd
    You want to work for Nokia and believe you can fix their manufacturing problems? That makes you a little insane, yes.

I'm sorry for your problems though.
    12-04-2013 07:48 AM
    The second Lumia 1020 that I have now and which I am planning to give back has the infamous dark splotches on its AMOLED (Fail Technology btw) screen and burns its battery life in 12 hours even though I’m not using it.
    Yeah AMOLED display is a real failure of technology
    12-04-2013 10:02 AM
    It sounds like you have had a bad run of luck. I've only had two, an LG E900 (I think) and a Lumia 920 which I am currently using and I've not really had any problems with battery, build quality etc..
    12-04-2013 10:10 AM
    been there, lot of issues with windows phone quality, http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...phone-but.html
    I agree with AMOLED being horrible, I prefer IPS-LCD, and that's my opinion, I know a lot of people prefer amoled.

and yes go insane, I did already (been through 10 lumia 900, 2 lumia 521, 4 Lumia 925), my first windows phone (HTC HD7) however never had any issues, once thing that bothered me is the volume rocker, it was loose, other than that it was real solid, I would've picked an HTC 8x instead of a Nokia Phone, but my brother got one and had sim card error issues all the time, also if only HTC had the same exclusive apps like Nokia.
    Jonatz likes this.
    12-04-2013 10:20 AM
    seriously how can a technology that is so imperfect get so much hype (its samsung, i know)?They are prone to reaction with oxygen and lose their brightness after approx. 2 years. The best screens in the world are stills LCDs because AMOLED colours are ALWAYS off and apple for example shows us how to build a ridiculously thin phone that has a LCD. if i had to decide> AMOLED, **** off until flexible phones.
    12-04-2013 11:28 AM