12-12-2013 09:03 AM
48 12
tools
    I have been using Sony ericsson which is a java mobile.. So i am new to these smartphones. I want to buy it but my friends are suggesting me to look for android. I am very much confused.
    My friends told me that windows phone store doesnt have top high end games for free..
    I know, posting such question in this forum will irritate so many.. but i dont know where to clarify it. pls reply.

Thanks in advance.
    The old "my friends say"...
    What do you say?

I say if you have to ask here then you want someone to talk you into something that you want more than need.
    You strike me as young and easily influenced.

Why not sit back and not worry about what the friends want.
    There's no rush my friend.

Jessica Lares up there has the best advice for you in my opinion.
    12-09-2013 02:47 AM
    Something that really caught my attention in this post. Nokia did a very good job of marketing their own Lumia brand. Only a few people here even mention this is a WP. It raises my curiosity whether it is just known Lumia's run WP, or whether it doesn't matter.

OP: I believe you would be the best to answer this question.

Please advise.
    12-09-2013 07:34 AM
    can the nokia lumia download bbm or not ??
    12-09-2013 07:42 AM

If you need a phone for whatsapp, never go for a WP8 phone
    lolwut? i think you're going a little too far there, at the end of the day, it's a messaging app, and guess what?! it sends messages and does a bunch more...you make it sound like it doesn't work on WP8
    12-09-2013 08:21 AM
    can the nokia lumia download bbm or not ??
    no, that app is not available on wp8
    12-09-2013 08:21 AM
    no, that app is not available on wp8
    BBM is coming out for windows phone soon

Also to the OP, is smartphone gaming really that important to you. If it is just get an iphone or android they have this controller game pad thing that you can place your phone into and it looks like a Sega Game Gear or or Game Boy it has directional pad and buttons.

IMO, smartphone gaming is trash. I only play games to occupy my time while pooping
    Last edited by radmanvr; 12-10-2013 at 08:19 AM.
    12-09-2013 08:28 AM
    BBM is coming out for windows pone soon™
    source?
    12-09-2013 08:45 AM
    Having my fair share of android high end phones....yes they have more games...more screen space and yes some games are free...not sure why but they are! If like rooting your phone or adding launchers you may wanna stay with android. I switched just because every month android had a new update and my phone being only a few months old wouldn't get it for another 6 months unless it was my nexus which was ok, just horrible camera and no lte in the states....the nexus 5 seems ok, but android for games kills your battery, and for me all their cameras suck! Key why I stay with Nokia....i would do what others said, go to windows website and check it all out! Or play with one in store for awhile.
    Jessy1098 likes this.
    12-09-2013 08:53 AM
    I have been using Sony ericsson which is a java mobile.. So i am new to these smartphones. I want to buy it but my friends are suggesting me to look for android. I am very much confused.
    My friends told me that windows phone store doesnt have top high end games for free..
    I know, posting such question in this forum will irritate so many.. but i dont know where to clarify it. pls reply.

Thanks in advance.
    you should have a 14 day return policy with your carrier. buy one, try it for thirteen days, then try the next mobile os.

when you've tried android, iOS, and wp, them pick the one you like the most and keep it.
    Jessy1098 likes this.
    12-09-2013 08:57 AM
    If you're looking at a 520 an Android device anywhere near that price will be absolute trash. The Lumia 521 is what won me away from android and I ended up upgrading to a higher end Lumia not long after. The 521/520 is basically the best value smartphone available anywhere.
    12-09-2013 09:01 AM
    Having my fair share of android high end phones....yes they have more games...more screen space and yes some games are free...not sure why but they are! If like rooting your phone or adding launchers you may wanna stay with android. I switched just because every month android had a new update and my phone being only a few months old wouldn't get it for another 6 months unless it was my nexus which was ok, just horrible camera and no lte in the states....the nexus 5 seems ok, but android for games kills your battery, and for me all their cameras suck! Key why I stay with Nokia....i would do what others said, go to windows website and check it all out! Or play with one in store for awhile.
    Playing games on all phones kills your battery. Most Androids have better cameras then most WPs and iPhones, other then the 1020, no WP beats the high end Android cameras. Go with the "play with one in store advice" I played with the 1520 for over an hour before choosing a phone.

"you should have a 14 day return policy with your carrier. buy one, try it for thirteen days, then try the next mobile os.

when you've tried android, iOS, and wp, them pick the one you like the most and keep it."

Most carriers have a hefty restocking fee, I know Verizon and AT&T have a 70.00 restocking fee. I would recommend using a friends Android and or iPhone. If you are strait buying a phone without a contract I would go with the 521 since it is the best value phone on the market, if you are going with a contract I would save and spend the extra to get a 1020 or 1520 if you choose Lumia, if you choose Android the Note 3 is the top of the food chain with the S4 extremely discounted with plans.
    12-09-2013 01:52 PM
    By now, all the phone OS out there can give you the same experience.
    And by experience, I mean the end result of using the OS feature or the OS+App together.
    Sometimes one phone will have one type of app, another will have a different one for the same experience.

Also, one phone might give you one or two different experience which another phone might not.
    But, on an average all the 3 major OS will be satisfactory for most of the people.

Google Docs claims is that even if it has only small subset of features compare to Microsoft Office, those are the most commonly used features by the most common people.
    In the same lines, common man doesn't need all the 900K apps in the Android or iOS world.
    What you need, you have got in Windows Phone (either official, or equivalent).

So, instead of feature comparison, go for the phone, whose OS looks beautiful and smooth.
    The one, which you can confidently take out in front of friends and strangers.

If it is iOS, go buy iPhone.
    If it is Android, go buy one.
    If it is Windows Phone, welcome to the group.
    Last edited by anilraj; 12-09-2013 at 02:21 PM.
    12-09-2013 02:07 PM
    WP8 has the basics of what most people need and want but it greatly lacks in games and greatly lacks in quality free apps. Going through the WP8 store I seen way too high of a percent of the apps being bloat and repeat apps to boost numbers. The store does have most of the top 100 used apps and for someone who just uses their phone for business, or mainly for taking pictures you will get along fine.
    Tsarli likes this.
    12-09-2013 02:18 PM
    I vote for lumia for your first smartphone. With the WP8 its a very different experience (Good way) because of the live tiles and the metro type U.I. But android is also good they are usually the first platforms getting the newest and greatest apps. Nexus 5 vs A top end Lumia for me i choose the android its just a better os for me
    12-09-2013 04:24 PM
    lolwut? i think you're going a little too far there, at the end of the day, it's a messaging app, and guess what?! it sends messages and does a bunch more...you make it sound like it doesn't work on WP8
    The latest version of whatsapp has proper notifications and the messaging background agent. The problem with previous versions was that notifications were delayed, but this became fixed. To the poster above, he must not have been using a newer version of whatsapp.
    12-09-2013 06:14 PM
    The latest version of whatsapp has proper notifications and the messaging background agent. The problem with previous versions was that notifications were delayed, but this became fixed. To the poster above, he must not have been using a newer version of whatsapp.
    that's why i was confused, because notifications have been fixed for a while
    12-09-2013 07:02 PM
    Lumia all the way. This coming from a die hard Android fan! For a first time user the WP8 is an absolute no brainer and there are enough games to keep you busy even if you do not have the ones your friends are playing on their laggy Andriods!

If you want a killer deal just PM me. I am now in possession of 7 Lumia 822, 2 Lumia 810 and 1 Lumia 521. I switched on October 25 to a Lumia 521 (which has already been sold) and haven't looked back. Currently on an 822 or an 810 and looking for a 925 actively. Cheers!
    12-09-2013 07:23 PM
    Laggy Androids lol.
    12-09-2013 07:35 PM
    I can't believe it, I used a friends Galaxy S4 and after some minutes started to lag a lot, I used to love Android but no more after had a Galaxy Nexus laggy, slow and battery of 4 hours.

Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Tapatalk
    Guytronic likes this.
    12-09-2013 10:14 PM
    The S4 only lags if you download everything and have option the phone has on. Android having a built in task manager nearly killed all lag problems especially on high end devices. Another major issue with lag many users of every OS seem to have is people stock piling text and not restarting their phones. Also since Android offers free apps by allowing ads some apps like to run hidden which glitch-fcks your phone.

When did you have a Galaxy Nexus? I believe at the time Motorola had the best Android phones.
    12-09-2013 10:43 PM
    I believe the OP wanted a smartphone with gaming as a primary function. Sure, a lot of Lumia users (supposedly) aren't into mobile gaming but that's beside the point. The OP wants/needs a mobile gaming device. It may not be your cup of tea but who cares? As much as I totally like my Lumia I'll have to admit that as a gaming platform it just plain sucks.

Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk
    12-09-2013 11:06 PM
    The S4 only lags if you download everything and have option the phone has on. Android having a built in task manager nearly killed all lag problems especially on high end devices. Another major issue with lag many users of every OS seem to have is people stock piling text and not restarting their phones. Also since Android offers free apps by allowing ads some apps like to run hidden which glitch-fcks your phone.

When did you have a Galaxy Nexus? I believe at the time Motorola had the best Android phones.

I bought the galaxy nexus the first days came out, and yes I had a Motorola milestone before my nexus.

Motorola are very resistant.

Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Tapatalk
    12-10-2013 01:09 PM
    So seeing the comments and judging from my own firsthand experience:
    Android: Easily customizable. So if you want your phone to specifically perform the way you want, get Android. Yet downside is could get laggy, not-that-good battery life and not as secure.
    WP: Simple and easy to use. Smooth OS and long battery life while being very secure. Yet lacks customization, and the app ecosystem is not as good but still catching up (so you need patience here).
    iOS: Quite a common phone (the "cool" phone that teens want), and great quality. Battery life quite good and a lot of accessories built for it. Also simple, easy to use and the best app ecosystem. Yet lacks customization and greatly overpriced (could find other phones with better firmware for cheaper). Also makes you unable to change phones that easy, as Apple makes you restricted to their services (iTunes), and lack of integration between your devices unless you own a Macbook or iPad.
    Last edited by thatdennis; 12-12-2013 at 08:01 PM.
    Tsarli and jorgemariom like this.
    12-12-2013 09:03 AM
48 12