Lumia or Android??

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
The latest version of whatsapp has proper notifications and the messaging background agent. The problem with previous versions was that notifications were delayed, but this became fixed. To the poster above, he must not have been using a newer version of whatsapp.

that's why i was confused, because notifications have been fixed for a while

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Lumia all the way. This coming from a die hard Android fan! For a first time user the WP8 is an absolute no brainer and there are enough games to keep you busy even if you do not have the ones your friends are playing on their laggy Andriods!

If you want a killer deal just PM me. I am now in possession of 7 Lumia 822, 2 Lumia 810 and 1 Lumia 521. I switched on October 25 to a Lumia 521 (which has already been sold) and haven't looked back. Currently on an 822 or an 810 and looking for a 925 actively. Cheers!

jorgemariom

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe it, I used a friends Galaxy S4 and after some minutes started to lag a lot, I used to love Android but no more after had a Galaxy Nexus laggy, slow and battery of 4 hours.

Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Tapatalk

Hawkhe

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
The S4 only lags if you download everything and have option the phone has on. Android having a built in task manager nearly killed all lag problems especially on high end devices. Another major issue with lag many users of every OS seem to have is people stock piling text and not restarting their phones. Also since Android offers free apps by allowing ads some apps like to run hidden which glitch-fcks your phone.

When did you have a Galaxy Nexus? I believe at the time Motorola had the best Android phones.

Tsarli

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I believe the OP wanted a smartphone with gaming as a primary function. Sure, a lot of Lumia users (supposedly) aren't into mobile gaming but that's beside the point. The OP wants/needs a mobile gaming device. It may not be your cup of tea but who cares? As much as I totally like my Lumia I'll have to admit that as a gaming platform it just plain sucks.

Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

jorgemariom

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
The S4 only lags if you download everything and have option the phone has on. Android having a built in task manager nearly killed all lag problems especially on high end devices. Another major issue with lag many users of every OS seem to have is people stock piling text and not restarting their phones. Also since Android offers free apps by allowing ads some apps like to run hidden which glitch-fcks your phone.

When did you have a Galaxy Nexus? I believe at the time Motorola had the best Android phones.

I bought the galaxy nexus the first days came out, and yes I had a Motorola milestone before my nexus.

Motorola are very resistant.

Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Tapatalk

thatdennis

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
So seeing the comments and judging from my own firsthand experience:
Android: Easily customizable. So if you want your phone to specifically perform the way you want, get Android. Yet downside is could get laggy, not-that-good battery life and not as secure.
WP: Simple and easy to use. Smooth OS and long battery life while being very secure. Yet lacks customization, and the app ecosystem is not as good but still catching up (so you need patience here).
iOS: Quite a common phone (the "cool" phone that teens want), and great quality. Battery life quite good and a lot of accessories built for it. Also simple, easy to use and the best app ecosystem. Yet lacks customization and greatly overpriced (could find other phones with better firmware for cheaper). Also makes you unable to change phones that easy, as Apple makes you restricted to their services (iTunes), and lack of integration between your devices unless you own a Macbook or iPad.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs