01-13-2014 10:52 PM
92 1234
tools
    MS makes money by charging manufacturers for the license. And will soon be making money on hardware sales like Apple.

Google needs to exploit user data for its core business as an online advertising provider.

MS and Apple's business model = make products and services and sell them
    Google's business model = give away services to enable large scale data mining needed to increase sales of targeted online advertising space.
    12-14-2013 12:34 PM
    MS makes money by charging manufacturers for the license. And will soon be making money on hardware sales like Apple.

Google needs to exploit user data for its core business as an online advertising provider.

MS and Apple's business model = make products and services and sell them
    Google's business model = give away services to enable large scale data mining needed to increase sales of targeted online advertising space.
    Microsoft considers free versions of Windows Phone and Windows RT to battle Android | The Verge
    Bing Ads - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Keep trying.
    etad putta likes this.
    12-14-2013 01:19 PM
    What???? Microsoft doesn't know how to collect your data? Did you really say that??
    Ha ha yes I know that Microsoft and everybody else in the business knows how to collect our data. I was referring to how the data is used once they have it.

I personally feel that online privacy is overrated. There is no such thing as privacy anymore. It's gone folks! I'm sure that a lot more is known about us than we think, even those people who are ultra careful about privacy. And I also believe that it makes very little difference how much you try to hide, unless you live in the jungles and have no contact with the modern world.
    12-14-2013 01:23 PM
    I am ready to move South African jungle, would be best place to be happy..

Sent via tapatalk
    12-14-2013 01:32 PM
    Ha ha yes I know that Microsoft and everybody else in the business knows how to collect our data. I was referring to how the data is used once they have it.

I personally feel that online privacy is overrated. There is no such thing as privacy anymore. It's gone folks! I'm sure that a lot more is known about us than we think, even those people who are ultra careful about privacy. And I also believe that it makes very little difference how much you try to hide, unless you live in the jungles and have no contact with the modern world.

totally agree with that 2nd paragraph.
    12-14-2013 01:43 PM
    I'd be happy to,do some dance moves to woo you deeper into WP8, but I'm a dude and I don't swing it that way LOL
    But youll be happy to dance. I don't dance. What I don't get is your disrespect.
    Last edited by Jazmac; 12-14-2013 at 05:23 PM.
    DBZo07 likes this.
    12-14-2013 04:20 PM
    That is what is known as a "rumour".

Regardless, even if they did do that, it would only be a temporary attempt to increase market share, after which license fees would be brought back.

And Bing ads is a tiny part of Microsoft that doesn't make any money. Google's equivalent is vital to their core business
    Last edited by three_thoughts; 12-14-2013 at 05:45 PM.
    12-14-2013 05:34 PM
    One things puzzles me,
    Why google is silent on scroogled campaign? Its serious allegations made by Microsoft...
    Why google is silent?
    May be google proves that they are best, Lion don't argue to barking dogs??

Sent via tapatalk
    Oh, Google is far from silent on this. Its bad form to fight an ad directly though....its a position of weakness.

Think more along the lines of Google's treatment of WP (YouTube, GApps,etc) their response....
    12-14-2013 06:25 PM
    Oh, Google is far from silent on this. Its bad form to fight an ad directly though....its a position of weakness.

Think more along the lines of Google's treatment of WP (YouTube, GApps,etc) their response....

i agree, louder actions...

Sent via tapatalk
    12-15-2013 12:10 AM
    But youll be happy to dance. I don't dance. What I don't get is your disrespect.
    Relax man I was just having some fun.
    Wilguens Joachin likes this.
    12-15-2013 01:50 AM
    My son @ Technocove.com gets all these phones in on a regular bases. All kinds of android around my house including the one android phone I ever considered cheating on Windows Phone for, the HTC One. Not one ever made me want to switch. Windows Phone for me. Especially since these devs have finally figured out what design works best on Windows Phone. So no, I'm not leaving.
    Yeah, the HTC One and the Xperia Z/Z1 interested me, but doesn't spark me. I even own a nexus 4, and it came out at the same time as the 920 came out. It has a quad core s4 pro processor versus the Lumia's S4 dual core, and double the RAM. But my Lumia nearly have all the issues my nexus has, and the nexus 4 is now so slow, as android always requires new hardware like every 6 months, while windows phone runs fine. I💙WP!
    Jazmac likes this.
    12-15-2013 02:17 AM
    Relax man I was just having some fun.
    You were not the one disrespected for something I said out of nowhere but I should relax. Just man up and apologize.
    12-15-2013 03:15 AM
    Yeah, the HTC One and the Xperia Z/Z1 interested me, but doesn't spark me. I even own a nexus 4, and it came out at the same time as the 920 came out. It has a quad core s4 pro processor versus the Lumia's S4 dual core, and double the RAM. But my Lumia nearly have all the issues my nexus has, and the nexus 4 is now so slow, as android always requires new hardware like every 6 months, while windows phone runs fine. IWP!
    That is the beauty of the Lumia 920. My phone is almost full and none of the apps behave any differently then when it was brand new. There are other Lumia's out but none like the Lumia 920. What WP are you looking at when it comes time to retire it?
    12-15-2013 03:19 AM
    If you thought that post was disrespectful you need thicker skin. It wasn't disrespectful. It was, however, a very unsuccessful attempt at humor.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Wilguens Joachin likes this.
    12-15-2013 07:55 AM
    Best to Worst

1. Lumia WP (best)
    2. Other WP
    3. iOS
    4. Android
    5. Symbian OS
    6. Blackberry OS
    7. Other Miscellenous Phone/OS
    8. Samsung Android (Worst)

Get Anything! BUT DONT EVER BUY SAMSUNG !!
    12-15-2013 08:19 AM
    I have a T-Mobile Lumia 521 and a Kindle Fire HD on which I ran a program to convert it to an Android 4.2 tablet (go to N2Aos Android Operating Systems for the Kindle Fire to see how to do this for $20.00).

Both seem to suit my needs perfectly. I need my mobile phone to be a place where I can quickly access my email, messages, and see news, weather,appointments and tasks, financial markets and weather updates at a glance.The Lumia fits my needs perfectly and at a great price too. I use a tablet more as a reader and multimedia device. My converted Kindle is perfect for me in that regard (well, it would be if I could access my T-Mobile data plan via their cellular network).

Each, to me, has it's benefits/ Of course, if I had a WP 8 tablet, I might never use Android for anything. Maybe someone will find a way to load the WP8 O/S in a Kindle (XDFA developers, anyone?).
    12-15-2013 08:20 AM
    Best to Worst

1. Lumia WP (best)
    2. Other WP
    3. iOS
    4. Android
    5. Symbian OS
    6. Blackberry OS
    7. Other Miscellenous Phone/OS
    8. Samsung Android (Worst)

Get Anything! BUT DONT EVER BUY SAMSUNG !!

nautanki saala

Sent via tapatalk
    12-15-2013 10:15 AM
    That is the beauty of the Lumia 920. My phone is almost full and none of the apps behave any differently then when it was brand new. There are other Lumia's out but none like the Lumia 920. What WP are you looking at when it comes time to retire it?
    The Surface Phone!
    Jazmac likes this.
    12-15-2013 01:01 PM
    The Surface Phone!

If MS/Nokia would release a flagship phone based on the Surface design, black, sleek and angular with cutting edge specs, I believe they would have a game changer. When the first iPhone was released it changed everything. Microsoft needs to try to do it again.
    12-15-2013 02:12 PM
    i agree, louder actions...
    Sent via tapatalk
    By stonewalling WP, though, Google proves MS's point. And its not just WP, or Win 8.x - They take the same approach with OSx. Anyone try fully integrating GApps with OSx Mail, Tasks, Contacts, and Calendar? You can't - you only get the full GApps experience within the browser.

For an outrageous ad to work, there has to be some truth to it - and there certainly is with Google.
    12-15-2013 02:20 PM
    yup! you just won't get access to google services like the play store, drive, and other fancy things

the core features like calendar and music, etc would work just fine
    you could sideload apps if you really are about that
    and so on
    aside from side loading apps, windows phone works the same way. You don't need the Microsoft account UNLESS you are Downloading an app.
    12-15-2013 02:25 PM
    aside from side loading apps, windows phone works the same way. You don't need the Microsoft account UNLESS you are Downloading an app.
    Yeah, but then you might as well have a dumbphone....
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
    eroselim and DBZo07 like this.
    12-15-2013 08:44 PM
    If MS/Nokia would release a flagship phone based on the Surface design, black, sleek and angular with cutting edge specs, I believe they would have a game changer. When the first iPhone was released it changed everything. Microsoft needs to try to do it again.
    ...like the Surface was a game changer?
    12-16-2013 01:15 PM
    Exactly 😁
    12-17-2013 06:49 AM
    This is one thing I find great about the Microsoft services, is that if I did ever switch platforms, even though I am heavily tied to their services, I won't have to start fresh, outside of repurchasing apps for the new platform.
    If only all companies could follow such a philosophy. I feel I should be able to carry all my baggage from platform to platform, not having to start over should I ever migrate ecosystems.

Sure, at present my loyalties lie wholeheartedly with Microsoft, and that's far beyond my data, but it's still the principle of the thing. I believe Microsoft recently conducted a survey where a pretty decent chunk of people said they'd switch email providers, if only it was easier to do so. What if it's the same for ecosystems?

I feel all the tech giants should get together and, somehow, make all the ecosystems' content get along and migratable. Each OS should be competing based on the quality of the OS itself, people shouldn't feel "stuck" with something they don't want just because they don't want to have to hassle with stuff that can't be used elsewhere (the biggest offender being Apple).
    12-25-2013 08:33 AM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD