I'm getting lured by android.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Stock Android has been very much improved, IMO. I still prefer WP8, but Android isn't the hot mess it was when I bought my first smartphone and chose WP7 over the equivalent Android.

Eh, android is becoming closed source essentially, so it might get more appealing, but that appeal only goes as far as you trust a closed source OS by google.

Android in of itself is opensource and anyone can use it and profit from it. To make money, google is pouring features not into android, but into their proprietary packages for android. Tricky tricky! Expect all the cool features to be locked down inside google services and not available to competitors also using android. Which means worse fragmentation than there already is. Which means if you like the idea of android but want to scoop out all of google's tracking, you're gonna be left with a phone that can't use any new services or features.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I could technically use android IF Microsoft has Xbox music, Xbox movies, one note and Office on there. I just have to get use to the old way of tapping icons. Not a fan of that since Live Tile.

Not sure if anyone has responded to this specific part, as I kind of just skimmed through the topic. Anyway, it's been a while since I've used an Android device, but I can't imagine it'd be much different than my wife's iPhone 5 in regards to compatibility with Microsoft services.

-Xbox Music is available on Android, save for being able to download the music for offline playback, which is a feature listed as coming soon in the app description. You can still add whatever music you want to your collection, create specific playlists, or create radio stations.

-Xbox Video is not yet available, as an Xbox Video app isn't yet available for Windows Phone even, but I would assume, with the compatibility on all platforms MS has been shooting for with all of their services, that Xbox Video will make it's way to Android and iOS eventually.

-OneNote is available on Android.

-Office for Mobile is available for Android phones, albeit, an active Office 365 subscription is required.

-Additionally, I'm pretty sure Android can sync your contacts and calendars from your MS Account. There is also a SkyDrive app available with functionality built in to auto upload your camera roll pictures and videos as well. There is also an Xbox Live app that provides the ability to customize your 360 avatar, message friends, compare achievements, etc.

This is one thing I find great about the Microsoft services, is that if I did ever switch platforms, even though I am heavily tied to their services, I won't have to start fresh, outside of repurchasing apps for the new platform.

Last edited:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Which means if you like the idea of android but want to scoop out all of google's tracking, you're gonna be left with a phone that can't use any new services or features.

The interesting thing is that out of the 3 top smartphone OS's, Android is the only one that you don't have to sign in to in order to use. Granted, some built in features will not work, but in some way or another you could pretty much use everything. It might require using some 3rd party apps instead of built in or Google apps though. I don't think you can do anything at all with an iPhone or WP without signing into your Apple account or Microsoft account.

In other words, you can remain anonymous while using an Android. Not so with iPhone or WP.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You can use an android without a google account?

yup! you just won't get access to google services like the play store, drive, and other fancy things

the core features like calendar and music, etc would work just fine
you could sideload apps if you really are about that
and so on

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
My son @ Technocove.com gets all these phones in on a regular bases. All kinds of android around my house including the one android phone I ever considered cheating on Windows Phone for, the HTC One. Not one ever made me want to switch. Windows Phone for me. Especially since these devs have finally figured out what design works best on Windows Phone. So no, I'm not leaving.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
My son @ Technocove.com gets all these phones in on a regular bases. All kinds of android around my house including the one android phone I ever considered cheating on Windows Phone for, the HTC One. Not one ever made me want to switch. Windows Phone for me. Especially since these devs have finally figured out what design works best on Windows Phone. So no, I'm not leaving.

I'd be happy to,do some dance moves to woo you deeper into WP8, but I'm a dude and I don't swing it that way LOL

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
You can use an android without a google account?

Yes, in fact you could even sign in with your Microsoft account to use your calendar & email if you wished. Ironic isn't it? :angel: I would imagine Google is still collecting data from the device, but they don't necessarily know it's you.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, in fact you could even sign in with your Microsoft account to use your calendar & email if you wished. Ironic isn't it? :angel: I would imagine Google is still collecting data from the device, but they don't necessarily know it's you.

Google owns you, just waits for you to open an account, I wonder if its a child of NSA.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Google owns you, just waits for you to open an account, I wonder if its a child of NSA.

Google!!
Most dangerous thing inside android OS

Even if you don't put google account, it still tracks you.. There is a program which even big devs cant get rid of.
After 4.2.2, google imposed fusedlocation system app which tracks you always.. Even if you root and remove it, system gets unstable..
On xda, i have opened a thread,
Why google wants to entry in everybody's life?? Shocking discussion!! http://goo.gl/OHdxnv

That's reason, i switched to windows phone...

Sent via tapatalk

Last edited:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Google!!
Most dangerous thing inside android OS

Even if you don't put google account, it still tracks you.. There is a program which even big devs cant get rid of.
After 4.2.2, google imposed fusedlocation system app which tracks you always.. Even if you root and remove it, system gets unstable..
On xda, i have opened a thread,
Why google wants to entry in everybody's life?? Shocking discussion!! Why Google force all to sync the data/ why Google wants to enter in everybody's life? - xda-developers

That's reason, i switched to windows phone...

Sent via tapatalk

No wonder people still love android, as long as they don't know about this development.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Google made life so easy, that people are addicted to android... They make huge profits out of our data...

Sent via tapatalk

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
All praises to Photoshop.

Sorry

off-Topic, i had to counter this allegation..

lol... Im photographer not photoshopper! After heavy request, ma'am was ready to give that pose..

Haha, and you telling its photoshopd...

I need to change it immediately. I was too excited to keep this avatar.. I don't prefer show-off. I don't have time to login via pc.. Tapatalk don't allow to update it. Nor even windowsphone is capable to upload.. I will find my buddy with android ;p and get it done..

Photographer's life is hell, 4.48am and work doesn't end...

Sent via tapatalk

Last edited:

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
You guys are cute, thinking Microsoft doesn't exploit your data the exact same way Google does.

yeah, thanks for sarcastic compliment...

Truly speaking, Microsoft doesn't have that hunger of data stealing.. Google is already well known for its evil deeds.

Google tries to come on top, Microsoft was at top and it will stay on top, that's why MSFT confirms each and every sync.

Another strong point to nail is,

Have you seen latest "scroogled" advertisement??

One of the point of sale-POS of Microsoft is privacy concerns. If Microsoft is stealing data than google is first person to catch hold Microsoft which is complete destruction of POS... Nailed...

Here, an interesting tweet..

If u missed it: Microsoft wants to help you ditch Gmail for https://t.co/NqWnPfKcr5 with new migration service https://t.co/sixjFQiz02

Sent via tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb