I'm getting lured by android.

Karkadann

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Before getting my first WP, I used Android. I've never had any top device. The best Android device I had was a Galaxy Ace I bought on October/2012. It was nice at first, but then I noticed how stuff works on Android. If you don't have a lot of internal storage, you're screwed. If you don't have a lot of RAM, you're screwed. IDK for the >4.1, but until the 4.1 Android can't install apps on the SD by default. If you have a low-end device, it probably have small internal storage. That means you will run out of space for new apps and that your phone will get laggy and crash more often. I used it for 4 months, then I sold it. I was going to buy a WP but I've got a PS Vita instead (nice hardware, btw). For some reason I started looking for a better Android device. Then I realized that, to buy an Android, I have to check every specs, check if the sound is good, check benchmarks, and I've got tired of looking for the perfect device for me. I decided to get me a cheap WP8 device. Got a Lumia 520 and it was the best phone I've ever had. Used it for 20 days, and then the Lumia 920 got a nice price. I didn't think twice. Got my white Lumia 920. I know it's not the best WP, but this stuff is expensive here in Brazil.
I'm not returning to Android at any time.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Actually I don't think Microsoft does. They would love to, and they would if they could, but they don't know how.

What???? Microsoft doesn't know how to collect your data? Did you really say that??

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
tekhna youre so cute, thinking Microsoft exploits your data the exact same way Google does.

One things puzzles me,
Why google is silent on scroogled campaign? Its serious allegations made by Microsoft...
Why google is silent?
May be google proves that they are best, Lion don't argue to barking dogs??

Sent via tapatalk

Tre Lawrence

May 27, 2013
Visit site
One things puzzles me,
Why google is silent on scroogled campaign? Its serious allegations made by Microsoft...
Why google is silent?

Sent via tapatalk

I think Google simply couldn't care less.

Plus the wearables rejoinder was hilarious IMHO.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
One things puzzles me,
Why google is silent?

Sent via tapatalk

You're trying to make an argument based on an advertising campaign? Are you serious?
The simple fact is that every company, whether it's Microsoft, Google, Twitter, Facebook, Amazon, real life corporations like Target, both political parties (I've done a lot of analytics work for one political party--it's shocking what they know about you), they're trying to ruthlessly exploit every scrap of information they have on you and it's insane to think otherwise.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
You're trying to make an argument based on an advertising campaign? Are you serious?
The simple fact is that every company, whether it's Microsoft, Google, Twitter, Facebook, Amazon, real life corporations like Target, both political parties (I've done a lot of analytics work for one political party--it's shocking what they know about you), they're trying to ruthlessly exploit every scrap of information they have on you and it's insane to think otherwise.

i completely dissatisfied with Microsoft campaign about scroogled.. How can they allege google and do same thing... I sure this will have negative impact on Microsoft if google is silent... So much cruelty and hunger for information.. Can we talk about your analysis?

Sent via tapatalk

three_thoughts

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
MS makes money by charging manufacturers for the license. And will soon be making money on hardware sales like Apple.

Google needs to exploit user data for its core business as an online advertising provider.

MS and Apple's business model = make products and services and sell them
Google's business model = give away services to enable large scale data mining needed to increase sales of targeted online advertising space.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
MS makes money by charging manufacturers for the license. And will soon be making money on hardware sales like Apple.

Google needs to exploit user data for its core business as an online advertising provider.

MS and Apple's business model = make products and services and sell them
Google's business model = give away services to enable large scale data mining needed to increase sales of targeted online advertising space.

Microsoft considers free versions of Windows Phone and Windows RT to battle Android | The Verge
Bing Ads - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Keep trying.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
What???? Microsoft doesn't know how to collect your data? Did you really say that??

Ha ha yes I know that Microsoft and everybody else in the business knows how to collect our data. I was referring to how the data is used once they have it.

I personally feel that online privacy is overrated. There is no such thing as privacy anymore. It's gone folks! I'm sure that a lot more is known about us than we think, even those people who are ultra careful about privacy. And I also believe that it makes very little difference how much you try to hide, unless you live in the jungles and have no contact with the modern world.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Ha ha yes I know that Microsoft and everybody else in the business knows how to collect our data. I was referring to how the data is used once they have it.

I personally feel that online privacy is overrated. There is no such thing as privacy anymore. It's gone folks! I'm sure that a lot more is known about us than we think, even those people who are ultra careful about privacy. And I also believe that it makes very little difference how much you try to hide, unless you live in the jungles and have no contact with the modern world.

totally agree with that 2nd paragraph.

three_thoughts

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
One things puzzles me,
Why google is silent?

Sent via tapatalk

Oh, Google is far from silent on this. Its bad form to fight an ad directly though....its a position of weakness.

Think more along the lines of Google's treatment of WP (YouTube, GApps,etc) their response....

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Oh, Google is far from silent on this. Its bad form to fight an ad directly though....its a position of weakness.

Think more along the lines of Google's treatment of WP (YouTube, GApps,etc) their response....

i agree, louder actions...

Sent via tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss