Choosing a new WP

nevvy

May 6, 2013
Visit site
My contract on orange UK is about to finish. I've had a Lumia 800 for two years now and it's been fantastic. I'll be sticking with WP and Nokia. It has survived many, many drops/bumps etc.

The problem is I don't know which phone to choose. I'd really like a 1020, but the high price puts me off and I don't really need the camera. The 1520 is a little bulky for my liking and it is also more than I want to spend (I'm tight). I'd like some advice please :)

The lumia 625 seems a little cheap for my liking and has been out for quite a long time.

In the "mid range" this only really leaves the 920 or 925, both of which I can buy outright and go on a sim only contract and make quite a saving over 24 months of a contract. But like the 625, these phones have been out for quite a few months; will they become obsolete very soon? The lumia 1320 isn't really out yet in the UK, is this the new mid-range lumia phone? I spend a lot of time leaching off these forums and similar websites (thanks guys!) so I know that no other phones have been announced, and if they were then it would be a few months until they actually hit the market.

Last question; is there any difference in performance between the 920 and 925? I think the 925 is the better looking/feeling phone so will probably go for that. The similarity of the 920 to my 800 does interest me though. I'd expect it to bounce just as well on concrete!

Thanks,
nevvy

vaultsurvivor

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I love my 920 so im a little biased... Its solid as a rock, and I much prefer its weight to lighter stuff like the 925/galaxy range/iphones. The only real differences are that the 925 has an extra lens in the camera (so better pics in theory), and that its lighter (but that sacrifices wireless charging)... I would go and play with them in store, that's what i did with my 920. I wouldn't get anything with less than 1gb of ram (correct me if im wrong but i think th 625 is a 512mb?), as that will limit you... All the current hardware will get 8.1, and "threshold" is rumored for 2015 so you should get a solid year/year an a half in terms of os updates. I did a lot of research before choosing for my last contract, and a lot of it came down to the feel of the phone in store (once i manned up an got the courage to switch to wp lol). I don't think you could go far wrong with the 92x series if youre on a budget...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes