Nokia INDESTRUCTIBLE!

makarand14

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Well, it so happened that my sister in law got a new HTC One and was flaunting it in front of her cousins. She admired the thinness, the Zoe Camera and low light. I've got a Lumia 720, which at 1/4th the price is equally thin, has got Nokia Camera Beta, Cinemagraph, 1.9 f aperture and what else not to compare... But still, she being a girl she is, was trying to win over in front of everyone that her HTC One was the best!

I had it, and as a final move, threw my Lumia from the couch I was sitting, onto the floor (no carpet). And that's when she went all AWE faced and after a couple of seconds said that Lumia is best and my phone wins the comparison.

Go NOKIA!

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Lumia despite are smartphones are quite tough,i dropped my lumia 520 so much times and i just damaged the shell a bit-which i can easily replace it
If i had an iPhone it would be already dead :p

altafmahmood

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Nokia claims to test their phone by several severe test which the phone may not experience in its lifetime. Nokia phones are sturdily built.

Sent from my RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Please don't post these types of stories. While lumia's are much better than most phones newbs read this garbage and then believe they don't need a case even they had one on their previous devices. If any phone falls just right it can become a paperweight in an instant, just sayin'.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
well, i hope to think that Nokias are built better, but all it takes is falling the wrong way to kill anything, i've heard enough first-drop disasters to still be careful :)

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, it so happened that my sister in law got a new HTC One and was flaunting it in front of her cousins. She admired the thinness, the Zoe Camera and low light. I've got a Lumia 720, which at 1/4th the price is equally thin, has got Nokia Camera Beta, Cinemagraph, 1.9 f aperture and what else not to compare... But still, she being a girl she is, was trying to win over in front of everyone that her HTC One was the best!

I had it, and as a final move, threw my Lumia from the couch I was sitting, onto the floor (no carpet). And that's when she went all AWE faced and after a couple of seconds said that Lumia is best and my phone wins the comparison.

Go NOKIA!
i remember a video released after launch of Lumia 800 showing its physical powers with Gorilla glass.
there was a nokia exibit in some exibition in europe, who threw a bunch of keys on that Lumia 800 and later, he himself stood over the lumia 800 and took a whirl.
it was awesome (some may feel scary, i felt at first watch).
it still must be there on youtube.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my HTC Android phone on hard floors many times and it never suffered any problems (or even scratches). I don't recommend trying it with a nice new phone like the HTC One, but any well made phone should survive a fair amount of abuse.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I dropped my Lumia 920 with a cover 3 times on hard asphalt really hard drops, and not a scratch, even the cover hahahaha

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have abused this L900 so much, but hasn't even blinked as far as performance.

However, it did get it's screen cracked on my hardwood floor, so my advice is to save that party trick for only when you need to.....

Like maybe never again?

Although to show up a sister, I so understand.

Now, about throwing down the iPhone....

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
My story:

I was in a iPhone/WP spat with a friend. I reached into my front pocket and quickly pulled out my Lumia 810 to show them "Yes, WP has this feature!!" (can't remember what exactly we were arguing about now). Well I was a bit enthusiastic to say the least, and just was the phone left my pocket, it slipped out of my fingers. That sucker FLEW up over 7' in the air over his head and landed on a coble stone driveway, and went bouncing about 6 feet way from us.

Without missing a beat, I ran over grabbed the phone, and without thinking dove into the interface to prove to them that I had the feature and that it was better than his iPhone, shoving the screen in his face to prove it.

He just stood there jaw dropped bug eyed. I was all smug and happy to say the least. He finally said "WTF!!! The phone is still working and not cracked after that toss!!!" I was a bit confused, at that moment because he wasn't talking about the feature, but the phone itself. He slowly pulls his iPhone out of his pocket to show his broken screen, and dinged up iPhone 5. He explained that it had fallen off the countertop and this was the result.

We looked over my phone carefully and found just a slight ding on the corner.

quotethepigeon

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Despite what guff the manufacturer feeds you its still just a phone. I dropped my htc one x several times from variable heights when i had it. Not a scratch. My older htc desire hd fell onto it from less than a foot and both the screens were cracked. Its sheer luck if your phone survives.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I would just like to point out that if your phone falls and the screen doesn't break, it doesn't mean it is unscathed. I posted a thread some time ago where I dropped my phone onto concrete. It didn't break the screen, but it ended up knocking my antenna connection loose. http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/241361-my-broken-fixed-920-a.html

I do think Nokia makes really good, sturdy phones, but they are still just relatively fragile electronics wrapped up in plastic.So be careful with em!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss