01-22-2014 09:33 PM
35 12
tools
    I saw this on an android blog(Not AC) that i visit from time to time...seriously though, what in the world?
    This is definitely a rip on WP
    This is why I could never support Samsung simply becomes nothing about them is original and why it always amuses me when people say they are the best OEM :P

new_samsung_ui-640x875.png
    01-20-2014 02:09 AM
    lol. Samsung's dev's are pirates. What would be interesting is if they market this device and call them tiles.
    boovish likes this.
    01-20-2014 02:15 AM
    lol. Samsung's dev's are pirates. What would be interesting is if they market this device and call them tiles.
    that would be hilarious to me lol. Touchtiles for touchwiz :P
    Philip Khor, snowmutt and Jazmac like this.
    01-20-2014 02:29 AM
    Hopefully in android you can put custom roms on it or launchers
    01-20-2014 03:07 AM
    Welcome to the tech world, everyone steals from everyone ;).

Here's another picture:
    bdyhaj-ceaavdls.jpg

I must say that I definitely like the UI, though it may not be entirely original, it's still miles better than the current UI on Samsung phones.
    jrodriguezpr likes this.
    01-20-2014 03:33 AM
    Hopefully in android you can put custom roms on it or launchers
    Yes you can in android. A simple launcher will change the look of your phone. Custom roms r mostly for performance boosts, more control over your phone and increasing battery life(slimmer rom with minimal running services and nil bloatware)
    01-20-2014 03:39 AM
    And now live tiles will be second best thing, right after Apple's icons :P.
    01-20-2014 11:26 AM
    Oh Sammy, sammy... Sometimes imitation is the best form of flattery, but this is kind of excessive.
    Jazmac likes this.
    01-20-2014 04:21 PM
    The problem I see with this many "tiles" showing this much information is that you just KNOW some ***** will be checking his/her phone while driving.
    Nogitsune Micah likes this.
    01-20-2014 08:20 PM
    This looks a lot more like HTC's UI than WP8.
    aitt and psudotechzealot like this.
    01-20-2014 08:31 PM
    like htc blink feed..
    01-20-2014 10:23 PM
    I find it curious how one of the tiles, for a song shared with you, has a play button. Would you be able to just play the song directly from the tile without opening the app? Would be handy.
    01-21-2014 06:25 AM
    Wrong post
    01-21-2014 06:38 AM
    which in itself already sort of has wp8 look to it.
    01-21-2014 06:40 AM
    That's what samsung does all the time,copy the other brands and try to make something the amazing...
    01-21-2014 07:18 AM
    The problem I see with this many "tiles" showing this much information is that you just KNOW some ***** will be checking his/her phone while driving.
    This morning I was sitting at a light trying to straight. In the left turn lane next to me there was a truck and a car with a woman in it behind me. She was checking her phone, texting, maybe sending an email. The light turned green for them to go. The truck turned but the lady just kept messing with her phone. By the time she looked up, the light was red again. She sped up to the light but had to stop because it was red. She looked incredulous.

That made my day.
    01-21-2014 08:05 AM
    Better than touchwiz? Yes

But it looks **** ugly on a phone, on the Galaxy Tab 12.2 it looks quite nice.
    01-21-2014 08:17 AM
    which in itself already sort of has wp8 look to it.
    It really doesn't look close.
    FinancialP likes this.
    01-21-2014 10:59 AM
    It really doesn't look close.
    I agree, it's not that similar. Too convoluted for even a 5" screen.
    01-21-2014 11:05 AM
    Samdung... Oh, the industrial copycat on a,massive scale
    01-21-2014 11:08 AM
    Samdung... Oh, the industrial copycat on a,massive scale
    Samdung? I like it. Hope it wasn't a typo.
    01-21-2014 11:50 AM
    I find it curious how one of the tiles, for a song shared with you, has a play button. Would you be able to just play the song directly from the tile without opening the app? Would be handy.
    Considering that widgets have been able to do that on Android for over 3 years now, I suppose you would be able to do it here.
    01-21-2014 01:15 PM
    The entire industry has been moving towards tiles, less chrome, and outright minimalism for more than a year and in this case the resemblance is (at best) superficial. Don't people have better things to do with their time than obsess about such trivial stuff. BTW, in as much as there is any resemblance at all (which is really not much) how do you know that Samsung has not licensed things from Microsoft? Samsung and Microsoft have a relationship that is much longer than that with either Google or Apple. At its core though, why does anyone really care about this stuff unless you are a patent attorney or the holder of a relevant patent or copyright?
    aitt, fatclue_98, tgp and 1 others like this.
    01-21-2014 01:19 PM
    The entire industry has been moving towards tiles, less chrome, and outright minimalism for more than a year and in this case the resemblance is (at best) superficial. Don't people have better things to do with their time than obsess about such trivial stuff. BTW, in as much as there is any resemblance at all (which is really not much) how do you know that Samsung has not licensed things from Microsoft? Samsung and Microsoft have a relationship that is much longer than that with either Google or Apple. At its core though, why does anyone really care about this stuff unless you are a patent attorney or the holder of a relevant patent or copyright?
    I've been poking around these forums for awhile, and I've come up with a few archetypes for different posters on these forums.

You are the antagonist. Nearly every single post is you playing devils advocate. I'm not saying it's an entirely bad thing... Just an observation I've noted from your past posts.
    01-21-2014 03:05 PM
    I've been poking around these forums for awhile, and I've come up with a few archetypes for different posters on these forums.

You are the antagonist. Nearly every single post is you playing devils advocate. I'm not saying it's an entirely bad thing... Just an observation I've noted from your past posts.
    I wouldn't call devil's advocate an antagonist. That would be a fanboy or a troll. There are many other members here who argue for the sake of arguing. His post did present some good points and in the end, that's what forums are all about. Being the hot-head Cuban that I am, I might be bashing him later. If he says something stupid of course.
    01-21-2014 03:27 PM
35 12